Before he retires...

Cataclaw

I was bored and had some fun photoshopping

So i ask you, realistically now:

Before he retires...

... do you think this will happen?

antijynx.jpg

I can't think of a more deserving player in the entire national hockey league.

Edited by Cataclaw

Of course he would have to be wearing the new Reebok jersey...but man that would be sweet!

GHG

I was bored and had some fun photoshopping

So i ask you, realistically now:

Before he retires...

... do you think this will happen?

I can't think of a more deserving player in the entire national hockey league.

I think he will too in the next 2 or three years, but one team that is going to have something to say about it is Pittsburgh. It will probably come down to goaltending and if Price continues what he has shown us so far he will be the man to gel everything together.

A little more help on D and a powerhouse center and you can bet your life it will happen.

Now just for JINX SAKE can you please remove that picture.

Indeed, we need another great D and another great C. If you look to Anaheim, and compare that team with Montreal. You can see we're not quite there. Gainey stills has a lot of work to do, but we got the youth, and already some good Vets. So from there you can build a very good team, with some additions.

If that ever happens its gonna be in one of his final year with the Canadiens.

Right. This team is AT LEAST 2-3 years away. And - sorry- it won't happen with our hero as #1 C. (Jeez, if Saks is still #1 C at age 36 or 37, the Habs are in bigger trouble than I think).

Remember, you usually need a couple of seasons as a contender before you learn how to win. While I don't think this team is as far away from joining the elite as some, I maintain that we won't just 'get good' and automatically win. For a cautionary tale, see Ottawa. :puke:

I like what Gainey said at his press conference. He couldn't guarantee Saku a Cup; he said that he believes that the Habs can put him in a position to contend for one, before his career ends. I feel that that's optimistic but not implausible.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Right. This team is AT LEAST 2-3 years away. And - sorry- it won't happen with our hero as #1 C. (Jeez, if Saks is still #1 C at age 36 or 37, the Habs are in bigger trouble than I think).

Remember, you usually need a couple of seasons as a contender before you learn how to win. While I don't think this team is as far away from joining the elite as some, I maintain that we won't just 'get good' and automatically win. For a cautionary tale, see Ottawa. :puke:

Same here, I think we're about 2-3 years away from having a realistic shot at winning.

Ehhh, not necessarily. *points at Calgary, Tampa, Carolina and Edmonton* :lol:

I like what Gainey said at his press conference. He couldn't guarantee Saku a Cup; he said that he believes that the Habs can put him in a position to contend for one, before his career ends. I feel that that's optimistic but not implausible.

Yeah, never use "guarantee" and "Cup" in the same sentence...unless your name is Alfredsson.

Sorry guys, i know i always sound like the grim reeper but unless he gets traded he isn't winning the cup in the next few years with the Habs.

They need a major overhaul, the youth won't be ready to contend for a couple of years.

As CC stated, you have to close a few years before you can take the big step. The Habs struggle just to make the playoffs.

Sorry guys, i know i always sound like the grim reeper but unless he gets traded he isn't winning the cup in the next few years with the Habs.

They need a major overhaul, the youth won't be ready to contend for a couple of years.

As CC stated, you have to close a few years before you can take the big step. The Habs struggle just to make the playoffs.

Had Tampa been a contender for a few seasons when they won the Cup? Nope. What about Carolina? Definitely not. Anaheim? They had a miracle run in '03, but kind of fell off the chart the following season and then became a contender when Niedermayer was signed. I think that kind of bunks that theory.

Had Tampa been a contender for a few seasons when they won the Cup? Nope.

Actually, they were pretty good the year before they won the Cup. They won their division (albeit a weak one other than Washington) and made it to the second round of the playoffs before losing to the eventual Cup winning Devils.

Actually, they were pretty good the year before they won the Cup. They won their division (albeit a weak one other than Washington) and made it to the second round of the playoffs before losing to the eventual Cup winning Devils.

But still, like the Ducks, they were only good for one season before winning it all.

I think we can make a run at the cup next year, so unless he retires in the middle of the season.... YES

Past three Cup finals...three Canadian teams make it...Pretty damn impressive...I cant see Toronto or Vancouver stepping it up next season...So...THIS YEAR IS OUR YEAR.

GO :hlogo: GO!!!

You underestimate Vancouver. Unfortunately - their fans are friggin' idiots.

I think he will too in the next 2 or three years, but one team that is going to have something to say about it is Pittsburgh. It will probably come down to goaltending and if Price continues what he has shown us so far he will be the man to gel everything together.

A little more help on D and a powerhouse center and you can bet your life it will happen.

Now just for JINX SAKE can you please remove that picture.

I predict many more hockey writers will start to write about the 2004 draft soon. Comparisons will be made about the value of a pick to a franchise. It was always an interesting article to read when it featured Pittsburgh's Mario Lemieux versus the Montreal Canadiens' Patrick Roy. The never ending debate of which pick was of more value to the franchise's who took them in 1984. I remember those articles. Is history repeating itself?

Fast forward twenty years later to the 2004 draft, Steeltown gets the phenom AGAIN but we get G-O-A-L-I-E :hlogo:

This is such a coincidence and I hope the coincidences keep coming. :D :hlogo: If the Pens want to win the next 2 cups, that's fine with me. ;) ('91 '92 '93)

That would maybe mean 2010. Too bad they didn't win this year or else it'd be '09.

More history and coincidence:

Sherbrooke: Roy MVP / Lemieux

Hamilton: Price: MVP / Crosby

Now, I'm not saying that Price is Roy. Not yet! I do believe he is definitely at least Miller'esque on the low side. On the upside, he's Luongo or better. If BOb and Co. keep drafting in this manner, eventually there's going to be some forward and D break outs. Hopefully (and I believe we do) have some of those qualities already in our system.

GO HABS GO

We do have incredible depth...I think the Habs were listed as #2 int he league in terms of prospects that are fulfilling or surpassing expectations. I can definitely see Price emerge as a Luongo in the short term, and I Brodeur in the long-term...as long as he isn't rushed. At first the idea of a Price-Halak tandem was intriguing, but methinks Huet's experience will pay off. Perhaps Price and Halak can split the season beteen Hamilton and Montreal and see what happens?