Carey Price Talk

CBHabs_fan

the guy shows no emotion he's at the antipod of his fans who would elect him god of their hometown and country...and for 1 game damnit. Listening to some fans, you shoudl already retire 31 before 33 Lol....

whenever he shows for several seasons the same attitude and that we become a true cup contender, then we can adul him. But for now, hes a prospect with potential...thats it.

Not sure what 'adul' means, but yeah, you're right.

What's nice is to see a Habs prospect generating the kind of awed coverage reserved for the Syndey Crosbys of the world. I don't mean the Montreal media or fans, I mean the NHL media in general.

This is what the Habs have been needing - some player or even prospect that can come in and create authentic buzz. Not the kind of buzz that Lats or Ribeiro got, being canonized by the French press as superstars in the making, but never taken as seriously by anyone else; but rather the sort of thing that turns the head of everyone involved in hockey, from the media on up, and has them reassessing their assumptions about the Canadiens' prospects as an organization. That kind of 'buzz' is one of the things that makes the difference between attracting and failing to attract UFAs, for instance. And it can help to change the generally dismissive and negative tone that comes in whenever the Habs are discussed in the wider media, which really wears on me as a fan.

Of course, Price still has to deliver. Still, we've got something here that we haven't had for a long, long, long time. With all appropriate caution, let's hope that this is the beginning of a snowball.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong in having a little fun, and furthermore there's no controlling Habs fans.

I must agree though: It's one thing to make neat comparisons between Price and Roy/Dryden regarding the Penguins game. It's another to fully expect him to be the next Patrick Roy.

Still, there's a lot of excitement at the moment surrounding Price. I say let it unfold. Let the people be excited and optimistic. If the bubble bursts, it'll burst, and everyone will fall back to the ground, that's all. People will move on. And if he is St. Price, then he'll be St. Price and everyone will come out a winner.

I think you're right, to a certain extent, but Habs fans will be Habs fans, so your post is, unfortunately, in vain :)

That being said... 5 of the top 6 threads in the Habs forum are currently about Price. I think a mod should consolidate the posts into one "#31 - Price" thread or something.

Edited by Cataclaw

Would be sweet if he wore a red cape as well.

What abut Jesus or Allah or the Alpha Omega or Messiah. ;)

I would really rather leave God out of it. For us religious fans (in my case, Muslim) I like Price, but comparing any player to God is too much, and to me, disrespectful to God and Religion.

All of this Roy/Price date and Dryden is a media invention. As far as I'm concerned, the only hype on the kid is his performance in that 1 game. Wow, that was awesome. . Price did some wicked shutdowns in close on Sid. If and when Price craps the bed is anyone's guess. Every goalie does. But, I've seen many goalies first games in this league and I'm delighted that he delivered. Looks very stable. And, he still will learn and get better. :clap:

Not sure what 'adul' means, but yeah, you're right.

What's nice is to see a Habs prospect generating the kind of awed coverage reserved for the Syndey Crosbys of the world. I don't mean the Montreal media or fans, I mean the NHL media in general.

This is what the Habs have been needing - some player or even prospect that can come in and create authentic buzz. Not the kind of buzz that Lats or Ribeiro got, being canonized by the French press as superstars in the making, but never taken as seriously by anyone else; but rather the sort of thing that turns the head of everyone involved in hockey, from the media on up, and has them reassessing their assumptions about the Canadiens' prospects as an organization. That kind of 'buzz' is one of the things that makes the difference between attracting and failing to attract UFAs, for instance. And it can help to change the generally dismissive and negative tone that comes in whenever the Habs are discussed in the wider media, which really wears on me as a fan.

Of course, Price still has to deliver. Still, we've got something here that we haven't had for a long, long, long time. With all appropriate caution, let's hope that this is the beginning of a snowball.

When Bob Mackenzie is drooling all over you on National TV like the 5 hamburgers he had for lunch then there is a genuine buzz in the Hockey World. The kid has impressed the hell out of me. I am hoping for the best, and he hasn't let me down yet. Here's hoping he keeps smashing down doors and ascending to higher levels.

