Who Should the Habs Trade For?

Easy Ryder

How about Hamel?

This guy never got a real chance to prove himself and he is a proven scorer in the profesional.

How many guys in Montreal organization scored 50 goals in the AHL and Juniors ? None.

56 goals last year in the AHL.

The only one who reached 50 in Junior is Ryder.

He would agree to take whatever role the coach give him.

But i would see him on the left side of the secound line instead of Latendresse who would take a more physical role until the end of the season in a line with Bégin and Lapierre.

He would do no worse than our forwards in the two first lines right now.

Edit: I went ahead and changed the title so we can consolidate future possible threads, so we don't have a hundred "Habs should trade for so-and-so threads.

Edited by Fanpuck33

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although not a trade the Habs should seriously look at a Wolves Dman......

D'Aversa is an OA; and hasn't been drafted. He's had a couple invites to rookie camps, Columbus last year but hasn't been signed by anyone yet.

Consider he's currently 3rd in scoring for the Wolves 52GP 12G 38A 50Pts and a plus 16 He's been an OHL All-Star the last 2 years and improved every year here (both points and overall play)

He's got more points than Staal (NYR pick) yet hasn't even got a good look from many teams...he could be a good solid 2nd or 3rd paring on an NHL team

Anyone got Bob's cell #..... :)

Edited by kenadian

Hamel reminds of Jason Ward for some reason. Either way, Habs need a good shake up (in any form) and I don't think Hamel will do that.

Keep in mind, Hamel was given plenty of chances in Ottawa. Murray bounced him all over the place in the line up.

Younger, bigger and faster players with good work ethic. The Habs current roster can net us a few younger players. Ryder, Rivet, Souray, Bouillon i wish kovalev could all go.

A high priced UFA center would hit the spot as well.

Prediction...the Habs will claim Denis Hamel off waivers and demote Murray to Hamilton.

Hamel may not be as strong as Murray but any guy that can play on the 4th line and only have 5 minior penalties in 43 games is good in my books.

If you're talking about making a deal within the next couple of days, then I would love to see the Habs get Derek Morris from Phoenix. He brings a physical presence that is sorely lacking on the blueline. A cheaper alternative might be Eric Brewer from St. Louis. Same type of game.

I just think that we have to change the spirit.

And i want some players from Quebec to give back the home feeling??(sentiment d'apparrtenance) to this team.

I would have loved a guy like Ian Laperrière if Avs go down go after him. HAmel, Gauthier in Philly.

I just think that we have to change the spirit.

And i want some players from Quebec to give back the home feeling??(sentiment d'apparrtenance) to this team.

I would have loved a guy like Ian Laperrière if Avs go down go after him. HAmel, Gauthier in Philly.

we do have to change the spirit, but that happens both by bringing in new key guys (not just fourth liners and fillers) and the coaching staff changing the spirit. I fear that if we bring in new peripheral guys, nothing will really change. this is a coaching thing first, and a management thing second, in my opinion.

What we need are players who are willing to pay the price to win battles on the boards. We have lots of skill - probably more than most teams - we just can't use that skill because we don't have the players who can get the puck and pay the price.

SOMEONE WHO CAN SCORE ON A NIGHTLY BASIS..............

A true sniper, who can go out every night and contribute, lots of other teams have those guys. Guys who are hard to defend against, and no matter who you play them against they still get on the scoresheet!

Sammy Salo is UFA and there's noise that the Canucks might be shopping him.

Could be a good Souray substitute and would certainly improve our blueline. A trade involving him and Souray would move Souray closer to his daughter, too.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Sammy Salo is UFA and there's noise that the Canucks might be shopping him.

Could be a good Souray substitute and would certainly improve our blueline. A trade involving him and Souray would move Souray closer to his daughter, too.

Maybe if we got another prospect or a low draft choice too. Souray Vs Salo straight up is bad for us.

