Anaheim Ducks Win The 2007 Stanley Cup

The Canucks were clearly fatigued for the first game, I am sure the Ducks will see a much tougher team for game 2. That said the Nucks have about a 2 in 7 shot of winning the series now.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see the habs doing it either. Especially when 2nd liners are on the first line.

:blink:

Are you kidding me?

You never know. B)

Yea, I know the Habs are pretty deep. :lol: We've got some promising kids though that most people don't even know about. I'll say one and let you find out about the other two. Mason Raymond. :)

Anyways, you're going to have plenty of nightmares soon enough. In reality and your dreams. :ninja:

Could you define "soon" for me? Last time I checked, fifty years isn't soon. :P

The Canucks were clearly fatigued for the first game, I am sure the Ducks will see a much tougher team for game 2. That said the Nucks have about a 2 in 7 shot of winning the series now.

Yeah, but also expect the Ducks to play better in game two as well. They were just getting warmed up tonight. B)

:blink:

Are you kidding me?

Could you define "soon" for me? Last time I checked, fifty years isn't soon. :P

Yeah, but also expect the Ducks to play better in game two as well. They were just getting warmed up tonight. B)

Come on as much as we all like Saku he's a 2nd line player on any other team with any sort of offense.

Come on as much as we all like Saku he's a 2nd line player on any other team with any sort of offense.

That is just not true he would be the top centre on at least 1 3rd of the NHL teams and you could argue half of them.

That is just not true he would be the top centre on at least 1 3rd of the NHL teams and you could argue half of them.

Well Habs fans want to be a playoff team look at all the playoff teams this year. I don't see any team with maybe the exception of the Islanders where he would be a #1 line.

You must compare to the playoff teams not the second tier teams. This isn't Saint Louis. He doesn't have number 1 line numbers. And his wingers are washed up at best and are true #2 guys now.

Habs don't have that super offensive centre. I'm talking 80+ points. That's what it takes to be a good playoff team.

I've ranted about how this is a joke series. Canucks are dead. Blah blah. Remember the rule of hockey is anything can happen. I admire CS's faith.

It's not good though.

It's only 1-0. If the Canucks steal home ice advantage it's all new.

It cannot go 2-0 in the series

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

First off, don't knock Saku. I'll agree, he's no superstar like Sakic, but he's definitely a solid 1st liner. He was 20th among all centres in terms of points.

And secondly, you really need to check out some of our young guys. We have quite a few bluechippers in our system.

Well Habs fans want to be a playoff team look at all the playoff teams this year. I don't see any team with maybe the exception of the Islanders where he would be a #1 line.

You must compare to the playoff teams not the second tier teams. This isn't Saint Louis. He doesn't have number 1 line numbers. And his wingers are washed up at best and are true #2 guys now.

Habs don't have that super offensive centre. I'm talking 80+ points. That's what it takes to be a good playoff team.

Your telling me he would not be the #1 Centre on the Ducks, Thrashers, Flames, Wild?

You said the Islanders and you could debate the Rangers.

That is 6 of the 16 playoff teams.

Your telling me he would not be the #1 Centre on the Ducks, Thrashers, Flames, Wild?

I don't know where the Wild are playing him but I'd take Demitra over Koivu.

Dallas and Nashville too. Arguably Vancouver and maybe even New Jersey (Gomez is their #1, right?).

First off, don't knock Saku. I'll agree, he's no superstar like Sakic, but he's definitely a solid 1st liner. He was 20th among all centres in terms of points.

And secondly, you really need to check out some of our young guys. We have quite a few bluechippers in our system.

you just proved my point. 20th. Now lets say every centreman above him are first liners. There are what 30 teams in this league? 20th out of 30 is not very good.

We have quite a few bluechippers in our system.

Yeah but the Canucks are in the quest for the cup, we on the other hand are after a Calder Cup, so Vancouver wins the war of words.

Having nice young gems is awesome though. :D

What's all this 1st line Saku stuff on other clubs? It's apples versus oranges. Saku is a leader. He might be considered a 2nd liner in peoples thinking or his being a leader might propel him from line 2 to line 1 on other clubs. It's academic bullsh....

Demitra is a right winger.

Ah. He was always C in St.Louis since I remember him and Sakic going head to head. Played C in LA too last season, I believe.

