Arguments for Defending Carbo?

markierung

Kovaqlev usually misses the net on the shootout. Koivu is the best shootout guy on the team, and i think his shot might have gone in, how could the ref see from behind the net? I think it should have at least been reviewed.

Kosty had another great game, so he deserved his shot, and pleckanec got us there. thats why those three shot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koivu is the best shootout guy on the team, and i think his shot might have gone in, how could the ref see from behind the net? I think it should have at least been reviewed.

The overhead shot on TSN was pretty good...look like the puck was laying on the line...didn't make it over.

Latendresse played well with Koivu last season, but hasn't got more than a few shifts with him this season. Maybe if they had 2-3 games together, they would develop some interesting chemistry, no?

I'd go even further than that, and say that he should play Koivu, Higgins and LAtendresse at least 10 games together. Latendresse has the size and strength that koivu's Line DESPERATELY needs!

I'd go even further than that, and say that he should play Koivu, Higgins and LAtendresse at least 10 games together. Latendresse has the size and strength that koivu's Line DESPERATELY needs!

the callup of another scoring forward and the apparent chemistry between lats and chips makes this move seem unlikely (although I think such a move would make sense).

Rather then spew opinion, here are some facts...

Last year Koivu was number 1 in the shootout for the habs, Kovalev was very close behind him.

This year, Koivu is number 1, but he is only 2 for 6, so statistically there is not much info.

Over the last 2 years, pleks is 1 for 7

Over the last 2 years, Higgins is 1 for 7

Lats has never scored in the shootout, although he only had one attempt.

Only Koivu and Kovalev have had any real success in the shootout. Kovy tends to score when he shoots, instead of dekes. He has been trying to deke a lot this year. His one goal was the result of him shooting. :) Last year, he typically came in and just shot it in the net, stick side.

Rather then spew opinion, here are some facts...

Last year Koivu was number 1 in the shootout for the habs, Kovalev was very close behind him.

This year, Koivu is number 1, but he is only 2 for 6, so statistically there is not much info.

Over the last 2 years, pleks is 1 for 7

Over the last 2 years, Higgins is 1 for 7

Lats has never scored in the shootout, although he only had one attempt.

Only Koivu and Kovalev have had any real success in the shootout. Kovy tends to score when he shoots, instead of dekes. He has been trying to deke a lot this year. His one goal was the result of him shooting. :) Last year, he typically came in and just shot it in the net, stick side.

Of note, Lats did score on a penalty shot last year on Emery, and it was a thing of beauty.

Was that the only chance the Habs had that game?

I believe is was... although the I guess the play that drew the penalty shot could be considered a chance too lol.

Kovalev is our most dangerous weapon in the shootout because he can do it all. Then it's Kostitsyn because he's basically a baby Kovalev. Then it comes Koivu who's been very successful except he only has one move and everybody knows about it now. Denis even said he knew that that was Koivu's favourite move so he got ready for it. Has Koivu ever scored using a different move? Probably once or twice out of a lot of opportunities. The next best would be Plekanec who's a baby Koivu. :) Plekanec is another guy who can both stickhandle and shoot which makes it tough on opposing goalies to figure out what he's going to do. There's no sense looking at stats to see how good you are in the shootout. It's basically luck, so if you're 1-7 or 2-7 it really doesn't prove whether you're better than someone else or not.

What we need to do is to stop deking and start shooting. Kovalev should be walking in slowly and wristing it in. In 05-06, he scored like that every single time, same for Dagenais.

What we need to do is to stop deking and start shooting. Kovalev should be walking in slowly and wristing it in. In 05-06, he scored like that every single time, same for Dagenais.

I've noticed that whenever a player comes in very fast at the goalie, his chances of scoring are much better. When a player skates in slowly, the goalie has more time to react, therefore his chances of stopping the puck, increase. Just look at the shootout against the lightning. The only player to score came in at full speed. All the others came in slowly and were stopped!

I've noticed that whenever a player comes in very fast at the goalie, his chances of scoring are much better. When a player skates in slowly, the goalie has more time to react, therefore his chances of stopping the puck, increase. Just look at the shootout against the lightning. The only player to score came in at full speed. All the others came in slowly and were stopped!

Coming in slowly limits your options. When you come in at a reduced speed the goalie is able to react to the deke more effectively.

The odds of you beating him along the ice are reduced. So your options are roof it or 5 hole.

The elite skill level guys can score like that, but the majority of players cannot.

When you come in with speed you allow yourself all options. My 2 cents

True. Look at Sundin. He always come top speed and goalies never know what he's gonna do. And Sundin got nice dekes and nice shots, so... good luck. IMO, Sundin is the best 1on1 player because he comes full speed.