Andrei Kostitsyn recalled

Athlétique.Canadien

Problem is with all the Hamilton guys doing so well, how do you open roster spots when the others come back (begin, kovalev). It would suck to see them shipped down just because even though they are playing well. I'd prefer to finally see Niinimaa, Downey and Murray disposed of.

I agree. If we play extended minutes with Downey/Murray/Ninimaa and just miss the playoffs we have learned absolutley nothing. But if we turn it over to the kids and they battle all the way to the stretch and go 13-8-1 and we just miss out at least we have the beacon of hope for next year and it creates salary cap flexibility if we go with our youth.

I want to know if Kosty can hang in the NHL, I want to know if Milroy is just another AHL journeyman or if he can produce in the show, I want to know if telling Abby to hit the road will leave us with a kid backing up Huet that is capable...etc etc etc.

The youth movement that we have been waiting for for 6 years is finally here. Let's see if it was worth the wait.

The all-rookie team. Yeah, lots of talent but few years away from competing with the best of them. Don't get too excited as the Habs are starting to look like a farm team. I like how they're going to look a year or two from now.

Hey, the 86 team had a bunch of late year callups (although they did have Roy), that ended up going far. If we can pickup a true front-line player for Souray, we can make a real push next year. I'm not holding my breath for this year, just because of the number of road games we have to win just to get INTO the playoffs.

We should find out tonight against one of the upper echelon teams, on how well this team can compete.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

The all-rookie team. Yeah, lots of talent but few years away from competing with the best of them. Don't get too excited as the Habs are starting to look like a farm team. I like how they're going to look a year or two from now.

Look at the New NHL. How many elite teams are there? If Montreal was in the Southeast they would be 2 points from 8th and 3 pts from 3rd. Take away New Jersey/Buffalo/Nashville/Anaheim/Detroit and what do you have?

Montreal is 7 PTS away from being 6th overall in the WHOLE ENTIRE LEAGUE!!!

Toronto is playing .650 Hockey with a lineup of:

Antropov/Ponikoravsky/Battaglia/Belak/Bell/Devereux/Green/Gill/Kilger/Newbury/O'Neil/Stajan/Pohl/White

Are Sundin/McCabe/Kaberle/Raycroft so good that they raise the level of those bums?

Why can't the Canadiens lineup of Kids work hard and play at the same level?

Parity rules the NHL right now. Once the train gets rolling you never know. Boston is playing great hockey right now without Bergeron and Murray and journeyman Tim Thomas standing on his head.

If you work hard you have a chance. And the kids are working hard.

Anything can happen. The old lineup was not working, so why not give these young impressionable kids that will do anything to stay iin the NHL a chance? Are they a couple of years away? Maybe. But I have enjoyed watching the fire they bring to the ice. At least I know they are trying every single shift.