Crosby is a punk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's trying to draw penalties and is still learning. He's a baby. We all know it. Just like baby Gretzky and baby Lemieux once were.

In two years he won't be diving but drawing penalities legitimately. It might be the only way to stop him sometimes. IMO, he reminds me of Forsberg mostly.

What Crosby needs is a Messier. Maybe Roberts can tell the kid to suck it up.

I agree. He's a great player but I hate him as much as any player in the league. Whiner, diver and if he doesn't step up soon he'll be titled as "choker" as well.

It's also partly the NHL and it's marketing........he's the new poster boy for the NHL. Funny thing is the gatorade commerical he's in he's not wearing a visor.....

Look at when Woods burst onto the PGA....it didn't matter if he was 5-10 shots back, they always went live when we was taking a shot.

Worst thing the Pens did was just "giving" him an "A" Most teams the players have to EARN the "A"

seriously. That kid is one cocky s.o.b.

You can't touch him or he'll dive or act like he's hurt.

Then complains and whines to the refs saying "I've been assaulted."

He reminds me of this lady:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5JCN4dulvU

Ok .. Crosby gets raped every night because he's the best player on the ice ... he tries to get calls and he's an sob and a punk ? ... if he was on your favorite team would you be saying this ? He's not the only one who does it and won't be the last.

oh and why would you call his mom a bitch because he dives ? :unsure:

Step up? Dude, the guy's what, 20?

Not quite, but will be this summer.

and he scores

Oh the irony. :lol:

Ok .. Crosby gets raped every night because he's the best player on the ice ... he tries to get calls and he's an sob and a punk ? ... if he was on your favorite team would you be saying this ? He's not the only one who does it and won't be the last.

oh and why would you call his mom a bitch because he dives ? :unsure:

Personally, I'm not a huge Crosby fan and I generally tend to go for the underdog, but Jesus, if Crosby played for the Habs, I'd be worshipping at his feet. Sure, he's a bit arrogant, but how many young superstars aren't?

Crosby is simply the best player in the league. In today's game when the Sens went up 3-2 in the third, Crosby told everyone on the bench that he took responsibility for the goal because he didn't stop in front of his net while chasing a player on the backcheck. Then he went out and and made a great play to score the winning goal.

He's being booed every time he touches the puck. The Sens are all taking shots at him. If he doesn't complain to the refs about it he is just giving the Sens a licence to give him shots.

I don't like his whining and diving either, but the kid is not even 20 and he's already leading the league in scoring. He'll mature and learn as he grows older.

He actually does remind me a lot of Forsberg when Forsberg was that age. And I mean that as a compliment.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

He gets a lot of extra abuse that doesn't get called...he HAS to bark at the refs and draw attention to it. What are his alternatives? He sure as hell can't drop his gloves and risk hurting his hands....would you prefer he start using his stick whenever an opposing player takes a shot at his head?

I'm not seeing what you are all seeing.

His penalty he drew today, he was barely touched in the pads and he made it look like he was slammed.

Another game I saw he got a stick on his jersey, he then threw his arms up and fell to the ground holding his face. Ref blew the whistle, malkin scores on pp 15 seconds later.

He's a dirty player but he gets the star treatment. Much like in the NBA the basic traveling rules do not apply to the stars, etc.

I'm not seeing what you are all seeing.

His penalty he drew today, he was barely touched in the pads and he made it look like he was slammed.

Another game I saw he got a stick on his jersey, he then threw his arms up and fell to the ground holding his face. Ref blew the whistle, malkin scores on pp 15 seconds later.

He's a dirty player but he gets the star treatment. Much like in the NBA the basic traveling rules do not apply to the stars, etc.

ok you point out two things but what about the 1000 other things that happen to him that are not called ??

and I agree with the people who say he's still young ... your right ... eventually when he gets older he'll perfect the skill of getting calls against him and won't make it look so obvious :lol:

If star players were better protected (Semenko anyone) Crosby wouldnt feel the need to "act"....

Besides, it's not like he's the only one doing it in the league. He's just got a huge spotlight on his every second he spends on the ice.

Give the kid a break.

He does embelish a bit to often but he will cut down on it as he gets older. Or at least I hope he will.

He is a tremendus player and the tougher he gets and the less he flops and yaps the more respect he will garner.

Pierre, don't make it your mission to beat up on Crosby. Your keyboard will eventually catch fire when you try to refute what Crosby is demonstating as a player. That is; scoring goals.

Is Sean Avery worse than Crosby when he was scoring and assisting tonight as well? Like it or not they're demonstrating Get’er done :P

Besides, most players in Crosby's position would behave the same. And, he's allowed some measure to talk or whine to the ref. He wears an A, deserved or not.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Besides, most players in Crosby's position would behave the same. And, he's allowed some measure to talk or whine to the ref. He wears an A, deserved or not.

I really don't mind the A. The kid is leading that team on the ice every night and there are a ton of younger players in the lockerroom - good to have someone in the young gun group charged with communicating the team message to them. Also, he <i>will</i> be captain some day, why not groom him for that by giving him some responsibility?

I love watching him, but this attitude he is creating is getting annoying. I'm watching him now not for his skills but for his flopping ability.

I'm afraid he'll end up like a euro football star and every time he'll get touched he'll flop down on the ice and make snow angels.

He does this at least twice a game. And he then gets power plays and scores. I feel like that's cheating.

I love watching him, but this attitude he is creating is getting annoying. I'm watching him now not for his skills but for his flopping ability.

I'm afraid he'll end up like a euro football star and every time he'll get touched he'll flop down on the ice and make snow angels.

He does this at least twice a game. And he then gets power plays and scores. I feel like that's cheating.

I've also frequently seen him take a penalty-worthy whack from an opposing player and power through undaunted for the goal.

and that doesn't make up for the fact that when he's 'searching' for a penalty he flops.

im saying a lot of this comes down to anecdotal evidence and perception.

That being said, I think I'd rather have a beer with Ovechkin. Relevant, I guess, for a face of the league, but not for determining the value of a player.

im saying a lot of this comes down to anecdotal evidence and perception.

That being said, I think I'd rather have a beer with Ovechkin. Relevant, I guess, for a face of the league, but not for determining the value of a player.

That's his downfall his weakness. He's not a personable person. He has no real character doing interviews. And from the commercials he's done they're trying to push this emo/punk boy on us. That's not how to market a player.

I hate Nascar but a good example of a good direction the NHL should take with Sidney is what Michael Waltrip is to Napa. His commercials are always funny and he's very media savy.

I don't see that in sid the kid.

Maybe during the summer he needs to take acting/marketing classes.

These "I am what I am" commercials are not marketable.

For every embellishment he makes, he takes 5 illegal hits that don't get called. He was getting pouned around tonight. Was impressed when Malkin jumped Phillips after he crosschecked Crosby to the ice next to the goal. Gotta give the kid credit. Not only is he incredibly skilled, he's a tough son of a gun. He really works for a lot of his points.