Anaheim Ducks Win The 2007 Stanley Cup

Pssh. It's easy to argue when you say stuff on YIM and change it when everyone else is looking. You said the Nucks have four top pairing d-men in Bieksa, Salo, Ohlund and Mitchell. You even once told me Ohlund was a top 10 d-man in the NHL (before the season). You also believe the Nucks have good scoring depth which is ridiculous. :P

Why are you making up crap? We have a lot of guys who can step in and produce, however they aren't top quality. I was arguing to you that they have the offence and was defending the team for you basing our offence on the Dallas series. If you watched the game last night, you'd see how many chances the Nucks were able to generate but weren't able to finish. I'm not lying on us having 4 top pairing types. They can all play huge minutes and are as reliable as they come. They aren't Lidstroms or Prongers or Niedermayers but they all are steady.

Ohlund has had a pretty solid season for generating offense but he hasn't been as dominating defensively. That mostly has to do with the aquisition of Mitchell and of course Bieksa. Those two are our shutdown guys. Last year, Ohlund was that guy and he's shut down guys like Iginla and more impressively in our eastern road trip last year, Jagr, the red hot Sens line of Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson and whatever else was over there. Not allowing the oppositions top socrers in each game score aginst us.

I was making references to how our offence has ranked against the rest during the last 4 months of the season. I didn't change ANYTHING. Get your facts straight.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe people are going after the Canucks. You know the saying. One team didn't show up in the season and isn't in the playoffs so you don't have room to talk so to speak.

No matter what our teams did in the regular season, we're all allowed to have the opinion that Anaheim is a far superior club then Vancouver and it will show in the series.

Our teams results is totally irrelevant. I hate that argument. That means I'm not allowed to have a single opinion on the playoffs because the Avs didn't make it.

No matter what our teams did in the regular season, we're all allowed to have the opinion that Anaheim is a far superior club then Vancouver and it will show in the series.

Our teams results is totally irrelevant. I hate that argument. That means I'm not allowed to have a single opinion on the playoffs because the Avs didn't make it.

Yes Anaheim is the better team but that's why we play the games so to speak.

Just to me this is devolving into a what if argument, which I find silly.

I can't believe people are going after the Canucks. You know the saying. One team didn't show up in the season and isn't in the playoffs so you don't have room to talk so to speak.

That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard. So as someone claiming to be a Habs fan, I guess that means you're not allowed to have an opinion either. Heck, 98% of the people on this forum aren't allowed to talk about the playoffs based on your reasoning.

PTG, just leave it before you say anything else that could be turned against you. ;)

Anaheim is a superior team but the only reason I'm making such a fuss about it is becuase I've read a few responses of our team based on a few outings and basically the Dallas series. I've watched this team play the Ducks this season. Bieksa was the X Factor in those games(He was our best dman in those games and it's obvious that his toughness makes him an imposing threat). The difference isn't as great as it's made out to be. Yes they're better... Yes our scoring isn't that great but after watching this team all season, I know they're capable of winning this series.

Here's hoping that the Canucks come out and play just like I know they can!

Just wondering... why would anybody root for the Devils?

anybody that doesn't like the sens would cheer for NJ. the problem is I don't like both teams !!

Ok, scratch what I said earlier. Looks like Salo will be the only one drawing back in tonight.

High Treason!

Aiding and abating the enemy!

And you should be talking? Last time I checked, cheering for Toronto is much worse than hoping Ottawa gets knocked out.

Err, what?

Yeah, I remember back in the day when I wasn't allowed to comment on the playoffs because the Habs didn't make it. Does that mean that teams who haven't won the Cup aren't allowed to talk about it?

Yes Anaheim is the better team but that's why we play the games so to speak.

Just to me this is devolving into a what if argument, which I find silly.

A what if argument?!? We were having a civil discussion about the Canucks and their strengths/weaknesses. The only time the Habs were brought up was when prospect systems were being compared.

Because Ottawa can burn in hell. :P

I'm rooting for the Devils because I don't like the Senators. I can't stand New Jersey's crappy fan support (75% attendance for a perrenial contender is pathetic), but the Senators are division rivals. Only time I'd ever root for a division rival in the playoffs is if they already beat the Habs, meaning the winner had to go through Montreal.

I'm rooting for the Devils because I don't like the Senators. I can't stand New Jersey's crappy fan support (75% attendance for a perrenial contender is pathetic), but the Senators are division rivals. Only time I'd ever root for a division rival in the playoffs is if they already beat the Habs, meaning the winner had to go through Montreal.

Ah, interesting.

For some reason, I haven't gotten around to hating the Senators yet. I respect them as a good team, actually. Though, come to think of it, I'm not happy with them for constantly losing to the Leafs in the playoffs! Anyway, I'm more anti-NJ (because of their style of play) than anti-Ottawa... to the extent that I care at all, that is.

Ah, interesting.

For some reason, I haven't gotten around to hating the Senators yet. I respect them as a good team, actually. Though, come to think of it, I'm not happy with them for constantly losing to the Leafs in the playoffs! Anyway, I'm more anti-NJ (because of their style of play) than anti-Ottawa... to the extent that I care at all, that is.

I have fond memories of Jersey smoking Toronto in the playoffs after Ottawa failed to do so. :)

Vinny, I'm not basing my opinion on one series, but on the entire season. You finished with a bottom 10 and maybe even a bottom 5 goals for in the NHL and you're arguing that your offence is sufficient to get by the best group defensive players in the NHL (in the playoffs, where their guys play their best).

And you blaming it on a rough start where you guys couldn't score much is like me saying the Habs are way better than their record because they had a huge slump, and we know you would retort if I said that.

Vinny, I'm not basing my opinion on one series, but on the entire season. You finished with a bottom 10 and maybe even a bottom 5 goals for in the NHL and you're arguing that your offence is sufficient to get by the best group defensive players in the NHL (in the playoffs, where their guys play their best).

And you blaming it on a rough start where you guys couldn't score much is like me saying the Habs are way better than their record because they had a huge slump, and we know you would retort if I said that.

They have the scoring to win this series. It's not hard to understand that if this team was scoring at the pace it was from January to the end of the season, IT WOULD NOT BE IN THE BOTTOM 10 OF THE LEAGUE. I'm not going to re-state it all over again. It's not that hard to understand.:wacko:

Like think about it. From October to late December were had a lot of trouble scoring. This is a team that went through some major changes, personnel moves and a completely different system. They finally came together late December onwards. GF ratio is lower than it is as other teams were scoring consistently. Well our scoring which is average is lowered for the amount of goals we didn't score in those first three months.

On the Naslund front of why he's gone off the map, I think I may finally know. I was reading the thread on HF and I only now connected the dots. The Moore hit on Naslund was the start of all this as with that hit, he suffered an injury to his elbow which he played through and into the playoffs vs Calgary. After we were ousted in 7 games by the Flames he had surgery on it and his wrist shot has been missing ever since. During the lockout for Modo, he apparently wasn't playing that well and if you look at his stats, it begins to drop off around that time.

If you watch him now, he sometimes tries to slap the puck on net as before, he'd wrist it top corner with ease. I miss that shot....

I'll post for the 3rd time in a row... :lol:

Hansen is back in tonight with Smith sitting. Salo is also back in and Edler will sit this one out. Bieksa is still out.

:wall:

You're on the bloody internet!!!!

Back on-topic, the Sabres and Rag$ exchanged first period powerplay goals within fifty seconds of each other, but no other scoring to report thus far. It looks like the Rag$ are really taking it to the Sabres though, as the shots are 10-4.

Make that 13-4 after 20 minutes of play.