Would you take Yashin?

Makh2o

According to RDS.ca, Yashin has said that he'd be interested in joining the habs, and that he thinks he could help relaunch Samsonov's career...

At 6'3", would you take him as your second line center? Especially considering he'd probably sign for very little. Is he worth the risk of having yet another lazy russian in the line up?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would do it....but only if he signed for a 1 yr/1.5-2mil deal. He'd better come cheap for the risk we'd be taking!

I don't know if I should be happy that someone with his talent (I ONLY SAID TALENT!) wants to come play in Montreal but I don't know if he would be much of a fit.

I do like how he cut to the chase though and didn't waste time to find himself a home.

Apparantly all the washed up lazy slackers with big contracts wants to be a habs. We already have overpriced lazy garbage on the team.

So basically I see 0 chance of this happening.

That RDS article is pure propaganda straight from Mark Gandler. I'm sure that Yashin & his agent will be expressing their desire to play for any one of the 29 other NHL teams [make that 28, as I'm sure Ottawa is not stupid enough to sign him]. While he technically fits the need of having a big, talented centre, he's not the type of player the Habs need. His disappearing act/lack of effort/character issues are well documented. If a master motivator like Ted Nolan cannot get a full season worth of effort out of him, then Carbonneau stands no chance. Also, I'm not convinced that Yashin's knee is close to 100%.

If by some miracle, Gainey decides to give Yashin a chance, it must be only for one season, and for no more than $1M. I will say that the Las Vegas bookies are giving odds that he will go back to the motherland, play for a team in the RSL and "earn" his $1-$3 M that some people claim the top players make there.

it's time to aim players that will help us win the cup, not players that will only help us get the playoffs.

That RDS article is pure propaganda straight from Mark Gandler.

Bang on!

Yashin would like to be a Sen

Said Mark Gandler, Yashin's New Jersey-based agent, on Friday: "It would be sweet (for him) to come back and help Ottawa (win the Stanley Cup) ... (and) restore relationships he had there.

Saturday, June 09, 2007, Hugh Adami, CanWest News Service

Why, did one of the trainers or janitors get killed or something?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah its true that we could use a hard working big centre more, but if he comes in cheap. Hmm maybe! You get talent on board and use the money on D (see what D gave the Ducks)

The catch there is "Hardworking"...

Noooooooooooo! phew! that was a bad dream... I just dream't that I was reading a thread about Yashin joining the habs. Please tell me I'm still dreaming and that it will not happen!

Edited by Chips

no no no the MAIN reason I SEE that we would go after Yashin is that we're HOPING/BETTING he sparks Kovalev... so if BG does trade kovalec which i doubt tremendously no point in getting Yashin

RDS answered my queries about his reationship with Kovy and Markov... plus according to Yashin he gets along with Koivu...

I hope Koivu gets a word with BG and states what he thinks of the man

Actually, I've been thinking about this and maybe...maybe. It depends on many factors.

1) He is a BIG center and is hard to knock off the puck. If we put Lats and Lapierre with him then the Leafs could take the

SAP (line 1) LINE AND SHOVE IT UP THEIR BUTTS :P

A LATENDRESSE-YASHIN-LAPIERRE would be a tough line for the opposition to deal with.

The problem with Yashin is that he is "the big center" that Bonk was suppose to be. Bonk did work out but his offence wasn't as great as desired. So, by dumping Bonk and getting Yashin we are basically doing the same thing all over again for the exception of Yashin not being a D forward as much as Bonk is.

I will accept Yashin IF the UFA market brings NOTHING and we sign him for LOW money.

If it was a Latendresse-Yashin-Kovalev line, that would average out to a 225 LB line. The Leaf SAP line averages 227 LBS.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO nO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO nO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO nO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO nO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO nO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Well, in a different situation perhaps, but Yashin brings too much baggage and risk for a team that already been burned by talented malcontents like Kovalev and indeed the soon to be departed Samsonov.