Anaheim Ducks Win The 2007 Stanley Cup

This game has sucked. The penalty calls turned this into a joke. Can they give Vancouver any more free power plays? Can they destroy the momentum some more...

Not sure I care who wins, but the reffing ruined this game.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh well... Couldn't get them all right afterall, haha.

Goaltender has been Vancouver's biggest problem for ages... they finally have a winner between the pipes. Congrats to the 'Nucks!

Well, Dallas got screwed by the reffing in this one. Were playing well, then suddenly it was a parade to the penalty bench, destroying any game plan they might have had.

Sad thing is that I was pulling for Vancouver, but the reffing just spoiled it for me.

Oh and for the record, I am still disappointed the Habs couldn't get Luongo. Huet is good, but Luongo (like Roy, Brodeur) is incredible.

I don't care if you people thought the reffing ruined the game. Some were so so but the shift in play was due to the pressure the Canucks were putting on the Stars! This is one of the best moments I've been able to witness as a Canuck fan and I'm going to savour every single bit of it! GREAT GAME NUCKS! I almost guessed the score right. Said 3-1, I didn't predict a second empty netter. :lol:

Here's hoping Cookie's back and Salo isn't hurt and take on the Ducks!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!! :king:

:clap:

You know.... the Nagy hit on Morrison from behind and the tripping of Salo were both dangerous plays and neither one was called. The refs didn't call this in Van's favours. Considering this organizations luck, I'll take this win tonight with no regrets. Anything from now on will be gravy to me as I just wanted this team to win one series....but here's hoping for another! :clap:

Awesome goaltending ! I don't think the refs decided the game. They were pretty impressive in general. The game was decided by the posts!

Notice how on all goals scored tonight, the puck touched the post but got in.

And Modano could have tied it, but his shot went... directly on the post.

Fantastico, although I was annoyed by the Nasland this player to the box and this and that player to the box for Dallas. Annoying. NHL, please let them play or don't let them, and in such a pivotal game :?- It tarnishes it in a way IMO. I agree with Cherry on this.

Luongo gets medals for his stop on Barnes. That was the series save.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

luisticknu4.jpg

That picture is going down as one of the best in Canuck history. :clap:

Still best series of the first round by far.

:blink:

I'd say it may have been the most boring series to watch in the whole first round.

:blink:

I'd say it may have been the most boring series to watch in the whole first round.

Dallas has a system that is probably the most stingiest in the league. Even moreso than Minny. Obviously when you have Vancouver and Dallas face each other, what do you think will happen? They are going to completely shut the door on each other.

For the Nucks, they don't have to play a team that plays a system very similar to them now. What is probably going to be a huge difference in this series vs the Ducks is there won't be a Turco constantly shooting the puck up ice and intercepting the Canucks dump-ins. The Ducks system doesn't go defense first and that should help the Nucks.

The major part is the Canucks are being completely written off against the Ducks. This season is already considered a success. A rebuilding year in which we made the playoffs, won the division title and won a playoff series. All the pressure is on the Ducks. If Bieksa doesn't sit out and Cookie comes back soon, that will help but who knows for sure on this series. B)

The officiating last night was terrible for both teams. Minor stuff was being called, but never the really serious ones.

Anyways, I'm kind of happy Dallas lost because now the Finns have more NHLers for the WC. B)

Round Two Predictions:

West:

#1 Detroit vs. #5 San Jose - Detroit in 6.

#2 Anaheim vs. #3 Vancouver - Anaheim in 4.

East:

#1 Buffalo vs. #6 New York - Buffalo in 5.

#2 New Jersey vs. #4 Ottawa - New Jersey in 5.

#1 Detroit vs. #5 San Jose - Detroit in 6

I wouldn't underestimate Lundqvist. I'm not saying that the Rangers are going to win but the goalie is worthy of a mention IMO. I'm still predicting Buffalo out of the east but...

...we'll see.

New Jersey will probably get them but Emery has been solid all season and he brought that level to the Pens. Tough call for me. Also, I'm not sold on Lamorello :blink::angry: :?-

Start praying to your Hockey Gods Canucks fans. Luongo must elevate his game. His numbers are awesome but regarding Lundqvist's goal last night; shots that are as dangerous are going to rise-badly. More goals needed for sure. Anaheim is just mean. I hope Vancouver wins because Burke deserves to have the loss thrown in his egotistical face. After that nonsense with Gainey regarding Rivet and Gorges I... :angry:

I agree on Detroit. I lack faith with the Sharks. I just don't see it. If they do win against the Wings I can't see how they make the SC final.

The officiating last night was terrible for both teams. Minor stuff was being called, but never the really serious ones.

Anyways, I'm kind of happy Dallas lost because now the Finns have more NHLers for the WC. B)

Round Two Predictions:

West:

East:

:lol:

YOU WISH! Nice try on saying you're happy Dallas lost! :lol:

Round Two Predictions:

West:

East:

Detroit !!??

I think the sharks will give them a kick in the ass..in 5

luongo will steal one, max...anaheim in 5

buffalo in 6

ottawa in 5 (if emery's healthy)

I posted my picks on my blog (you can click the link in my signature to get there).

They'll also be up on the HabsWorld frontpage sometime tomorrow, just awaiting my fellow collab's to get back to me with their choices. :D

Go Sharks Go!

I posted my picks on my blog (you can click the link in my signature to get there).

They'll also be up on the HabsWorld frontpage sometime tomorrow, just awaiting my fellow collab's to get back to me with their choices. :D

Go Sharks Go!

Maca you're the king. I think I'll just copy/paste your predictions :D

:king: = maca

Maca you're the king. I think I'll just copy/paste your predictions :D

:king: = maca

Maca got lucky....

FLUKE! ^_^

The Canucks proved he was wrong! :clap: