Habs Raise Ticket Prices

kaos

Montreal is officially no better than the Toronto Maple Leafs when it comes to ticket pricing. With 100+ straight sellouts, even though Montreal missed the playoffs, they have decided to raise the ticket prices 3 to 17.4%.

Nevermind that, being on a waiting list along will set you back $100 for each ticket, and $39 a year for an administration fee. Why? Beccause they can. Sounds alot like the Toronto Maple LEafs if you ask me.

Link to Gazette Story

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...c5-efbaf27810f6

as its been said before...

thats capitalism for you, charge what the market will bare.

with our 100 year celebration around the corner. expect more increases and more will be paid.

personally, I do feel that the habs will ice a good team for the next two years.

at these prices I pray they win big too.

Although I understand the intricacies of demand driven economics...

THIS IS FRIGGIN ABSURD!! THIS IS ALSO EQUALLY SHAMEFUL!

My god...after what the fans have been through this season with this underperforming team...they should be GIVING the seats away to make up for it.

The problem with that is there is always a fan who will pay a higher price. They don't care who is in the seats, just that they are paid.

In Colorado they have the rockies baseball team and years and years of losing hasn'r brought the prices down because someone will always pay.

If you could get fans to not show up at all for a few games that would instill some change.

Supply and demand... as long as we keep going, they'll keep raising the prices. Why wouldn't they? It's just good business. When the building has empty seats, then start dropping them. I'd do the same thing.

Oh well such is life.

But I did like what the Rangers did said they will only increase if they made the playoffs and will continue to do so in future years.

Our average seat prices was ranked a low 27th in the league 5 years ago, our prices increase has since

brought us to pay the 2th highest avr.seat price troughtout the league this last season.

The shame is that we made the playoffs 5-6 years ago and that we didn't in this last one.

Price hiked,you bet.....but no progress.

No progresses, despite the fact that during that time we have gained equal spending status with the previledge franchises of the pre-lock-out era and that Gainey inheritated 12 NHL caliber prospects from our previous organisation.

Our prices is proportionates with loyalty, hypes and hopes but not with quality.

Detroit has consistently put forth quality hochey on the ice qualifying for the playoffs now 16 years in a row

and their assistance prices ranked 18th league wide.

Buffalo's prices ranked a low 28th.....now that's value.

I cant critisised the new price hike but as far as I am concerned I found it's offering of poor value.

Oh well such is life.

But I did like what the Rangers did said they will only increase if they made the playoffs and will continue to do so in future years.

That's CLASS alright.

From the article:(It should be noted that if you want to get on the waiting list, you have to pony up a deposit of $100 a ticket. This will be applied to the purchase of tickets when it's your turn, but don't expect any interest. You'll also pay an annual non-refundable $39 administration fee for each year you remain on the list.)

I can see putting down a deposit......but to charge $39/per year (what's the avg. wait time to get off the list?) would make me mad...........how hard is it to keep an updated spreadsheet?

well at least the team wins.

If they don't time for a crowd strike.

They had a winning (and decent) record, but they missed the playoffs and can hardly be considered a winning team.

How many teams in MY NHL are losing teams, only 9 out of 30 which is a joke.

I can not wait until the NHL rewards the winners and punishes the losers.

this is disgusting.

There is no justification for a team that doesn't win to raise prices.

Especially considering the fact that our owner pocketed over 50million dollars for himself from team revenues just a year a go.

The Canadiens are supposed to be the team of the people. Not just the rich citizens of Montreal. We shouldn't forget that

So if you want season tickets you need to get on the list; and pay $100 which goes towards your season tickets. BUT then you also need to pony up $39 a year.........anyone know how long/wait time to get season tickets? 5-10 years? @ $39/per year.... :angry:

So if you want season tickets you need to get on the list; and pay $100 which goes towards your season tickets. BUT then you also need to pony up $39 a year.........anyone know how long/wait time to get season tickets? 5-10 years? @ $39/per year.... :angry:

As of right now the list is 2 years long so if you get on this year you should have tickets not this upcoming season but next.