• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

traded for a 5th round pick

On the road again

for a 5th round pick in 2008??!! LOL !! this is a joke :lol:

oops forgot about the deadline thread.

to mods: please transfer or delete my post.

Edited by marky_and_komi

well, if the BJ only wanted to make cap room, good move...

Not really making cap room he was a UFA this summer.

The owner will save a bit but thats all.

Edited by JMMR

Not really making cap room he was a UFA this summer.

The owner will save a bit but thats all.

true

Eric Brewer signed a deal with the Blues. 4 years evaluated at 17 millions.

Many Legace signed there too.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/224020.html

Would have been a huge target for Gainey this summer.

Good for the Blues, but could be bad for the Habs as Brewer got more money than most believed he would.

Hopefully Markov signs soon.

he won't be signing till after the season... gainey won't be negotiating till then...

by the way, jmmr, who's the guy in the middle of your signature photo? is that you?

GO :hlogo: GO!

Atlanta trades Braydon Coburn to Philly for Zhitnik

Good trade I suppose. For now it looks great for the Flyers. ^_^

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197501&hubname=nhl

Tampa gives a 1st rounder to Anaheim for Shane O'Brien. Wow... What's Feaster thinking? :blink:

Shane O'Brien isn't well known, but the kid has potential. He will be a top 4 dman for TB. It's not that bad of a trade really. Considering the luck TB is having with their 1st rounders lately, Feaster's getting a young guy to help now.

Geez,

Coburn is suppose to be a great young prospect.

Do you think the Islanders are kicking themselves for only getting Freddy Meyer for Zhitnik earlier this season.

If the market for experienced d-men is that high then I have no qualms trading Souray and Rivet.

Geez,

Coburn is suppose to be a great young prospect.

Do you think the Islanders are kicking themselves for only getting Freddy Meyer for Zhitnik earlier this season.

If the market for experienced d-men is that high then I have no qualms trading Souray and Rivet.

Yep. Coburn's a great young d-man. The Flyers are starting to stack up.

It's obvious Coburn hasn't lived up to expectations but should still become a pretty solid player for Philly. The Thrashers are however getting a guy who could REALLY help their blueline. This will take some of the load off Havelid and give the Thrashers a dimension they've been lacking back there. He's also under contract for next season so he's not a rental. You guys are making it sound like the Thrashers traded away Erik Johnson. :lol:

It's obvious Coburn hasn't lived up to expectations but should still become a pretty solid player for Philly. The Thrashers are however getting a guy who could REALLY help their blueline. This will take some of the load off Havelid and give the Thrashers a dimension they've been lacking back there. He's also under contract for next season so he's not a rental. You guys are making it sound like the Thrashers traded away Erik Johnson. :lol:

As a prospect, he was close to that level. He's only in his 2nd NHL season, the Thrashers gave up far too early on him. And Zhitnik isn't worth giving up Coburn for. Even in his prime, Zhitnik isn't worth Coburn.

What a god awful trade. I'd be livid if I were a Thrashers fan.

As a prospect, he was close to that level. He's only in his 2nd NHL season, the Thrashers gave up far too early on him. And Zhitnik isn't worth giving up Coburn for. Even in his prime, Zhitnik isn't worth Coburn.

What a god awful trade. I'd be livid if I were a Thrashers fan.

Whoa, wait a minute! Atlanta has fans?! :blink: