Game Thread | Montreal vs. Carolina | 10/03/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after one period....

Higgins and Koivu looked great.

Breezy and Booboo looked way better then I expected.

Pleks, Markov, and Hammer have been invisible (to me anyway, but they haven't looked bad either)

Streit looks great on the PP

Huet looks ready to roll....

The refs are idiots, but at the same time the Habs have to stop taking dumb penalities.

Well, after one period....

Higgins and Koivu looked great.

Breezy and Booboo looked way better then I expected.

Pleks, Markov, and Hammer have been invisible (to me anyway, but they haven't looked bad either)

Streit looks great on the PP

Huet looks ready to roll....

The refs are idiots, but at the same time the Habs have to stop taking dumb penalities.

I'm really hoping Kostopolous is on the fourth line centred by chipchura on Saturday and Smolinski is on Plekanec's wing. That will help quite a bit.

Carolina wants this bad but we are dominating at times ourselves. Happy with the effort, not the calls.

Maybe my dreams have come true and the bending of the stick, plus the power of Streit's slapper up top shelf has been realized. :lol:

If his accuracy has made a jump...who needs Sheldon? Streit is very impressive. He's a always displayed the quaterback potential. His accuracy was the only missing key. I starting to compare him to Preissing :clap:

Another stupid call :angry:

I am not going to ring the Steit bell based on one goal. He had about 4 shots on that PP and missed or was blocked the first 3 times.

Still, I am hopeful because I know he and breezy can quarterback our PP. They don't have the shot of Souray, but they can see the ice well and make nice passes too (ala Markov).

Fortunate to be tied 1-1 after all those penalties. Couple of marginal calls. Not much 5on5 action. Have to agree that Breezer and the cube look fairly decent out there. Not much icetime for Kost and Grabs with all the PP's. Rather see Chips centering the 4th line with Smolly on Pleks wing. Huet keeping the Habs in this one.

I am not going to ring the Steit bell based on one goal.

I hear ya. But how many times has he unleashed a bending stick howitzer and has gone wide before this? I've lost count. If his accuracy is getting on target, I am happy. I'm not talking Sheldon numbers. But I am saying that Streit might be chipping in more often than before and I couldn't be happier if this unfolds.

Fortunate to be tied 1-1 after all those penalties. Couple of marginal calls. Not much 5on5 action. Have to agree that Breezer and the cube look fairly decent out there. Not much icetime for Kost and Grabs with all the PP's. Rather see Chips centering the 4th line with Smolly on Pleks wing. Huet keeping the Habs in this one.

I agree completely.

What little we saw of the Kovy, Grabs, #### line was impressive. They are going to score bucket loads of goals this season. Unless we take 6 penalties every period in every game :wacko:

I hear ya. But how many times has he unleashed a bending stick howitzer and has gone wide before this? I've lost count. If his accuracy is getting on target, I am happy. I'm not talking Sheldon numbers. But I am saying that Streit might be chipping in more often than before and I couldn't be happier if this unfolds.

Well, it was clear to me that he is going to get lots of chances. First, more ice time on the PP with Souray gone. Second, most of the PP seemed to be designed to get the puck back to Streit. I got the feeling they just re-ran their "souray PP play" from last year. :)

I agree completely.

What little we saw of the Kovy, Grabs, #### line was impressive. They are going to score bucket loads of goals this season. Unless we take 6 penalties every period in every game :wacko:

Definitely agree here. Just need to get them more 5on5 play. Stop the parade to the Sin Bin.

F**king over the glass penalty.... Carolina has really short glass...

They have to change that rule. Unless intentional, it should be no change and a faceoff in your zone.

I noticed that on both 5 on 3 kills, Carbo has had Boo Boo out there.