HabsWorld Draft 2007 Thread

CHice

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's going to come back to bite us. Just watch.

Not a chance in hell. By 2012 he'll have been traded to 4 different teams who will be drooling over his talent and frustrated by his lack of desire. He'll be out of hockey by 2013

I still go by the theory of the brain trust in montreal knows how viscous the media and fans can be on the local kids, so they don't want to ruin their careers. So they don't go for the 'home town kid' anymore unless they're positive he can handle the insaneness. If a kid is super fragile he won't last a year.

another lecailvier and Gagne situation here by not taking espo he will be burning us for years and we will be loosing for years

If we take him he's Ribs, if we pass on him he's Vinny.

We winded up with two very good players. Pacioretty is a guy who does everything right but just lacks consistency. Could be interesting playing opposite Latendresse with a center like Plekanec between them.

Not a chance in hell. By 2012 he'll have been traded to 4 different teams who will be drooling over his talent and frustrated by his lack of desire. He'll be out of hockey by 2013

man what's with all the hate toward esposito? Did the guy sleep with your sister or something?

I still go by the theory of the brain trust in montreal knows how viscous the media and fans can be on the local kids, so they don't want to ruin their careers. So they don't go for the 'home town kid' anymore unless they're positive he can handle the insaneness. If a kid is super fragile he won't last a year.

Exactly....and did you see that look on his face when Montreal passed him up.....he was crushed....what a loser

I'm happy.

Bob hasn't let us down in a draft yet. Can anyone imagine this guy, Pacioretty (nicknamed Patches), playing with Higgins and Latendresse in three years time? Or Chipchura? With the Kostitsyns and Grabovski ... I'm salivating already.

Our defense will be young, fast and physical then too. Komisarek, Fischer, McDonagh (how do we pronounce that?)... Imagine if we'd kept Hainsey?

Hehe, Montreal Americans, good call.

Haha, wow this is funny. Do we need an other power forward, I don't think so. Do we need an other defenseman, no, I don't think so. Atleast Espo is safe in a good club and not a piece of shit club like the habs. Can't wait till Bob gets up and does some cleaning in the habs.

Do we need another power forward? We have one in the entire system, so sure.

Do we need another defenceman? Not really, no, but it would definitely help to add McDonagh especially if we never get Emelin.

If we take him he's Ribs, if we pass on him he's Vinny.

We winded up with two very good players. Pacioretty is a guy who does everything right but just lacks consistency. Could be interesting playing opposite Latendresse with a center like Plekanec between them.

More likely to play with Chipchura and Latendresse. That'll be a big mean line.

Exactly....and did you see that look on his face when Montreal passed him up.....he was crushed....what a loser

He would not have lasted. If a home town kid plays in Montreal he has to be a joker and thick skinned and not having things get to him.

You guys make it really tough because in all serious folks you guys are a bit nuts.

More likely to play with Chipchura and Latendresse. That'll be a big mean line.

Why doesn't anybody realize that you won't see this guy in Montreal for like 3 or years. Half the players you guys are mentioning will probably not even be in Montreal in 4 years time.

super darn....

backlund's gone...

there go all my pre-draft hopes...

who do i hope for now?... i don't know...

i know!!!! AKIM ALIU!!!!

GO :hlogo: GO!

well that's it for me boys... ive given enough of my friday night to the draft... talk to some of you (HWL people) for our draft tomorrow. later all....

yeah all of these kids are americans going off to college

there's an advantage to these guys...

they have more years to develop before we lose them like we 'had to' with Mikus...

Edited by shortcat1

It appears to me that Pacioretty is a LW who takes faceoffs on the penalty kill. I can't find anywhere that says he plays C though, just that he's very good on faceoffs.

kaos, Gui is 19 years old, we can assume he'll be here in 3-4 years. Same for Chipchura who isn't even on the team yet and Plekanec looks like he'll be around for a while too.

ummmm didn't lecavalier go first overall or am I missing something? I dont think the Habs passed him up, i would imagine they would have welcomed vinny to the team with open arms had they had that opportunity.

lol yea my bad on vinny, just pissed off here..... are you really sure they would have taken him? really?

He would not have lasted. If a home town kid plays in Montreal he has to be a joker and thick skinned and not having things get to him.

You guys make it really tough because in all serious folks you guys are a bit nuts.

Hey I never wanted Espo. There was a good reason for his dropping 21 spots in the last few years and why 15 GM's passed on him. If you watched him the past year you noticed....wihtout his superstar linemated he was shit.

And if you are distraught at the NHL draft when you don't get your own way, then your a spoiled brat who needs an ass kicking and I don't want you on my team.

And yeah we are a bit nuts because we want our team to win and don't want highly talented no work ethic losers like Esposito on our team, justbecause he's french.

I'd rather have the Montreal Americans than the Montreal Quebecer's led by no heart Esposito

It appears to me that Pacioretty is a LW who takes faceoffs on the penalty kill. I can't find anywhere that says he plays C though, just that he's very good on faceoffs.

kaos, Gui is 19 years old, we can assume he'll be here in 3-4 years. Same for Chipchura who isn't even on the team yet and Plekanec looks like he'll be around for a while too.

Not when you factor in the salary cap and if Latendresse all the sudden becomes a 50 goal scorer etc., etc. Yeah it might not happen, but I guarentee some of these players will not be here in 4 years time....HIggins, Plekanec, Komisarek, Latendresse, the Kostitsyn's, Chipchura, KOivu...etc., etc. Its just natural that they'll move on for one reason or another

i wonder what 'diamond' the wings will pick this time... but then again, this isn't the 5th & 6th round...

brendan smith... another guy who isn't even on the top 100 of the hockey news's list...

petrecki... kind of late for him, i do believe...