Latendresse-Plekanec-Grabovski

Lapierre-Begin-Johnson

Emelin-Souray

Markov-Komisarek

Streit-Carle

Gorges

Huet-50 games

Halak-32 games

PP Unit 1: Ryder-Koivu-Higgins (Markov-Souray)

Unit 2: Plekanec-Briere-Kovalev (Emelin-Streit)

PK: Johnson-Begin

Plekanec-Higgins

Koivu-Lapierre

GO :hlogo: !!!

Welcome to the board! Your line up is pretty good, but I really would prefer Drury to Briere (although i think realistically, we have a better chance to sign Briere over drury). The other thing that scares me is that, with his contract and his poor play this year, i know we'll probably not be able to get rid of Kovy, but I don't want him eating up first line minutes. I guess it would be worth a try and see how he does; every year with him is different, and if the Kovy of 05/06 instead of 06/07 shows up, but if he's playing like last year and we're stuck with him, I'd rather he's on a lower line again (like at the end of the season...)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of All I'd just like to say greetings to everyone on the forums! :D

Higgins-Briere-Kovalev

Kostitsyn-Koivu-Ryder

Latendresse-Plekanec-Grabovski

Lapierre-Begin-Johnson

Emelin-Souray

Markov-Komisarek

Streit-Carle

Gorges

Huet-50 games

Halak-32 games

PP Unit 1: Ryder-Koivu-Higgins (Markov-Souray)

Unit 2: Plekanec-Briere-Kovalev (Emelin-Streit)

PK: Johnson-Begin

Plekanec-Higgins

Koivu-Lapierre

GO :hlogo: !!!

Agreed.

Welcome to the board and nice lineup. I would rather have Kovalev on the 2nd PP unit (the only place he looked good last year) over Pleks, but either way not too shabby!

Isn't it amazing how different the team looks when you add either Briere or Drury (or other UFA centre) to the lineup?

Agreed.

Welcome to the board and nice lineup. I would rather have Kovalev on the 2nd PP unit (the only place he looked good last year) over Pleks, but either way not too shabby!

Isn't it amazing how different the team looks when you add either Briere or Drury (or other UFA centre) to the lineup?

I would have Kovalev quarterback the 2nd PP on the point in lieu of Emelin, and put Kostitsyn on the wing.

I would have Kovalev quarterback the 2nd PP on the point in lieu of Emelin, and put Kostitsyn on the wing.

I don't even want to think about the possibility of Kovalev being the only player between an opposition forward and our goalie. I can see the front page now.

Habs lose on another shorthanded goal

Edited by Habitforming

I would rather have Souray and Kovy on the 1rst unit and Streit and Markov on the 2nd to balance forces.

I really would love to see Carbonneau use a forward at the point on a regular basis. Especially one with a shot and the passing ability of Kostitsyn or Kovalev.

I don't even want to think about the possibility of Kovalev being the only player between an opposition forward and our goalie. I can see the front page now.

Habs lose on another shorthanded goal

Kovy's done it before, and he looked good.

It's funny that nobody considers O'byrne to play with us next year with the first pro season he had and such great playoffs.

People put Emelin and Carle over him all the time.

I would be surprised to see Emelin make the jump next year.

Carle is not even playing with the Dogs. Lever who is a professional coach for the last 20 years don't use him it says enough for me.

I expect a better balance size, shot blocking and passing ability for our defense next year.

Size

Komisarek 6.4f 241 pound Right side

O'byrne 6.5f 234 pound Right side

Sutton 6.6f 245 pound Left side

Mobility

Markov Left

Streit Left

Gorges Left

Kovy's done it before, and he looked good.

I agree he has done it before and he even looked good doing it.... BEFORE last season.

Maybe I'm petty but I keep thinking that the Kovalev of 06/07 is here to stay....until his contract needs to be renewed that is.

I agree he has done it before and he even looked good doing it.... BEFORE last season.

Maybe I'm petty but I keep thinking that the Kovalev of 06/07 is here to stay....until his contract needs to be renewed that is.

I hope you're wrong, but I'm afraid you're right.

And yeh, I was referring to the Kovalev of old, not the shadow of him that showed up last year.

It's funny that nobody considers O'byrne to play with us next year with the first pro season he had and such great playoffs.

People put Emelin and Carle over him all the time.

I think I saw 4 games on Sportsnet and the one at Bell Center, and i've never seen good things coming from him. I looked nervous and skinny. But i din't watch playoffs....

Again on O'byrne

He gained confidence before playoffs.

With his big shape he needs to gain speed not strenght, he is not skinny they keep his weight down in purpose.

He was used to play 30 games ayear and now he has played 80 games

in regular season + 12 games already in playoffs.

In my opinion he is the prospect that improved the most. Remember defensemen usely takes more time to develop and he made giant step this year. It would be very interesting to have in the Habs line up next year with Komisarek as his mentor.

Again on O'byrne

He gained confidence before playoffs.

With his big shape he needs to gain speed not strenght, he is not skinny they keep his weight down in purpose.

He was used to play 30 games ayear and now he has played 80 games

in regular season + 12 games already in playoffs.

In my opinion he is the prospect that improved the most. Remember defensemen usely takes more time to develop and he made giant step this year. It would be very interesting to have in the Habs line up next year with Komisarek as his mentor.

Komisarek still has learning to do himself and is about 3 years away from being a mentor to anyone above a timbit.

I'd like to have O'Byrne, no doubt about it, but Souray and Markov are the mentors on the habs D.

Komisarek still has learning to do himself and is about 3 years away from being a mentor to anyone above a timbit.

I'd like to have O'Byrne, no doubt about it, but Souray and Markov are the mentors on the habs D.

Shudder, shudder. I like Souray, and I want him to stay if the price is reasonable (take note of my fav players list) but a mentor to any of the D? Please, say he doesn't and won't try to mentor them in how to play the position, or we're in BIG trouble

The mentor word was maybe a little strong but since Komisarek and

O'byrne have similar style and background (played US U) i think that it would be good to see them both in the line uo next year.

The real leader of this club showed up at the end of the season. It's Chris Higgins, if you want people to follow the leader you have to bring in the people that will follow him and dump the ones that won't.

They have began to do this by dumping Rivet.

:hockey: heard a rumour on good authority that todd bertuzzi will be a habs nxt season :P

No thank you. He may be big, mean and drives the net, but he has a tendency to take really bad penalties at the worst of times...and I'm not talking about the Moore incident.

No thank you. He may be big, mean and drives the net, but he has a tendency to take really bad penalties at the worst of times...and I'm not talking about the Moore incident.

He hasn't been mean or driving to the net since that incident, even that year he wasn't driving to the net (though he was obviously still mean). He's incredibly lazy. Moreso than Kovalev if you ask me.

:hockey: heard a rumour on good authority that todd bertuzzi will be a habs nxt season :P

Please please please let's NOT pick up anymore reclamation projects. I'd rather have a prospect who still has potential and hasn't yet acheived it than a guy who used to be good. We don't need to bring in any more guys with excess baggage.