What no Michael Ryder thread?

CoRvInA

Ok I am not a big Ryder fan but..... Im surprised no one has mentioned Ryder and his (old)new sticks working Bloody well lately?

RDS mentioned he changed back to easton or was it not using eastons... anyone know?

Edited by CoRvInA

Who cares?

Its too bad Michael Ryder doesn't get some more slack on these boards. Just because the stat sheet doesn't show 20 goals, doesnt mean the efforts not there. How many goal posts has the guy hit? How many times has he been robbed by a goaltender? This guy could easily have 20 + goals!.

And hey, maybe it lowers his salary expectations? Would be smart to lock him up for three years after this year!

Who cares?

Its too bad Michael Ryder doesn't get some more slack on these boards. Just because the stat sheet doesn't show 20 goals, doesnt mean the efforts not there. How many goal posts has the guy hit? How many times has he been robbed by a goaltender? This guy could easily have 20 + goals!.

And hey, maybe it lowers his salary expectations? Would be smart to lock him up for three years after this year!

Who cares about the no thread or about what stick he is using now???

if scoring 3 goals in 2 games doesnt make the grade for a thread than what does?

Ryder been one of our best playes for the last 3 years.. i think this year he look better on the ice then he ever as. I hope we sign to a 3 year deal this year... :clap:

go :hlogo: go

It's not only the stick, he does shoot more often lately.

With his shot accuracy, more shots equals more goals.

I think he was and still trying to be more than a shooter working on his playmaking abilities. Making him less predictable has some people on the board said before.

But his main asset is his shot and if he could just position himself more in the front of the net instead of along the boards he would distract opposite defense and benefit from puck movement created by Saku.

Nothing wrong being a shooter.

It's not only the stick, he does shoot more often lately.

With his shot accuracy, more shots equals more goals.

I think he was and still trying to be more than a shooter working on his playmaking abilities. Making him less predictable has some people on the board said before.

But his main asset is his shot and if he could just position himself more in the front of the net instead of along the boards he would distract opposite defense and benefit from puck movement created by Saku.

Nothing wrong being a shooter.

Agreed. Part of his problem earlier may have been that he was trying to do too much with the puck. His puck-handling skills aren't the greatest... I'm all for him working on improvement, but it should be during practice until he has improved. The last couple of games, he's started firing, which is his key to success. That shot from the left side high slot should be patented - it's virtually unstoppable.

As kaos says, the effort has always been there with Ryder. Now with him playing a game better suited to his abilities, he should rack up the goals.

I don't think people should really have a problem with Ryder at all, he has 14 goals and is on pace for about 30. As far as I know that is exactly what we would have expected out of him at the beginning of the year. He is doing allright, we all know that he is a streaky player, who scores in bunches, nothing has changed this year, why would anyone ride him, he'll end up in the top 3 in scoring for this club and he's the 9th highest paid player on the team, I would think it is safe to say he's doing his job and contributing more than all but 2 possibly 3 players who are paid more. Go Ryder Go. Keep up the streaky playing as long as you end up with around 30, I'll be happy.

Hey Corv, speaking of that stick selection. He started the season with a NikeBauer One90, after a couple of months he started playing with a Warrior Dolomite and like you said he is now playing with a stick he used last season, the Easton synergy.

I've never understood the hate-on for Ryder either. But it's pretty typical for second-tier goal-scorers to get a lot of grief (look at Sykora being hounded out of Anaheim). Goal-scorers are streaky by nature and when they're NOT scoring everybody starts to obsess over their limitations. The bottom line, for me, is 30 goals and a reasonably hard-working guy. I wouldn't want a whole team of Ryders but he's a valuable piece of the puzzle; leave him alone.

Other than the lack of goals, Ryder is playing better this season than he ever has. He's skating better, playing better defensively and actually making some moves out there where before he would just sit in the slot and tee up a pass from Koivu. Perhaps that's the reason his goals are down because he's too busy doing other things than just waiting for the pass. He's actually throwing hits out there too which was unheard of before. In other words, Ryder is much more of a complete player this year than in the past. That has to be a good thing.

Hey Corv, speaking of that stick selection. He started the season with a NikeBauer One90, after a couple of months he started playing with a Warrior Dolomite and like you said he is now playing with a stick he used last season, the Easton synergy.

Thats what I wanted to learn! Thanks Mathieu30! the thirty goal stick! cool!

Edited by CoRvInA

Wow you guys sure change your sentiments quickly. Too bad if the guy goes another 2 game stretch without producing there will be a thread suggesting we should deal him ASAP.

Koivu hasn't scored in a few. Pointless in a couple at least. We should ask him to waive that NTC and trade him for a few Synergy sticks.

All the Knee-jerk Ryder defenders... Please calm down!... if you read the starting thread I make no mention on bashing him... Why will a thread on a particular player become synonymous with bashing? I just want to point out that this is his third goal in two games with his old... (thanks Mathieu)... stick ... Nothing more lol I love you guys! :clap:

sticks make a difference to a players style and comfort. Big Al Mac ( had a booming shot with a wood stick I believe)

And OV has a good shot with the new sticks but they break on him 65% of the time...

If it works; don't fix it! I'm glad Ryder has gone back to a tried and true, tested and scored with stick...

GO HABS GO!

Who cares?

Its not that he doesn't have as many goals as he should that bugs me, it's that the guy cannot clear his own zone if his life depended on it. Happened again numerous times today against Ottawa...

Its not that he doesn't have as many goals as he should that bugs me, it's that the guy cannot clear his own zone if his life depended on it. Happened again numerous times today against Ottawa...

I think he is a better two way player than last year, but his offensive skills are not being utilized or have disapeared. A strange thing for Ryder this year. If he looks for a big contract I would say good bye as Habs have a few overpaid floaters already.

The guy is pretty responsible defensively, which is why he does get Penalty Kill time, but the fact of the matter is that he's the number 1 right winger on the club and you don't expect him to be your best defensive forward. Its a simple excuse for people that don't really like him. Poor guy should really get more slack.