Huet for Friday?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. Huet is ready? AWESOME. And, I say it with no offence to the kid. Talk about a strong Jack for Les Canadien to have in their card deck. If we make it it's because Halak had much to do with it.

As for Huet and Halak, that's a tough question. Goalie contraversy anyone?

We could go with Abby :P

Remember, the last time Halak won his first 3 or 4 games, then the magic ran out and he lost the next 4. I think Carbo is probably watching both in practice pretty closely and whichever looks more ready will get the nod. Based on the last game, Guy may think Jaro is due for a rest. Not very bleeping often you win a game in the NHL giving up 4 goals.

Remember, the last time Halak won his first 3 or 4 games, then the magic ran out and he lost the next 4. I think Carbo is probably watching both in practice pretty closely and whichever looks more ready will get the nod. Based on the last game, Guy may think Jaro is due for a rest. Not very bleeping often you win a game in the NHL giving up 4 goals.

Despite the 4 goal against, Halak received the third star of the game.......I wonder sometime if you actually watch games or just read the scoresheets,....I remember you bringing up an irrelevant minus 3 to Kovalev in a game where he was not even remotly associate with the goals scored against us in that game........or your

using of innacurate stats related to Kostitsyn '' seasons '' played in Russia in order to make a point.

For me to know that Huet has recover from surgery is fantastic but I suspect that he is not in, what hochey

people call '' game shaped '',.......so althought Halak could eventually fail its not impossible to think that he could also performed on even a higher level than he has thus far........Halak is an adventure.......all we know for shure is that he saved us from falling with Aebisher and that he brought in some confidence to the players playing in front of him and helped us win the 5 game in a row that we needed to win......that's big and for that alone I think that Carbo will go with Halak until we lose a game.

I don't see Huet getting another start until...

- Halak gets chased

- We play a weak team

- We are comfortably in a playoff spot and the points are irrelevant.

Huet is definitly our #1 but his shape is in question and against Buffalo and Ottawa we can't risk a goalie going in cold.

- Halak gets chased

- We play a weak team

Huet is definitly our #1 but his shape is in question and against Buffalo and Ottawa we can't risk a goalie going in cold.

Good points. Not to mention that the team is playing with confidence in front of Halak and you don't mess with that chemistry until you have to. Why in the world would Carbo et al rush Huet back from injury with the team on a winning streak :rolleyes: ?

- Halak gets chased

- We play a weak team

you're one sharp marble there...

agreed in all points.. nothing to be gained by rushing huet especially if halak's holding the fort with success...

GO :hlogo: GO!

At the most one of the 2 games - not a smart move to play him in both ends of a tough back to back series when he's just coming off an injury of any sort, let alone this one.

Realistically the only way that happens is if they are absolutely forced too?

100% agree with this.

and i hope so, really... both that he plays well and that he plays both games...

most of all to play well but also, to give huet time to get ready... don't want to rush him...

I was also thinking though that if it looks like Halak is starting to struggle Carbo should not be scared to put Huet in (If he actually thinks he can play).

In these types of games the Habs cannot afford to go to by 4 or 5 goals. If Halak lets in 3 shaky goals (knock on wood) Huet should be put in.

I don't want to think about these things, but I do think that Carbo needs to be decisive if he needs to be and maybe make a bold switch in goal if Halak starts showing his nerves, keep in mind he is still young and there is so much pressure on him.

Edited by Habsfan24

Halak is playing better now then Huet was just before his injury. Given our momemtum and the fact that Huet is rusty we'll see Halak until he has a bad game or the playoffs start.

After posting the above I saw that my brilliant and insightful analysis has been confirmed by Carbo.

Edited by Peter Puck

If Huet is back and has a green light from the doctors, and if we are in the playoffs without a chance of getting in trouble and if halak is in form or not Huet should get at least one start to give him some real game action. I'd rather go into the second season with a hot rookie and my number one goalie in game shape.

GO HABS GO!

Halak is in for Ottawa and Huet gets Buffalo. Good idea Carbo. If Huet is ready to go he must play. As much as I like Halak we cannot afford to have only one goalie to go to. Abby's OK but we won't get in to the playoffs with him. Huet is needed.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I'm sure Halak will be between the pipes for tomorrow's game against the sens but im also positive Huet will be makin a start against the Sabres

GO HABS GOOO!!

I'm sure Halak will be between the pipes for tomorrow's game against the sens but im also positive Huet will be makin a start against the Sabres

GO HABS GOOO!!

i doubt it... as it's been stated before, why fix something if it's not broken?