Official Jersey Unveiling Thread

Mr. Nasty

Most people who have a concussion typically require a period of rest and then return to their previous activity. Most do not retire from this activity after their first concussion. This fact makes Moore a statistical outlier or in other words, it is highly improbable that Moore's absence from the game of hockey is due to his one and only concussion.

So because he is a statistical outlier means his situation isn't real? A person who is hit by lighting is a statistical outlier. Does this mean a person can't be hit by lightning? Of course not. Similarly, just because the severity or Moore's concussion is extreme, doesn't mean it isn't real. As I've pointed out countless times, he's still experiencing symptoms more than three years later.

If the symptoms finally clear up and he is cleared to play, what chances does he have of playing in the NHL again? He's been out of the league for four years, in which time he hasn't been able to play any level of competitive hockey. How likely is it that a 30 year who hasn't laced them up in four years is going to crack an NHL roster again? Talk about a statistical outlier. Not to mention the fact that if he were to get another concussion while playing, not only would it likely be serious, he'd probably sue the doctors who cleared him to play and the team that put him into danger on the ice.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So because he is a statistical outlier means his situation isn't real? A person who is hit by lighting is a statistical outlier. Does this mean a person can't be hit by lightning? Of course not. Similarly, just because the severity or Moore's concussion is extreme, doesn't mean it isn't real. As I've pointed out countless times, he's still experiencing symptoms more than three years later.

Not at all. There is no doubt that Moore was concussed. That is not the argument. Moore would have you believe his career was ended by the incident. What I am saying is that the probability of Moore's career being ended by the concussion is highly unlikely.

Although both rare, Moore's incident and being hit by lightning are not a fair comparison, simply because Moore has something to gain from the situation and someone who gets hit by lightning obviously does not. I have never heard from anyone, apart from someone who was an Avs fan, that Moore was guaranteed a long career in the NHL. If a marginal player is suddenly injured in a media spectacle that is widely condemned from the NHL, players, fans and public alike, what do you think a lawyer is going to whisper in poor Steve's ear?

In essence, the improbability of his injury and the fact that he serves to gain financially from the situation, makes me skeptical.

Quit calling him a marginal player. He wasn't, most Avs fans will tell you the same. Yes, Avs fans. Biased or not, we're the ones who followed his career before he made it onto our roster. It was his rookie season so any production he had that year can be thrown out the window. You didn't follow him in Harvard, in Hershey or in Colorado so you can hardly tell me what was expected of him or how his future looked.

I know this is in the other thread but just to keep it with all the otheres, the new Habs jerseys:

nouveau_jersey_page.jpg

And lets end the Steve Moore talk. It's a topic I know I and most likely CS are tired of dealing with, it's been 3 and a half years now.

Flames unveil their new jersey today as well, supposedly around 1:30 MNT. So 3 more hours.

Calgary had a gallery of their new jerseys up early before someone noticed the mistake and they were taken down but a couple people managed to save them.

homeroadjerseys.png.jpg

Basically some added striping like a few of the other jerseys. New shoulder patches as well, Alberta flag on the left (that'll tick of Edmonton fans) and the Canadian flag on the right (and that'll tick off everyone else).

here is the minnesotaWild's newest jerzey

I'm not u huge fan of the red-green combo but I think they did a great job, here. the home jerzey is really nice !! :clap:

here is the minnesotaWild's newest jerzey

I'm not u huge fan of the red-green combo but I think they did a great job, here. the home jerzey is really nice !! :clap:

I like their jerseys a lot. They did a great job IMO.

Yeah, those were leaked a while ago to season ticket holders, same as the Flyers jerseys.

The date I've been assuming for a couple days now has been confirmed by the Denver Post, Colorado jerseys on Wednesday. No new logo and no new colors so that has me excited.

And Colorado unveiled their new jerseys this morning. Must say, they left me a little underwhelmed.

untitled-1.jpg

They're not the worst things in the world (Hahavancouverlulz) but they are a step down form our previous ones. The vertical piping is leaving it a little crowded and theres no seperation between the blue and burgundy on the sleeves. It's grown on me since this morning though since I saw official pics on the Avs website. It's not as originally bad as I thought when someone on the Avs site posted pictures from the unveiling on Altitude.

Basically, they're pretty meh. Leafs jerseys are going to be unveiled today as well, so keep an eye out for that.

Only just saw the Flames jerseys - they're beautiful! Especially that home jersey. I liked the old ones too, but I like these ones more.

Only just saw the Flames jerseys - they're beautiful! Especially that home jersey. I liked the old ones too, but I like these ones more.

They barely changed, outside of those god forsaken shoulder crests. Those things are hideous.

colroad.png

Theres the road jerseys for Colorado. I was waiting to see what these looked like because I want a Smyth one. I think I might just get a discounted home jersey from last year.

They barely changed, outside of those god forsaken shoulder crests. Those things are hideous.

Theres the road jerseys for Colorado. I was waiting to see what these looked like because I want a Smyth one. I think I might just get a discounted home jersey from last year.

I like the road jersey but I don't like the home blue underneath the arms. I think that should be full burgundy. The stripes are cool. I may have a different opinion on the home after I see them in play.

Weren't he leefy loofs suppose to unveil their new jerseys today? Talk about a non-event :lol:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I know this is in the other thread but just to keep it with all the otheres, the new Habs jerseys:

nouveau_jersey_page.jpg

And lets end the Steve Moore talk. It's a topic I know I and most likely CS are tired of dealing with, it's been 3 and a half years now.

Flames unveil their new jersey today as well, supposedly around 1:30 MNT. So 3 more hours.

They're nice. I bought a red old jersey on Sept 1rst. It was 50% only on this day so i got it for 60$ instead of 120$... Can't wait for wearing it at the opening game in the stands (well into subway before the game screaming GO HABS GO having drink 3-4 beers before) YAAAAAA

I like the road jersey but I don't like the home blue underneath the arms. I think that should be full burgundy. The stripes are cool. I may have a different opinion on the home after I see them in play.

Weren't he leefy loofs suppose to unveil their new jerseys today? Talk about a non-event :lol:

No, the leafs did. Tucker modeled one while Pogge (I think it was Pogge) modeled the other. I don't care enough to show Habs fans pics though, haha

Nice, they got rid of the flaming horse.

that was the 3rd jersey.. and it wont be returning. Infact the flames wont have a 3rd jersey until 2010.

Vancouver's is hideous but it doesn't matter the jerseys will change in 3 years anyway. "Vancouver" will be the first casualty. Reminds me of the hideous Blues jersey's back in the 80's with ST LOUIS BLUES written across it. so stupid. barf factor a 8.

Avs looks weird.

Where's that link again to all the jerseys unveiled so far page?

The Avs home might be OK. Chances are it's the rotten lighting in the photo that is not doing it justice.

Yeah, I don't mind it as much anymore. I'd still like to see how they get a C or A on that thing though. It figures though, nhl.com is out of customized home jerseys from last year. Guess I'm getting one of those newfangled things.