I'd still rather have him as my #1 C over Koivu.

faerie, you'd take him over Modano? I mean, I know he's kind of fallen off lately but he can still play. Same with Nashville and Foppa.

I would rather have Forsberg and Modano well I would not trade Koivu for them becuase of age and what he means to the team but they are better centres. All three have bad injury history though.

Playoff teams Centres

Pit- Crosby

SJ- Thorton

TB- Lecavalier

BUF- Briere

OT- Spezza

Det- Datsyuk

NYR- Nylander

Van- Sedin

SJ- Marleau

ANA- McDonald

CAL-Langkow

All in the Playoffs all higher the Saku in points for the year.

And Straka for the Rangers was only 5 points behind Saku so that's two NYR

On the playoff teams he's a number 2, sorry

you just proved my point. 20th. Now lets say every centreman above him are first liners. There are what 30 teams in this league? 20th out of 30 is not very good.

As I said before, he's not an elite player, but he's still worthy of being a number one player. And besides, stats don't always tell the whole story.

faerie, you'd take him over Modano? I mean, I know he's kind of fallen off lately but he can still play. Same with Nashville and Foppa.

It'd be a bit of a toss up between Modano and Koivu, but I'd go with Koivu because he's younger.

As for Foppa, I completely forgot about him being in Nashville. :lol:

Playoff teams Centres

Pit- Crosby

SJ- Thorton

TB- Lecavalier

BUF- Briere

OT- Spezza

Det- Datsyuk

NYR- Nylander

Van- Sedin

SJ- Marleau

ANA- McDonald

CAL-Langkow

All in the Playoffs all higher the Saku in points for the year.

And Straka for the Rangers was only 5 points behind Saku so that's two NYR

On the playoff teams he's a number 2, sorry

Where are the other six playoff teams?

And I would take Koivu over Langkow, McDonald, Nylander and possibly Sedin.

I'd take Koivu over Langkow easily. He's not that good, he just benefited from having Tanguay and Iginla as his wingers.

Nylander and McDonald too, although I'd shift McDonald to the wing and ice McDonald-Koivu-Selanne. B)

koivu would score so man points with Selanne it would make mcdonalds head spin. Selanne might possibly score 76 goals againg :)

I know, those two are dynamite together. If you gave the Habs Selanne I bet all the bitching about not having a number one centre would cease to exist.

I know, those two are dynamite together. If you gave the Habs Selanne I bet all the bitching about not having a number one centre would cease to exist.

Oh for sure just look at Selannes stats with and without Koivu in international events.

I can guarentee very soon. That's how confident I am.

First, on the Ducks, yea they were warming up, but we weren't even warm at all really after the first 8 minutes. This is not over till it's over. We were thrashed 6-0 in game 1 at home in 2003 and came back to win. Here's hoping something similar happens. :o

As for our prospects, Burke screwed up our prospect base basically. You know how he likes to trade everything away. :lol: Since 2004, Nonis has actually turned our prospect base around and this has probably been the best group we've had in history. In goal we have Cory Schneider who looks lik he has the potential to be a franchise goalie. Drew MacIntyre and Julien Ellis give us a lot of depth. Not counting Vincent because I think he's a bust.

On defence we have Luc Bourdon obviously. You saw Alex Edler last night and he's going to be more awesome when Vigneault gives him increased icetime. :D Kirill Koltsov is supposed to be coming next season and he's one of the top d-men in the RSL. Daniel Rahimi is our other mystery Swedish dman that no one really knows about. Rahimi is a tough as nails stay at home type. Props to Gradin on finding those two.

Up front is obviously the weakness however we do have Michael Grabner, Mason Raymond, Jannik Hansen and Juraj Simek. You've had glimpses of Hansen. Raymond is dominating with his speed for the Moose right now. Grabner is a sniper who Nazzy said in training camp this year, he compares him to Havlat. Simek is the wildcard as he came to camp and was impressive. Even moreso than Grabner. If he hadn't got injured, his offensive skills alone might have made a strong case for him making the team. Defensive side needs some work still though.

Not one of the best prospect groups, but a few impressive ones in the mix who could be key players for us soon. Nonis has stated that he's focussing on the center position this draft and we have two picks in the top 35. I think we have #46 as well. You've just had a Canucks prospect update. Couldn't resist.:rolleyes: