Spider-Man NL

10 seconds away from a 1-0 shutout WIN

|

|

|

|

\ /

2-1 OT LOSS

I could say something rational or intelligent regarding this unfortunate outcome

But since i'm f---ing pissed at the moment, i'll settle with:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

F---

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, that's all I can say. You just knew this was a game we could lose when we couldnt find that 2nd goal. The boys looked great, skated and created chances. But when you think that our last sniper was Stephane Richer, you know we have problems. For all of the hope and promising things about this team, we only got 1 goal......again. We need a goal scored like nobody's business..

Great ######ing play Komy, lets slash a guy for no reason.

Good effort, especially Higs. Well if we can't win with this effort we have a huge ######ing problem.

I for one am going to bed reasonable happy. Sure, I wished they won this, but I would take this over some of the wins where we are completely outplayed and get a few lucky bounces...

If the habs play like this every night they make the playoffs, period.

the team played a very good game, huet played a very good game, we simply do not have a legitimate top notch goal scorer We need a 40 goal scorer to make the rest of the team better. I don't know where we will find him but if this team is to succeed we MUST get a legit goal scorer. That was too good of an effort to waste. That is the best they can play but they can't score. Trade whoever but get that sniper.

the team played a very good game, huet played a very good game, we simply do not have a legitimate top notch goal scorer We need a 40 goal scorer to make the rest of the team better. I don't know where we will find him but if this team is to succeed we MUST get a legit goal scorer. That was too good of an effort to waste. That is the best they can play but they can't score. Trade whoever but get that sniper.

No instead we should wait 5 years...or 10, yeah lets go with 10. MAYBE one will come out of the farm, then we are laughing!

Be patient geez.

This really is the biggest issue with this team. We all talk about the strength of our farm system, but is there really a guy out there that we have already who could pot 40 goals?

Trivia Question, who was the last habs to have 100 points in a season and what year was it?

Answer: Mats Naslund, 1988 (That's just sad boys, sad)

The effort was there tonight, but sometimes Goalies steal games. Habs fans should know this more than anyone, how many games have our goaltenders stolen for us over the last few years? If they can put out the effort every night like they did tonight the puck will start going in.

On one hand I'm mad, but on the other hand, let's keep some perspective. Our players played well, and then a young guy, with not enough experience (Komi, I'm looking at you!) took a stupid penalty and cost us the game. Yes, we should have scored more than one goal before that, but we ran into a hot goalie. These growing pains are to be expected from a young team. At least the effort was there tonight...

Effort or not, that is one annoying way to lose a game. I went through stages during that game and reminded myself early on that the game was still far from over when we were playing amazing and wondered how it would feel if we somehow managed to squander the lead. Well this is how it feels. It feels like shit. :blink:

As for the more recent posts though, I don't think it was realllly a lack of scoring touch. The season is still young, and we have many players who can potentially have breakout seasons. We should have put this game away, but it was a blend of style, luck and good goaltending that got the best of us tonight.

No instead we should wait 5 years...or 10, yeah lets go with 10. MAYBE one will come out of the farm, then we are laughing!

Be patient geez.

osm I have no idea what your post means,but then I rarely do. we are 1 or 2 players from a cup. So we need to go out and get em if we can. We have a very good defensive club but we are short on offence I have been saying this for some time so we have to trade whoever to get it.

I for one am going to bed reasonable happy. Sure, I wished they won this, but I would take this over some of the wins where we are completely outplayed and get a few lucky bounces...

If the habs play like this every night they make the playoffs, period.

My problem is not with their effort. I am happy with the effort. But I am looking for signs of a team turning the corner.

Review this season and it looks like this:

Game 1 - Outshot and outplay Carolina in Carolina blow a 2-1 lead and win it OT

Game 2 - Outchance and outplay the Leafs in Toronto but blow a 3-1 lead and lose in OT

Game 3 - Outshot the Pens and earn a solid 3-2 road victory

Game 4 - Get destroyed by Carolina and don't take the opportunity to steal a point or 2

Game 5 - Destroy Florida and give away 2 points and settle for 1

Looking at that as an optimist you may see 4 solid efforts out of 5. A couple of bounces and the Habs could be 4-1

Looking it at as a pessimist. Here we go again. How many times have I seen this in the last 10 years.

For this team to reach the upper echelon of the NHL they MUST WIN the games they are supposed to win and THEY MUST STEAL games that they are not supposed to win.

Contrast Buffalo to Montreal. Last night the Sabres sleepwalked through 2 periods and smelled blood in the water against the Leafs and bludgeoned them into submission when allowed an opening. 15 minutes of effort to earn 2 points.

Tonight Florida hands the game to Montreal on 15 different occasions and Montreal cannot complete the handoff and chokes it up. 58 minutes of effort to earn 1 point. Florida did not steal the game, the Habs GAVE IT AWAY.

