Garth Murray on Waivers

Punkned

I have ot say i kinda feel for the guy, but then again, he's not the first guy to be placed on waivers. Sorry Garth, but I don't think you have the talent to be in the NHL!!!

Sucks, but i could see him coming back

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda think Murray was sent down to get some playing time. Not likely gonna see any ice with the big club unless major injuries hit. And if that does happen, Laps will probably get the call. Even young Kosti knocking at the door. Be surprised to see Murray play again with the Habs. Only injuries would necessitate that. And there are plenty of youngsters in Hamilton that would rather see with the Habs. His days are numbered. Unfortunately for him, he will probably be destined for the minors.

I kinda hope Murray was sent down to never come back again. What a waste of NHL spot experience he is when you have D'Agostini and S.Kost in the minors. Seriously guys, I don't understand why you're feeling bad for the guy. It's like : what has he done to deserve the praise? Bad on offense, bad on defense, stupid penality, lost almost all of his fights... Simply the worst player on Habs roster.

I kinda hope Murray was sent down to never come back again. What a waste of NHL spot experience he is when you have D'Agostini and S.Kost in the minors. Seriously guys, I don't understand why you're feeling bad for the guy. It's like : what has he done to deserve the praise? Bad on offense, bad on defense, stupid penality, lost almost all of his fights... Simply the worst player on Habs roster.

I think some people feel bad for Murray because he was working very hard all the time. But the NHL is the best hockey league in the world. If you're not good enough, you're out. At least, he played some games in the NHL, a feat none of us achieved...

So no need to feel bad. He worked hard, had his chance, but in the end he's just not good enough.

Have a nice AHL career Garth.

I really don't understand. Our record is 8-3-3 right now. I think at the start of the season if we would have said this would be our record at this point everyone would have been happy. Other than 1 or 2 games, I think the Habs have played very well so far this year.

People always seem to complain that Carbo moves his lines around too much, but now, even with a decent record, people are asking for a shake up?

I'll agree with you, but only if we start losing 3-4 games in a row.

Sorry to reply so late but when i say this team needs a constant shake up every time they

will think they are better than they are really. When this team wins get confortable we start lose games. Remember last year?? Everuybody was saying keep them as they are they are winning, result

losing streak, did not make the playoff. I think management has learned from their past mistake. Every time that theyre will be a slow down somebody gonna be move for a shake up. Keep players on their

edge.

There has been a lack of effort before Boston game, Murray placed on waivers what was the answer to that ?

Very thight play, some players played more physical and it seems like the message was heard.

Bégin implicated in a fight, Kots flying on the ice, Chipchura never drops energy. Komisarek blocked tons of shots. Boiuillon played with grit got smashed by a giant and played with grit again.

According to Spector Murray is being re-called from Hamilton with hopes that someone will pick him up. The Habs would then pay half his salary which would be around 600 000. This would mean 600 000 more dollars off our cap. Hmmmmmmmmm. Seems strange that Gainey would be desperately trying to create a little extra headroom in his purse for no reason.

Is Gainey looking to trade for someone that would put us right up against the cap or is it just a spring cleaning type of thing to have a little extra cash when needed?

According to Spector Murray is being re-called from Hamilton with hopes that someone will pick him up. The Habs would then pay half his salary which would be around 600 000. This would mean 600 000 more dollars off our cap. Hmmmmmmmmm. Seems strange that Gainey would be desperately trying to create a little extra headroom in his purse for no reason.

Is Gainey looking to trade for someone that would put us right up against the cap or is it just a spring cleaning type of thing to have a little extra cash when needed?

No half would be 300,000 Garth Murray does not make 1.2 million.

I think the roster spot is more important than the cash.

No half would be 300,000 Garth Murray does not make 1.2 million.

You are correct, my mistake, even less . Still.....because it 's only saving 300 000 of cap space, Is that correct? Doesn't it seem like a kid in a candy store that is a little short for the chocolate bar that he wants? So he's digging through his pockets looking for pennies so he can get it. Or am I just hoping for a big trade? Even if Carbo farts in the dressing room I'll turn it into some sort of sign that a trade is brewing........

You are correct, my mistake, even less . Still.....because it 's only saving 300 000 of cap space, Is that correct? Doesn't it seem like a kid in a candy store that is a little short for the chocolate bar that he wants? So he's digging through his pockets looking for pennies so he can get it. Or am I just hoping for a big trade? Even if Carbo farts in the dressing room I'll turn it into some sort of sign that a trade is brewing........

I really don't see this as trade prep. As you point out, the cap saving is minimal. This is really about clearing out roster spots on the big club and even in hamilton. It's also about giving Murray a chance to catch on elsewhere.

I really don't see this as trade prep. As you point out, the cap saving is minimal. This is really about clearing out roster spots on the big club and even in hamilton. It's also about giving Murray a chance to catch on elsewhere.

Which he wont!

Or at least I doubt it the only thing that is attracive is his price tag.

I agree. I seriously doubt someone will pick up murray. bob is trying to clear some room for some other rookies on the big club.

My guess is that we're stuck with murray until the end of his contract, which will end at the end of this year!

Edited by Habsfan

Yup, it's been confirmed on RDS.ca. Murray is headed to south florida.

Good move Bob. Now we've got an extra roster spot and an extra 300K. I hope they call up either lapierre or O'Byrne!

now lets just hope that murray doesn't become an effencient nhler like beauchemin or even hainsey; bob would just look so stupid !!!

good for you garth, Florida isn't the worst of places in winter time.

today we lost the biggest chin in habs history !!!

But, if Murray is in Hamilton, his contract isn't against the cap...

I suppose this is more a move to keep Murray content. He is a hard worker and I'm sure Bob Gainey respects that and this move gives him the opportunity to play in the NHL.