Game Thread | Montreal vs. Philadelphia | 01/11/07

Spider-Man NL

I like Perez but not as much as some of the other promising forwards. He could get caught in a numbers game really soon with guys like Lapierre, Grabovsky and Kostitsyn knocking on the door. I do believe he has value on the market because of his 2-way play. Having read the interview of him a few weeks ago I was not confident he was a team player...hopefully I am wrong. When he said he doesn't talk much to the other guys on the team and that he thinks he deserves more ice-time than Lats...that speaks volumes.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perezhogin first got demoted from 3 to 4th line and now he is out of the line up. Looks like he want to shake him up.

But i think it is not wise to remove two of the fasters skaters(Perezhogin and Grabovsky) in the team for two grinders that make us equivalent in speed with Philadelphia wich as none.

That and with Forsberg in the line up it can't hurt to have you're best +/- on any line.

Perezhogin, after Bob and Guy are done with training him to be more defensive minded will be a fantastic top 2 line forward. I'd like to think he'll be as good as a Jere Lehtinen type... one who can not only shut down a top opposing line but can be offensive force at the same time.

As far as I'm concerned this guy is the best young player the habs have at present. He will be a force in time.

:hlogo:

No Perezhogin tonight, and Aebischer is playing (along with Murray and Downey).

Hmm, I wonder if a trade is on the horizon.

I highly doubt it... but hey, I'm bored! :D

It won't happen again cause he's in the NHL.... It was not an accident, an accident is something you don't do on purpose, he did it, we all seem him turn around and smack his stick on his head, he meant it, or if it was an accident, he has mental problems for hitting a guy across the head... I don't like him, end of discussion, you can't make me change my mind.

I really wish that Perezhogin incident would just go away...

The kid was suspended for a year...and I'm sorry, but no matter how many times I watch it, I still can't say for certain that Perezhogin "meant" to hit the other player in the head...no doubt that he wanted to slash him (after getting slashed in the back of the head I might have as well), but, personally, I think he was thinking he was going to hit the other player in the mid-section (which, is still, not nice) but as he turned the other player fell to his knees. Not trying to convince anyone..just saying how I see it.

Clarke: Desjardins a classy player as Flyers set to honour former blue-liner

He is a class act. I was very disappointed when they announced that trade.

As for Perez. Just look at his plus minus. I doubt he's being scratched to shake him up. Carbo sends him out against the best players to do a job, and he does it very well. Helps shut down the big line. I'd say he needs a rest or has personal issues or maybe he is being traded.

Perezhogin must be injured or they are playing Murray or Downey in their last game with the Canadiens. Perezhogin has elite skill because he can make moves at top speed and when he was with Kovalev and Koivu last year he was electric.

That was a nice ceremony for Eric; even the habs got a chance to honor him for his role winning our cup in 1993; He made a good effort to recognize people around him at the time; very classy, we just won't see players like him again.

GO HABS GO!

Clarke: Desjardins a classy player as Flyers set to honour former blue-liner

As for Perez. Just look at his plus minus. I doubt he's being scratched to shake him up. Carbo sends him out against the best players to do a job, and he does it very well. Helps shut down the big line. I'd say he needs a rest or has personal issues or maybe he is being traded.

Zhogs has the makings of an excellent 2-way player.. he's young, but he will be tremendous asset in the years to come. This would make him trade bait, but I think that's unlikely. It is more likely he's sick or injured, etc...

IMO, the Zhogs stick-swinging incidence was an accident. When someone slashes you in the back of the head, you expect that person to still be standing when you swing your stick around, as ill advised as it may be. It was a knee-jerk reaction that went horribly wrong. I don't support Zhogs slashing the guy, but people must understand that it was never intended for his head, and that makes a huge difference.

Edited by lazy26

you mean

GAME ON!

:P

go habs go!!!

oh good I'm sure the habs heard that much better... :)

ok time for a prediction.. I say that Laps will score tonight.

GO habs Go!

Johnny on the spot scores from higgy and plex....

crap the flyers score on the next play...