Four 3rd period leads, 1 regulation victory. Once again, another indicator of what GOOD teams do.

GOOD teams close out 3rd period leads, not piss them away.

These are huge red flags for me. I am not jumping off any bandwagons, i am not throwing up the white flag, but if this type of shit does not change the results will not change.

I knew halfway through the second the habs would not score again and that there was a good chance they would blow it in the end.

It is just the way the Habs roll over the last few years, cannot score to save their life.

Anyways.

I will be there on THursday I hope the Sens take it easy on us.

Goodnight.

osm I have no idea what your post means,but then I rarely do. we are 1 or 2 players from a cup. So we need to go out and get em if we can. We have a very good defensive club but we are short on offence I have been saying this for some time so we have to trade whoever to get it.

It's ok i'm here I will talk you through it. :)

I agree we ARE 1 or 2 players away from being a contender. My post was sarcasm.

Don't even bother with him. He is here to say I told you so.

But if you accrue enough assets from your farm they can be turned into a goal scorer.

Cultivating talent on the farm is never a bad thing.

2-1-2 and .600

but we're off to face the Sens next. Yikes.

About this 40-goal scorer, we do have some players that have the raw talent for that. I'd like to think Higgins is such an emerging talent. Kovalev is another that comes to mind.

Heck Kovy is 2 for 5, which is on pace for over 30. At least he's playing well.

*sigh*

It's ok i'm here I will talk you through it. :)

I agree we ARE 1 or 2 players away from being a contender. My post was sarcasm.

sorry i think i am just too depressed to understand sarcasm, I apologize :(

My problem is not with their effort. I am happy with the effort. But I am looking for signs of a team turning the corner.

Game 2 - Outchance and outplay the Leafs in Toronto but blow a 3-1 lead and lose in OT

Game 4 - Get destroyed by Carolina and don't take the opportunity to steal a point or 2

Looking at that as an optimist you may see 4 solid efforts out of 5. A couple of bounces and the Habs could be 4-1

Looking it at as a pessimist. Here we go again. How many times have I seen this in the last 10 years.

For this team to reach the upper echelon of the NHL they MUST WIN the games they are supposed to win and THEY MUST STEAL games that they are not supposed to win.

Contrast Buffalo to Montreal. Last night the Sabres sleepwalked through 2 periods and smelled blood in the water against the Leafs and bludgeoned them into submission when allowed an opening. 15 minutes of effort to earn 2 points.

Tonight Florida hands the game to Montreal on 15 different occasions and Montreal cannot complete the handoff and chokes it up. 58 minutes of effort to earn 1 point. Florida did not steal the game, the Habs GAVE IT AWAY.

Four 3rd period leads, 1 regulation victory. Once again, another indicator of what GOOD teams do.

These are huge red flags for me. I am not jumping off any bandwagons, i am not throwing up the white flag, but if this type of shit does not change the results will not change.

Excellent post, every word of it.

I think you've summed it all up pretty well.

For the record, I don't think the habs will make the playoffs as is, and I said that before the season.

If you want a sign of a team turning a corner, it is often losing a game where they played great. If they keep at it, they will turn the corner.

Remember last year, we were winning games by fluke, hot goaltending, and minor miracles. Everyone was happy.. I was very nervous. They didn't deserve to win many of those games and sure enough, the turned the corner... straight down....

I can guarantee you that the Panthers coaches are not happy with their team right now. they love vokoun, but they know they have to play better then that.

Carbo just need the team to keep playing that way and the wins will come. ( I am not counting on it, but I am not going to crap on them for this game, no way).

2-1-2 and .600

but we're off to face the Sens next. Yikes.

About this 40-goal scorer, we do have some players that have the raw talent for that. I'd like to think Higgins is such an emerging talent. Kovalev is another that comes to mind.

Heck Kovy is 2 for 5, which is on pace for over 30. At least he's playing well.

*sigh*

Anyway you slice it that record reads 2-3. Only in the ridiculous new NHL can you have a 2-5 record like Toronto and be one win from .500.

Don't even bother with him. He is here to say I told you so.

But if you accrue enough assets from your farm they can be turned into a goal scorer.

Cultivating talent on the farm is never a bad thing.

No I am here to say I agree with you, in the distant future one day we will harvest a franchise goal scorer........

whether any of us will be alive to see that day is another thing. :lol:

I knew like many of you the lead would be lost, we wouldn't pull it out in overtime because why score in OT if we aren't gonna bother scoriing in the previous 50 minutes? Face it, Gainey better make a move, non moves don't equal progress!

People, remember that before the season started, many of us were predicting better effort, more buy in to Carbo's system (as a result of more kids coming up through the system, etc.) but that the end result would be a marginal improvement in points? That's this year, and that's basically this game. The kids are an improvement over the vets we've gotten rid of in that they have way more potential, but they also lack experience and make a lot of mistakes and that's the trade off right there.. the key is they're learning...