Game Thread | Hurricanes vs. Canadiens | 10/13/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Gainey is on the phone to the War Room in TO ripping Colin Campbell and Steve Walkom a new one.

I hope so too... but I'm sure he has in the past, and we haven't seen any benefits yet...

I really am finding the reffing brutal in this league. A habs gets pushed into Toskala, penalty to habs. Crosby takes down Price twice, no call. Staal lays on Huet for 25 seconds, we get the penalty.

How hard is it to get this consistent. It isn't.

I hope so too... but I'm sure he has in the past, and we haven't seen any benefits yet...

That pisses me off for no other reason than what the league said last week on the 2 horse shit calls vs the LEAFS

and have proceded to ignore it in our last 2 games. Unreal

OK are the Habs this undisciplined or do the Refs just suck?

Edited by Wamsley01

That pisses me off for no other reason than what the league said last week on the 2 horse shit calls vs the LEAFS

and have proceded to ignore it in our last 2 games. Unreal

OK are the Habs this undisciplined or do the Refs just suck?

In all honestly, both, but one has nothing to do with the other

Good start to the period, but 3 bad penalties turned the tide. Smokes was needless and cost a goal. Thought Huet was solid, Breezer made some nice plays. Seems like Streit was fighting the puck out there. Good jump by the Koivu and Pleks line. Wow, Chipchura played 5:55 in the first, only Kovy and Pleks played more out of the forwards.

Just a thought of how to get Grabs back in the lineup. Put him there with Smokes and Lats on the right side. Then move Kostopoulus to Dandy's spot or sit Kostou.

Go Habs go.

Why do

Steve Begin

Mathieu Dandenault

Kyle Chipchura all have more even strength time then

Koivu, Plekanec, Kovalev, Ryder Kostitsyn and Higgins???

Agreed, good to see 4 lines rolling but need to get the top guys out there more often, especially when lots of the 3rd, 4th liners kill penalties too.

Some thoughts so far:

-Streit is not having his best game.

-Kostopolous does not belong on the third line and maybe not even on the team at all.

-Chipchura is having an awesome game.

-Huet has been great.

-Koivu is playing great.

-Penalties are getting old, I'm sick of them.

-Kostitsyn looks pretty good tonight.

-Latendresse needs to be sent down to Hamilton for a couple of years.

-Komisarek is just brutal in the offensive zone, cement hands big time.

-Bouillon works so hard and tries so hard but he just doesn't have it.

We were out shot 13-4 :puke:

Well the online version is 200 bucks, considering the Habs are on TSN 13 times and CBC another 12-15 it works out to 4 bucks a game. That's a lot of money when the majority of the team the "illegal" version is sufficient.

Really, 200 bucks? I'm in Nashville and Center Ice was 150.00. I don't see any habs games except maybe 2 on versus. So it's well worth it for me. Last year I tried the sopcast thing and it was too hit and miss, it really pissed me off. Center Ice was my solution, I don't have to post like a mad man looking for an address that might not exist.

About the legal issues. Do what you have to do I guess, but if you don't support something you love it eventually goes away. I'm seeing that first hand here in Nashville.

On with the second.....Go Habs Go!!!!!

What a friggin joke.. Wesley falls down on his own and the habs get a penalty...

This reffing is brutal, where do they get these guys, tyke leagues?

Yeah, looked suspect. I guess we have to get used to it

Perhaps the solution to the reffing problem is to really embarrass the league. I am thinking Youtube videos of bad reffing, showing missed calls, inconsistencies, etc. Calling head office to complain has done little to date.

Yeah, looked suspect. I guess we have to get used to it

Suspect is a huge understatement. They showed the replay and he lost his edge before he got near anyone. :(

Really, 200 bucks? I'm in Nashville and Center Ice was 150.00. I don't see any habs games except maybe 2 on versus. So it's well worth it for me. Last year I tried the sopcast thing and it was too hit and miss, it really pissed me off. Center Ice was my solution, I don't have to post like a mad man looking for an address that might not exist.

About the legal issues. Do what you have to do I guess, but if you don't support something you love it eventually goes away. I'm seeing that first hand here in Nashville.

On with the second.....Go Habs Go!!!!!

Yeah apparently the NHL hasnt realized that the Canadian dollar is worth more than the American one by now.

About support, my family already has RDS at home but when im at school i use sopcast/cjad.com. Like i said, centre ice would benefit me for a maximum of 40 games, when your a student and paying for rent is challenging by february, 200 bucks for a free online feed just isnt feasible.