Samsonov to Chicago

Fanpuck33

Hey faerie.. can you translate the following for me?

Thanks in advance.

Tony Salmelainen

Ok, here we go. Tony was pissed of about refs call, and was sent off. He threw trash can, and it hit HIFK busdriver to head, few stitches. And then there was apologies and everything. :P

Tony is REALLY fast, and can score, but I do not like him, 'cause I believe he is somekind of whiner. He left our national team TWICE 'cause coach E.Lehtonen didn't promise him sure place in team, you know. I believe when you are representing your country, you do it even if it means a pressbox place!!! But Janne Lahti, he can be an asset to Habs, just wait and you'll see.

-F-

Edited by FinHab

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here we go. Tony was pissed of about refs call, and was sent off. He threw trash can, and it hit HIFK busdriver to head, few stitches. And then there was apologies and everything. :P

Tony is REALLY fast, and can score, but I do not like him, 'cause I believe he is somekind of whiner. He left our national team TWICE 'cause coach E.Lehtonen didn't promise him sure place in team, you know. I believe when you are representing your country, you do it even if it means a pressbox place!!! But Janne Lahti, he can be an asset to Habs, just wait and you'll see.

-F-

:clap: :clap:

Thanks FinHab... your comments on your co-nationals are gonna weigh the most here for sure!! great to read about Lahti... not to happy about the Tony issue.. hmmm

Didn't Salmelainen play for the Bulldogs the same year Ryder made it?

Yes. Jason Ward was top scorer for the 'dogs that year (31G 41A 72PTS) with Michael Ryder a close second (34G 33A 67PTS). If I'm not mistaken Hamilton lost the Calder Cup final that year.

Yes. Jason Ward was top scorer for the 'dogs that year (31G 41A 72PTS) with Michael Ryder a close second (34G 33A 67PTS). If I'm not mistaken Hamilton lost the Calder Cup final that year.

Took it all and lost in game 7 of the final to the Houston Aeros (Minny)

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Thanks,

Kiitoksia oikein paljon FinHab.

Hope I spelled that right ;)

No probs. Yeah, you spelled it just right! :clap:

-F-

-F-

Ahhh, so that's why he left the team. I was trying to figure that out, but not being able to read Finnish made it a tad difficult. :P

By the way, you're Finnish, eh? :wub:

Ahhh, so that's why he left the team. I was trying to figure that out, but not being able to read Finnish made it a tad difficult. :P

calm down faerie :D

Bob saved alot of money with this deal

It was a good move. Who cares what Samsonov does next season. It is addition by subtraction. The guy is a veteran in this league and he behaved like a child. Whining about what line he played on, asking for a trade, changing his mind.

Bye Bye, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!

I like the fact that they went from paying 3.5M to Samsonov to possibly only paying Cullimore 600K for 2.

Send Salmelainen to Hamilton and clear off his 700K. That is close to 3M extra to spend on Free Agents this summer.

Let Souray walk and it frees up alot of space to rebuild through some FAs and the kids on the farm.

It also changes the makeup of this team from a team that shit the bed in the last 40 games and missed the playoffs.

If Price steps up and takes the job, then you can dump Huet and free up more space. This is how you win in the new NHL.

Young NHL talent at low prices to mix in with the right FA or trade acquisitions.

Good job Bob.

5 days is pushing it I think.

Gainey wants to complete what he has in mind as quick as possible and won't wait for the draft if he can move now.

Edited by Habitforming

Yes, I'm from Finland, born and raised. :D Hmm, don't get me wrong, Tony is good hockey player, and I saw him played many times when he played with HIFK. (team I hate, I'm Tappara fan) Anyway, I think he has an attitude problem, but who am I to say, I don't know him personally.

-F-

calm down faerie :D

I'm trying...it's just not working. :P

habsworldfriendfinder.com?????

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I'm from Finland, born and raised. :D Hmm, don't get me wrong, Tony is good hockey player, and I saw him played many times when he played with HIFK. (team I hate, I'm Tappara fan) Anyway, I think he has an attitude problem, but who am I to say, I don't know him personally.

-F-

*insert mandatory grope here*

Well, I'm very pleased to meet you. I love everyone from Finland. :P

As for Salmy, I don't expect huge things from him, but I think he has a lot of skill and if he can put it together, he could surprise us.

I think that when Salmeleinen when enter the camp and realise all the talent, skills and heart

ahead of him, we will sadly retire at 25 and go back playing in Finland.

He would not accept to go back in AHL and i don't want him there, we want good veterans to show kids the way.

According to Dale Tallon (Chicago's GM), we "really wanted" Salmalienen.

hmmm, I don't understand it really. Maybe he's really good and there's somethign we don't know, but I would have imagined that BG would be on the look out for BIG talent. Or maybe BG knew that someone else wanted him and Salmalainen is going to be part of another trade deal?? just thinking aloud...

Yea that is what i was thinking, with the excess of forwards (small), these type of players can be throw in or sweeteners to deal for a bigger fish. Hopefully on the D side.