Wow

rafikz

Wow, I've never seen a goalie fight with a position player. Ray Emery is a ridiculous. He's not only fighting Peters, but he's grinning the entire time!

Hahaha, Emery is krazy!!! I saw what you mean too, he's about to fight Biron and he just starts laughing and then I caught a clip via TSN that he actually takes down Biron... then Peters and Emery are at it and the grinning continues... though, I have to give Peters the edge (from what I saw) in the match.

Krazy game.

Don't see why Peters would go after Emery...goalies fight goalies...that's the rule.

Lindy Ruff is a bonafide IDIOT. He threw out every guy who could fight at once after that hit...he should be fined and suspended for that...

The hit was clean, no elbow despite what Ruff was complaining. Lindy Ruff instigated this entire ordeal.

Wow, I've never seen a goalie fight with a position player. Ray Emery is a ridiculous. He's not only fighting Peters, but he's grinning the entire time!

Last time i've seen something like that, i think it was Hextall VS Chelios.

Don't see why Peters would go after Emery...goalies fight goalies...that's the rule.

Lindy Ruff is a bonafide IDIOT. He threw out every guy who could fight at once after that hit...he should be fined and suspended for that...

The hit was clean, no elbow despite what Ruff was complaining. Lindy Ruff instigated this entire ordeal

What ?? Ruff is the idiot and Murray the angel.

The same Murray that sends his goons to injure the other team best player with the cheapiest way possible. Did you ever seen Neil go low at Kovalev knees, do you think it's his initiative. I just wished that Ruff could have reached Murray and screw up red neck face.

Lindy Ruff and Buffalo are playing in your face hockey, and they are the most exciting team to watch in the Eastern Conference.

Murray has never past the second round of playoff in his whole career.

Murray is the idiot, remember that when one of his goon will try to injure one of the habs player.

Last time i've seen something like that, i think it was Hextall VS Chelios.

Yep, you're right. Seeing those names reminds of that video clip.

I totally applaud what Ruff did. The hit was not clean. It was like so many hits that Scott Stevens got away with: hits that would be totally clean if the guy actually had the puck. When the other team knocks out your best player, you stand up for him. Murray was an idiot for sending a skill line out after that. When you knock out a team's top player, you always should be expecting retaliation.

If someone took out Koivu with a late hit like that, I would darn sure expect Carbo to send out the guys who can stand up for him.

I am eternally grateful that the broadcast of the Ottawa@Buffalo game i got to see wasn't the Sabres broadcast. That guy Jeanaret (sp?) is the reason why God invented throat cancer.

I have never been a big fan of Lindy Ruff, and he was clearly wrong about there being an elbow, and I am of the opinion that the way he behaved should be looked into by the league. But I do agree that the hit was dirty. Neil blindsided Drury and it resulted in blodshed. Much like Briere I too think the NHL needs to change the rules concerning hits like those. There have been far too many players go down because of technically legal hits this season.

How can it possibly be right that a player gets an automatic penelty if his stick completely accidentally hits an opponent in the face, yet you can practically run a defenseless unsuspecting player over and knock him out cold, giving him a concussion or cuts resulting in massive blood loss, without even getting as much as 2 minutes? That makes zero sense to me.

How can it possible be logical that someone should have to pay a price as high as that for not being a 100% aware of what's going on around him at all times?

1. Neil's hit was a typical "clean" hit. It's just like so many that Stevens became famous for. Hitting a guy after he gets rid of the puck and isn't looking for contact, since he no longer has the puck. In my opinion you should be penalized for hitting a guy without the puck, unless you can't avoid the hit. (Similar to roughing the passer in football, though the NFL takes protection to an extreme.)

2. Drury is as much at fault as Neil. You can't just watch your shot and put your head down and assume nobody is gonna hit you. He's also an example of why people are idiots for not tightening their helmet strap correctly.

3. I applaud Ruff for sending the message that you don't mess with his best players. This is what fighting in the NHL is for. When people mess with you, you retaliate and stand up for your teammates. I laugh at Murray for being dumb enough to send on a talent line after that hit.

Yeah, I agree with that last point, what was Murray expecting, an invitation to afternoon tea from Peters? :rolleyes:

That doesn't give Ruff's goons the right to go after guys like Spezza or Heatley though. It was Neil who hit their guy, not Heatley.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Yeah, I agree with that last point, what was Murray expecting, an invitation to afternoon tea from Peters? :rolleyes:

That doesn't give Ruff's goons the right to go after guys like Spezza or Heatley though. It was Neil who hit their guy, not Heatley.

The message was : hit Peters and we'll hit Neil, hit Drury, then we'll hit Heatley...

What ?? Ruff is the idiot and Murray the angel.

The same Murray that sends his goons to injure the other team best player with the cheapiest way possible. Did you ever seen Neil go low at Kovalev knees, do you think it's his initiative. I just wished that Ruff could have reached Murray and screw up red neck face.

Lindy Ruff and Buffalo are playing in your face hockey, and they are the most exciting team to watch in the Eastern Conference.

Murray has never past the second round of playoff in his whole career.

Murray is the idiot, remember that when one of his goon will try to injure one of the habs player.

I was thinking the same thing? Lindy Ruff and Bryan Murray, who do you root against?

What really got me was the homer on Sportsnet, Dean McDonald. He's revelling in the fact that Emery took Biron down, but then when Peters steps in, all of a sudden he wants someone to come in and stick up for Emery. I couldn't believe my ears. And as anyone can see on the video, Peters didn't jump him from behind or sucker punch him. He grabbed him face-to-face and Emery was as willing as Peters was, certainly more willing than Biron was.