Bulis Unsatisfied & Soon to Demand Trade

smon

Boy, where have we seen this before? Bulis sure seems to have an inflated ego.

VANCOUVER PROVINCE: Jason Botchford reported yesterday Canucks forward Jan Bulis has grown dissatisifed with his role and lack of ice time with the club, and has asked his agent, Jiri Crha, to have talks with GM Dave Nonis. Crha said he hasn't asked for a trade but could if both sides fail to come to an understanding. "I will tell you honestly, if nothing changes I will begin to explore trade options," Crha said. "He'd like to be used more than he's used right now. I will wait a couple of days, maybe through the all-star break, and then we'll see what happens." Bulis signed with the Canucks last summer on the assumption he would play a more offensive role, possibly with the Sedin Twins.

From Spector's Hockey - http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spectors_trade_rumours.html

Well I believe that he was and is upset because he was not getting the role he was promised when the contract was signed. Now I believe he is playing with the twins so he should be happy for a while.

Well I believe that he was and is upset because he was not getting the role he was promised when the contract was signed. Now I believe he is playing with the twins so he should be happy for a while.

the coach was upset because he didn't produce to what he promised. it's give and take !!

Apparently, he wants to play in Manitoba?

plenty of icetime, first line, first pp unit, he'd get it all B)

the coach was upset because he didn't produce to what he promised. it's give and take !!

yup, they first used him as promised and he didn't deliver, so they changed the lines.

i wonder how 'bth' feels about this development...

as most you know his 'name' used to be bulis_the_habby... bulis was his favourite player on our team...

must be disappointing for him...

GO :hlogo: GO!

I don't get professional athletes sometimes. They are paying you millions of dollars and you're not even that great plus you get to live in Vancouver. lol He should care if he is not on the sedins line he's getting paid. geesh.

Well he signed a one year deal expecting to play a set amount of minutes in set situations so that he could increase his value and get a better longer contract this summer.

So I do understand it players have a limited amount of time to make as much money as they can.

This is what I don't get: if you were miserable at your job and felt your boss treated you unfairly, you'd quit and work elsewhere. Why is it so bad when an athlete wants to change his place of employment?

I don't get professional athletes sometimes. They are paying you millions of dollars and you're not even that great plus you get to live in Vancouver. lol He should care if he is not on the sedins line he's getting paid. geesh.

Maybe it's not so much about the money and more that he wants to have fun doing his job? He wants to play hockey, not watch it. He's a millionaire either way. If he didn't like his job he wouldn't complain. He'd brag about how he gets a over a million dollars just to sit on a bench.

Maybe it's not so much about the money and more that he wants to have fun doing his job? He wants to play hockey, not watch it. He's a millionaire either way. If he didn't like his job he wouldn't complain. He'd brag about how he gets a over a million dollars just to sit on a bench.

I don't think Bulis is going anywhere. He'll be fine..... at least I hope. ^_^

It's Bonk_The_Habbie now anyways for BTH. :lol:

I don't think Bulis is going anywhere. He'll be fine..... at least I hope. ^_^

It's Bonk_The_Habbie now anyways for BTH. :lol:

good one!

GO :hlogo: GO!

man, 7 million for datsyuck??

Is ANY player worth 7 million nowadays? The only ones I can think of would be a proven consistent vet A-list goalie like Brodeur or Roy, and a like proven A-list vet dman who can log 25+ minutes a game like Pronger or Niewendyk. Maybe Crosby in 4-5 years if he's scoring 150 pts a year.

Now with the salary cap, you really sacrifice a lot for pouring millions extra into signing a single 40-50 goal scorer and then being forced to put him on lines with AHL'ers, when you could get 3 30 goal scorers for the same price. Throwing 7 mill contracts for marginally better players is really pre-cap, and GM's who do that are suckers. I think the habs and gainey are really on the right track in this regards.

Is ANY player worth 7 million nowadays? The only ones I can think of would be a proven consistent vet A-list goalie like Brodeur or Roy, and a like proven A-list vet dman who can log 25+ minutes a game like Pronger or Niewendyk. Maybe Crosby in 4-5 years if he's scoring 150 pts a year.

:?-