Maybe if we got another prospect or a low draft choice too. Souray Vs Salo straight up is bad for us.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking straight up. The problem is figuring out who the Canuckleheads could throw in to make it worth our while. Morrison is the obvious candidate from Vancouver's perspective but I'm not sure he'd be an upgrade on Pleks. They have an interesting young defenceman called Edler, maybe get him tossed in? Kesler might be of interest if he weren't hurt. Pyatt? (DON'T say Bulis!!! :lol: )

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Maybe looking towards Edmonton for Lupul and either Horcoff or Stoll (the centre that Montreal needs.) Montreal could send Souray (who replaces Pronger) as well as maybe Ryder. Maybe some draft picks or something else to close out the deal.

Montreal could then target another defenceman, as well as free up money for signings next year ie., Markov, Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Komisarek, Aebischer, Kostitsyn, etc, etc.

Maybe looking towards Edmonton for Lupul and either Horcoff or Stoll (the centre that Montreal needs.) Montreal could send Souray (who replaces Pronger) as well as maybe Ryder. Maybe some draft picks or something else to close out the deal.

Montreal could then target another defenceman, as well as free up money for signings next year ie., Markov, Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Komisarek, Aebischer, Kostitsyn, etc, etc.

They won't trade Stoll unless they are really desparate

Should trade for any of the following 3 players

Forsberg number 1 on the wish list

Doan Number 2 on the list

Nagy number 3 on the list

Now what will the cost be for any of these guys who knows but it would be a major shake up for the team and a needed one at that.

Spector today is mentioning Horcoff but I think Gainey is trying to unload Sammy and Edmonton doesn't want him back........

Spector today is mentioning Horcoff but I think Gainey is trying to unload Sammy and Edmonton doesn't want him back........

Yeah, it's in today's article on the Gazette too: Canadiens unlikely to win Forsberg sweepstakes

Latest rumour: Sergei Samsonov back to Edmonton along with Craig Rivet. In return, the Canadiens would get centre Shawn Horcoff. The deal would address the Habs' need for a big centre, but it doesn't make any sense because Oilers coach Craig MacTavish and general manager Kevin Lowe said this week they weren't interested in bringing Samsonov back. They said they were grateful for Samsonov's contributions late last season, but they passed on re-signing him last summer because they weren't willing to pay him anywhere near the $7 million the Canadiens gave him on a two-year deal.

Yeah, it's in today's article on the Gazette too: Canadiens unlikely to win Forsberg sweepstakes

But what about eating part of his salary? That may seem embarassing, but on the other hand, it's only for one more season, and the need for a decent young centre is terribly pressing on our club. I'd at least try to tempt Edmonton with that possibility.

I read that Hickey tip about Horcoff ... dumbest reporting ever. Announces a new tip, and then admits it makes no sense. Why even report it? Does it make Hickey feel like he is in the know? Or did his editor demand a trade piece?

I think we need more than someone to hangout in front of the net ... but it would be nice to have. We really need that second center ... don't know why Grabs wasn't given more ice time to try to take that spot. We should have put Murray down a long time ago and gone for some balanced attack lines.

But if we are going to go for a high skilled attacker who hangs out infront of the net I sure hope it is Smith or Bertuzzi. Either one would be killer.

But, personally, I am praying to the hockey gods that we get Jokkinen (appologize to the purests if I spelled his name wrong).

But what about eating part of his salary? That may seem embarassing, but on the other hand, it's only for one more season, and the need for a decent young centre is terribly pressing on our club. I'd at least try to tempt Edmonton with that possibility.

Why do people still not understand that witht he salary cap there is no more eating of players salaries to get another team to take them. Its no longer an option.

I.

But, personally, I am praying to the hockey gods that we get Jokkinen (appologize to the purests if I spelled his name wrong).

Too much salary would have to be moved to try and fit his $5 Million salary into the Canadiens lineup

What I hope the Habs don't trade are the following players:

Ryder

Higgins

Plekanec

Markov

Souray

Komisarek

Johnson

Latendresse

The rest Are tradeable including Koivu Kovalev Rivet Dandenault Bouillon, the 2 goalies etc etc

Bonk is having a great year, but he is a free agent next year. So unless we think we will re-sign him he is tradeable.