Crawford ordered Bertuzzi to attack Moore

Pierre the Great

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3143639

not surprised here, coach tells player to do something, he does it. Seen it before in other sports. Throwing at a head in baseball, late hit on the qb (take the penalty, he gets injured etc.), kneeing someone "accidentally" in basketball.

Darkside of sports a lot of these attacks are ordered. You know "watch out for #whatever don't let him score at any cost"

Not being a bertuzzi apologist here, although in my opinion and its happened to me in real life when I got in trouble with the po po, I was just "following orders" who got the community service hours? The guy who orchestrated everything.

Marc Crawford should be banned from coaching in the NHL for 5-10 years. Coaches who have the position of power should be held accountable.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think he aksed for some one to end Moore's career let alone break his neck. maybe a two-hander on an ankle...it made clarke a hero didn't it ??

before making an opnion, put things in perspective.

I dont think he aksed for some one to end Moore's career let alone break his neck. maybe a two-hander on an ankle...it made clarke a hero didn't it ??

before making an opnion, put things in perspective.

Exactly. I highly doubt Crawford told him to knock him unconscious with a blind side punch to the bast of the neck.

Well, surprising no. With the McSorley thing, Jacques Laperriere told him to go out and fight Brashear, not go out and whack him in the head.

It's Bertuzzi who went over the line though, can't blame it on the coach.

Damn, I was hoping this wouldn't see HW.

Leave it to PTG to beat a dead horse though. I have no comment on this subject anymore, it was 4 and a half years ago.

I was going to say the exact same thing.

I hate Moore so much he never even tried to come back from his injury.

He was at best a 4th liner and he sued for big time money.

The guy is a joke I hope he ends up bankrupt begging for money out front of GM place!

colin, you are person of authority, people tend to listen. Does a soldier not follow the orders of his or her general or troop commander? Orders are orders they come in all shapes and sizes and dogma. Not saying Bertuzzi is an innocent victim but the coach was the one that instilled the idea of relation that Moore should be punished.

I hate Moore so much he never even tried to come back from his injury.

He was at best a 4th liner and he sued for big time money.

The guy is a joke I hope he ends up bankrupt begging for money out front of GM place!

Are you kidding me?

Wow.

:puke:

The hit on Naslund was clean. Moore did nothing to deserve what he got.

colin, you are person of authority, people tend to listen. Does a soldier not follow the orders of his or her general or troop commander? Orders are orders they come in all shapes and sizes and dogma. Not saying Bertuzzi is an innocent victim but the coach was the one that instilled the idea of relation that Moore should be punished.

it's a hockey game ... not war ... a little bit of difference there. Nobody forced Burt to level Moore from behind. Burt could have very well said screw you coach and went and talked to the GM after the game.

it's a hockey game ... not war ... a little bit of difference there. Nobody forced Burt to level Moore from behind. Burt could have very well said screw you coach and went and talked to the GM after the game.

if your teacher says this paper is due on this date, and you don't turn it in on that date. What happens to you? Basic barking orders.

Just because these players are professional athletes doesn't mean they don't listen to a coach that they might respect. I don't know what kind of coach Crawford is, I'll go to the extreme here, if you're a player for bobby knight, you damn well do what he says. (granted i just used the extreme example)

depending on the coaching style, you're playing for your team, your school or in the rare cases (and I've been in these) you play for the coach.

Are you kidding me?

Wow.

:puke:

The hit on Naslund was clean. Moore did nothing to deserve what he got.

The hit Naslund was clean yeah for sure but it was predatory in nature.

The hit on Moore was dirty and disgusting.

How Moore did not even try to come back and play hockey and dragged the NHL through the dirt is just as disgusting.

I am not defending what Bertuzzi did there is no way to do so without looking like a fool but Moore is a jelly fish.

I like when people say he was "at best" a 4th liner considering the majority of the ice time he got at the time of the incident was on the 2nd line playing with some guy named Joe Sakic. Plus he was drafted in the 2nd round. I know I said I wouldn't comment but thats just one of the more common things that gets brought up that irks me.

He had the potential to be a pretty decent player, it was his rookie year. Actually, I saw his first career goal live. I went to the Calgary/Colorado game on New Year's Eve that season (so New Year's 2003) and he scored the winning goal in a 2-1 win. Peter Worrell got the first one.

Man, what the hell happened to Peter Worrell.

I like when people say he was "at best" a 4th liner considering the majority of the ice time he got at the time of the incident was on the 2nd line playing with some guy named Joe Sakic. Plus he was drafted in the 2nd round. I know I said I wouldn't comment but thats just one of the more common things that gets brought up that irks me.

He had the potential to be a pretty decent player, it was his rookie year. Actually, I saw his first career goal live. I went to the Calgary/Colorado game on New Year's Eve that season (so New Year's 2003) and he scored the winning goal in a 2-1 win. Peter Worrell got the first one.

Man, what the hell happened to Peter Worrell.

Was waiting for you to get drawn back in to say that, lol.

it's a hockey game ... not war ... a little bit of difference there. Nobody forced Burt to level Moore from behind.

Exactly. I saw Crawford's quote, and he didn't say "go hurt this guy so he never plays again." He said, "this guy needs to pay." That means you check him hard and fight him. No clear thinking person takes that to mean sucker punching a guy at the base of the neck in an attempt to cause serious harm.

doesn't matter, when someone tells you to hurt someone, you then go overboard to "make sure" the person is truly injured. I'm shocked nobody is picking up on what I'm saying. its like the confederacy of the dunces going on over here lately. lol oh got to add that book to my list.

Edited by Pierre the Great

if your teacher says this paper is due on this date, and you don't turn it in on that date. What happens to you? Basic barking orders.

Just because these players are professional athletes doesn't mean they don't listen to a coach that they might respect. I don't know what kind of coach Crawford is, I'll go to the extreme here, if you're a player for bobby knight, you damn well do what he says. (granted i just used the extreme example)

depending on the coaching style, you're playing for your team, your school or in the rare cases (and I've been in these) you play for the coach.

Come on ...

You've to do something like that only because the coach told you to do so (although Crawford surely never told him to end his career)?

What should the coach do if Bertuzzi isn't doing it? Suspend him? Trade him? Beat him?

Yea, you play for your coach but that doesn't mean that you've to do everything what you're told - as someone said, it's not war out there, you can't compare it.

The same with school - you're never told to do such crap.

my take:

-hockey is not war, but it about as close as it gets in major sports

-the coach is the boss, team players do what their coach tells them to

-if a player goes out on the ice and tries to hurt someone, there is no sure way of controling just how badly they will hurt them