Rivet BENCHED!

alexstream

The guy on the forum that reported it was the guy that runs hockeyleaks...not a great site. He said one of his readers overheard Carbonneau mention this to somebody over lunch. A bit far fetched but it is eerie that these guys get benched a few hours later.

This is a REAL shocker. Of everyone I thought he might bench, only Koivu or Souray would be more surprising...

Rivet has trade value, don't kid yourself. He's universally respected around the league. Having said that, I have wondered at times whether age (or the new NHL) is starting to get the best of him - but I still think he's an asset, unlike the more hysterical types on this board. If Bob is preparing to move him, he obviously wants cap space to sign the bigger names at D.

i don't know if this was mentioned but i heard it said on ckac that he's asked for a trade... in a way that would be sad

GO :hlogo: GO!

non that the first round of benching's it done! who is next?

I'm going to call out Kovy and Souray!

Lets see what goes down... any predictions?

Uff...not so surprised by the move as by the reaction, expected more from Rivet (if indeed he's left the rink and asked for a trade).

Samsonov I've long defended, but boy was it overdue. However, the true test of Carbo's will should be Kovalev - he's deserved a benching for a while too, I'm curious if he gets one and what the consequences would be.

And........this could very well mean that at the end of the year all our UFA defencemen bolt. Everyone assumes Markov would resign here but he's been very quiet on the subject, Souray will get offered way more money than he's worth (and from a team in a sunnier place), and Rivet now may not wanna stay here. Niinimaa I'm not sure we even want, but he can't be happy about going back to a team where he's playing once every 8 games either.

Not the likeliest scenario, but not impossible.

I haven't read he's demanding a trade anywhere. Premature babble from a radio station, that's what it is.

I would have to agree and if he did demand a trade he would not have told that to the media nor would have Carbonneau or other Habs management.

:puke:

Obviously the steal of this trade would be Pitkanen and potentially the draft pick (depending on how high)

No worries though, Esche would do well with the Bulldogs when Halak takes the backup job.

I don't like this. A bad week and two horrible games. Of course Carbo will do something to get back on track. Craig Rivet have been around for so long so he should be matured enough to realize all this.

If there's something going on then he should still act like the profesional he's supposed to be.

About Samsonov... Im still defending him. Everybody on this board should know what he's capable of. One have to feel comfortable outside of the ring to be able to perform. And look how long it took for Radek Bonk to adapt. Bonk's first season was not good. This season he should be nominated for the Selke and still his play hasn't change dramaticly.

Im sure Samsonov will find the net once chemistry is there. Right now he's having a hard time getting they goals and probably the whole thing have gone phsycic. Therefore it can be a good thing for Samsonov to watch his team from the sideline. Get a new perpective and feel the hunger.

About Philadelphia trading Pitkänen I don't believe it for a second. The Flyers was supposed to be a top team and now they are in a crisis and Pitkänen beeing their best defenceman and the only one on the blueline with his best days ahead of him.

Flyers need young fresh blood. Something to build on. They should have realized by now that they will miss the playoffs and could start to deal their UFA-to come.

It is about time Rivet got benched. He has been struggling lately and is at best a 5th or 6th d-man. Not that i'm a big Ninimaa fan, but he can't do much worse than Rivet has been. Even though Streit has looked decent as a 4th line winger, i would like to see more of him on the backend. Gonna get torched for this comment, but next i believe Boullion should sit. I know he hits alot but he is no better than a 5th or 6th d-man. Streit makes better passes and has more offensive potential. What i like is:

Markov - Komi

Souray - Dandy

Streit - Rivet

or

Markov - Komi

Souray - Streit

Boullion - Dandy

or Markov -Komi

Souray - Streit

Ninimaa - Dandy

Let the other 4 fight it out for icetime Rivet, Boullion, Streit and Ninimaa

At forward go back to

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Samsonov - Pleks - Kovalev could switch up Sammy and Perez or Perez and Begin

Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson

Begin - Lapierre - Lats

Lats could get some PP time

MFT77 great post. I love the forward lines going back to how they were.

You are also correct about Rivet.

The Best of your de pariings are.

79-8

44-25/51

32/8-52

with the possibilit of putting Niinimaa with Dandy once in a while.

Edited by JMMR

Hey everyone. I had a dream the Leafs won the cup...this is what I saw in my dream last night

leafsstanjq6.jpg

LOLLL Am I the only one that gets it?? :unsure:

Hopefully Mats Sundin "won" it in a Hockey Hall of Fame contest in the very very distant future lol, and all the space on it is full of Montreal Canadiens 2006-2007 and on and on lol

Edited by blaze53

Aebisher, Rivet and Samsonov to the flyers for Esche, Pitkanen and a draft pick.

The gods are listening...or maybe they read this board

Esche => Michael Leighton

:);)

:hlogo: icon12.gif :hlogo: