Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Thrashers d'Atlanta | 03/08/07

Spider-Man NL

Please tell me theyre is some kind of mercy rule.. it could go in the double digits if it keep up like this

Nah, light it up and hopefully some players cut themselves shaving. Maybe they'll have sour milk in their cereal. I hope the utter stench does the job because the playoff run is running on fumes now.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only bright spot for me is that i have Hossa and Kozlov in the pool.

I have to believe that something is wrong in the room. This is one of the worst collapses I have ever seen. This is not a .300 hockey team. And after all the talk this week they lay an egg in a must win game?

I imagine the truth will come out in the offseason.

After Abby dropped the ball, it is way to much to expect Halak to be able to take us to the playoffs. I will not give up hope until they are mathematically eliminated. But it does not look good!

I gave up hope in February, so you're a hardier soul than I.

But I agree that something is profoundly wrong. You know what this reminds me of? The 1992 end-of-season/playoffs. That team, nominally Cup contenders, completely stunk out the joint and got swept by the Bruins after barely squeaking by the dismal Hartford. It was a total collapse - every player looked just lost at sea, passes were bungled, easy plays garbled, lacklustre across the board.

Kinda like this. But because this team is much worse, so is this collapse.

Poor Gainey.

Gui, Gui, Gui!!!

atleast it ain't a shut out...

oh shit! I have Lehtonen in my pool!! A shutout would have probably sealed first place for me! :(

I don't even know what to say....but those that want the whole thing blown up...including BG and the coaches...you're not out of line for suggesting it.

Failures at every level, from the GM to the fourth liners and everyone in between. Hell, even the towel boy isn't off the hook...probably isn't folding them right or something, because I find it hard to believe that anyone in the Canadiens organization is doing a good job at this point in time.

ouchhh

Maybe a good old blowout is what we need to get going? (or maybe ANOTHER one after that Ottawa game a while back...)

Its almost, just almost becoming comedy. More like a really dark comedy like Cable Guy though.

Please tell me this is rock bottom...

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

I don't even know what to say....but those that want the whole thing blown up...including BG and the coaches...you're not out of line for suggesting it.

Failures at every level, from the GM to the fourth liners and everyone in between. Hell, even the towel boy isn't off the hook...probably isn't folding them right or something, because I find it hard to believe that anyone in the Canadiens organization is doing a good job at this point in time.

If Carbonneau's name was John Lewis his ass would have been fired a long time ago!

I gave up hope in February, so you're a hardier soul than I.

But I agree that something is profoundly wrong. You know what this reminds me of? The 1992 end-of-season/playoffs. That team, nominally Cup contenders, completely stunk out the joint and got swept by the Bruins after barely squeaking by the dismal Hartford. It was a total collapse - every player looked just lost at sea, passes were bungled, easy plays garbled, lacklustre across the board.

Kinda like this. But because this team is much worse, so is this collapse.

Poor Gainey.

Je me souviens. I hadn't thought of that comparison but you nailed it.

Whew I am sure glad we kept Souray :D

if souray isn't signed bob should lose his job. plan and simple.

i can't see how anyone can disagree with that.

the joys of armchair gm'ing, coaching, etc...

safe criticism and extolling of the 'truth' of the situation, the 'way' to the solution and the 'light' in the darkness to lead the blind... ^_^

GO :hlogo: GO!

If Carbonneau's name was John Lewis his ass would have been fired a long time ago!

I seriously doubt that. Besides, it's Gainey who decides whether to fire him and Gainey's an anglophone.

Je me souviens. I hadn't thought of that comparison but you nailed it.

I would take a second round collapse in a heartbeat right now!

I hate to say this but I told you so....Carbo can't even hold Julien's clipboard. Why is he not fired...Christ he'll put us in the same position next year. Carbo's got to go!! Carbo's got to go!! Carbo's got to go!!

I seriously doubt that. Besides, it's Gainey who decides whether to fire him and Gainey's an anglophone.

They are good friends and was hand picked by Gainey. It has nothing to do with him being French or English.

WTF is with the English/French BS??

This make me want to go cheer for Pittsburgh or another team which players actually give a ****

The way this team has gone so fast from greatness to utter suckiness is an insult to the fans

They are good friends and was hand picked by Gainey. It has nothing to do with him being French or English.

WTF is with the English/French BS??

I thought by John Lewis, you meant, "if Carbo were an anglophone..."

Gainey has faith in Carbo and I have fath in Gainey. Therefore, I have faith in Carbo.

You really think Bob Gainey gives a hoot whether the media gets a french coach or not?

WTF is with this being a FRENCH/ENGLISH thing? And you guys blame the French media?

Would you jump to the same conclusion if I said if his name was Larry Robinson he would have been fired?

You believe he is worth 5 million eh?

I sure as hell don't.

nope not 5 million... he ain't nowhere near the top D in the game I don't care what his offensive stats say.

he's a force on the powerplay... liability on the backend.

i find it hard to imagine he will replicate the kind of year he has stats wise.

i wish he would have been traded for prospects.

jaro the hero... lmao

Edited by newf

I thought by John Lewis, you meant, "if Carbo were an anglophone..."

Gainey has faith in Carbo and I have fath in Gainey. Therefore, I have faith in Carbo.

Just meant a generic name. Somebody with no emotional attachment by us, media or Management

You believe he is worth 5 million eh?

I sure as hell don't.

Of course, he's not. But if you want to get quality players you have to overpay for them. Otherwise you've got a team full of fourth liners - but hey, they'll be cheap, fourth liners!