All of this Roy/Price date and Dryden is a media invention. As far as I'm concerned, the only hype on the kid is his performance in that 1 game. Wow, that was awesome. . Price did some wicked shutdowns in close on Sid. If and when Price craps the bed is anyone's guess. Every goalie does. But, I've seen many goalies first games in this league and I'm delighted that he delivered. Looks very stable. And, he still will learn and get better. :clap:

Why fight it? Which fanbase would not be excited when presented with a prospect like this?

You think after a couple of games that the Pens/Caps were not drooling all over the place 2 years ago?

Did you watch the Yankee fans love affair with Joba Chamberlain?

You wait your whole life to see generational talents put on the uniform of your favourite team. Fortunately for Canadiens fans it has been pretty frequent. But this kid has done some special things in the last year.

I am excited, if nobody else is there is something wrong with them. I would rather be excited and watch him fail then just assume that every player is going to fail and be excited when they succeed.

Like Cucumber said, this is not fake buzz for a player like Ribeiro or Latendresse. This is leaguewide buzz.

This is real. And I am going to enjoy the ride.

should someone make a poll for the nicknames, and we could all vote on the best. Thoughts?

should someone make a poll for the nicknames, and we could all vote on the best. Thoughts?

I would really rather leave God out of it. For us religious fans (in my case, Muslim) I like Price, but comparing any player to God is too much, and to me, disrespectful to God and Religion.

Candlemass former singer is called Messiah Marcolin and noone have complained about that but that means that name is already taken :D

Lets just call him Elvis.

Candlemass former singer is called Messiah Marcolin and noone have complained about that but that means that name is already taken :D

Lets just call him Elvis.

Elvis is fine with me. Nothing sacred there, although not sure it's actually the best nickname for Price :unsure:

I love the long beek! :)

actually, that's exactly what i hate about it. He looks like a bird, which is I guess the goal, since he was on the penguins, but honestly, a bird doesn't really strike fear into the hearts of the opponent, does it?

I did not mean to offend I was just kidding.

True, goalie can't leave his half of the ice with or without the puck. However, he can always wind up and take a bomb of a shot from the red line :lol:

A goalie scoring on another goalie would be a heck of an embarassing situation, considering the distance the shot would have to come from. However, it isn't impossible. Heck, Souray hit the crossbar last season with a bomb from the red line, so i guess it's conceivable that a goalie could do the same.

None of this is ever going to happen, but it's fun to speculate.

Uh, I'd like to see ANY goalie in the league fire a slapshot with any amount of decent velocity let alone hit a crossbar from center ice.

I think Kozed was making fun of you all as much as anything...and you all jumped on the bait. If not, I'll make fun of Kozed old skool and call him a poobag.

Yea, i know what you mean, Colorado, Boston, Tampa, Toronto, Atlanta are really bad homers. The rest of the announcers seem pretty fare.

Besides CBC, I find the Ottawa announcers to be the worst. I really cant stand to listen to them.

Carey Price was born in Vancouver but raised in Williams Lake. My wife was also born and raised there. The cowboy is a symbol of his hometown. Williams Lake Stampede is a big rodeo. The largest ranch in BC is just outside Williams Lake. The mask is just a connection to his roots. As stated earlier, his mother is the chief of one of the native reserves.

Man, you made me miss HabsGuru... You fu%ing guy! ^_^:lol:

Guru, THAT was his name, Ive been thinking bout him. I think people disliked him even more than Linden_Fan.

Wonder if he is on this forum with a new name and noone of us knowing about it :D

• 6 months later...

so, we're in playoffs and there is no real nickname given to Price yet... it's lame.

Ice

Iceman

Priceman

Pipes

Joe Cool

etc.

what is it ?

so, we're in playoffs and there is no real nickname given to Price yet... it's lame.

Ice

Iceman

Priceman

Pipes

Joe Cool

etc.

what is it ?

I see a lot of "Jesus Price" signs at the games. From what I've heard, the other Habs call Carey "Pricey"