Justin Williams out 4-6 months

InsaneHABSfan

Associated Press Dec 21, 2007, 4:25 PM EST RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -Carolina right wing Justin Williams will miss at least four months after tearing a knee ligament, general manager Jim Rutherford said Friday.

Williams, an All-Star last season who is fifth on the team with 30 points, tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during the first period of Thursday's 5-4 loss at Florida.

The team will schedule surgery next week, and Williams is expected to miss 4-6 months.

Before the injury, Williams had played in 205 consecutive regular-season games dating to March 27, 2004, the fourth-longest streak in franchise history.

Williams, 26, has nine goals and 21 assists this season.

Source NHL of course :hockey:Link

I don't like feeling good about a talented player being injured in such a fashion. But when that player high-sticked my captain, albeit accidentally, I prefer to view it as karma. Still, I hope he recovers in the designated 4-6 months.

I'll never understand the hatred of Williams. Sure, I can understand the occasional booing, I did it myself when he was in Columbus. But to be pleased that he is injured? That's just ridiculous. It was an accidental play. End of story. Now if you wanna wish harm on, say, Kyle McLaren, then go right ahead. But stop holding a grudge against a freaking accidental play.

I am starting to see why Spider-manNL left the board for a time out.

Where in the news item I posted did I say I wish him injured? I think this is just pathetic that people on here assume I would want someone injured. And to think others on here are obsessed about JW is just wrong as there are no threads to hang the guy. Maybe I won't shed a tear, so what?

If this is how people react to a news item, I will refrain from even posting any more news items. I thought it would be general interest that a team that we may catch for a better playoff spot(they may not finish first in their division) lost an important player and all I get is crap that I want guys injured or I am obsessed. And from people who I thought were better than this on the board.

I should just post somewhere else where I am only called an @ss or troll instread of getting a chartacter assasination here.....

Bye!!!!! :blink::blink::wacko::wacko::angry:

Where in the news item I posted did I say I wish him injured? I think this is just pathetic that people on here assume I would want someone injured. And to think others on here are obsessed about JW is just wrong as there are no threads to hang the guy. Maybe I won't shed a tear, so what?

If this is how people react to a news item, I will refrain from even posting any more news items. I thought it would be general interest that a team that we may catch for a better playoff spot(they may not finish first in their division) lost an important player and all I get is crap that I want guys injured or I am obsessed. And from people who I thought were better than this on the board.

I should just post somewhere else where I am only called an @ss or troll instread of getting a chartacter assasination here.....

(psst, no one said your name when referring to the Williams obsessed. At no point should you have assumed you were being accused. However, I'll help you out as far as character defamation...)

InsaneAVSfan eats babies!

For the love of God, don't let what others say influence you so much. Personally, I'm a big believer in karma...and I'll state for the record that I'M GLAD SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO JUSTIN WILLIAMS. Also, if Todd Bertuzzi ever suffers a career ending injury, I WILL BE THRILLED ABOUT IT.

No matter how many other board members slag me for a comment, I won't back down from it and I won't apologize; that's the way I feel and I don't give a rat's behind what anyone else thinks of me for feeling that way. We're all entitled to our feelings, thoughts, and opinions....and I hope others on this board will continue to express themselves without worrying about reprisal. Don't ever let a smartass or two silence you.

Edited by sbhatt

For the love of God, don't let what others say influence you so much. Personally, I'm a big believer in karma...and I'll state for the record that I'M GLAD SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO JUSTIN WILLIAMS. Also, if Todd Bertuzzi ever suffers a career ending injury, I WILL BE THRILLED ABOUT IT.

I would love to know how you can put those two situations in the same context. Bertuzzi = blatant attempt to injure, Williams = purely accidental contact, the kind that happens every single game, usually without injury.

I would love to know how you can put those two situations in the same context. Bertuzzi = blatant attempt to injure, Williams = purely accidental contact, the kind that happens every single game, usually without injury.

Ultimately, if you're carrying your stick high...it's your fault if it clips someone, intentional or not....it's still a karma thing....

BUT

I wasn't trying to equate the two incidents....I was just sort of adding that in to illustrate that I'd not back down from being happy over Bertuzzi being hurt because a few people on this board are sympathetic towards him.

So, do you wish harm upon Alfredsson for blinding Berard's right eye?

It was Hossa, not Alfredsson.

I really have a problem with guys who can't keep their sticks down...but during the act of shooting the puck...it's a little bit different. Hossa was follwing through on a shot. Williams was not.

Are your serious?? Wahahah thats just toooo funny.

You should read the thread better cuz other people were celebrating. hahaha. NOT YOU!!!

Never like to see players get hurt.

Good news for all the middle of the pack east teams though.

Right On !!!! It helps the Habs, my fantasy pool and gives a little return to Habs fans for Saku...

Ultimately, if you're carrying your stick high...it's your fault if it clips someone, intentional or not....it's still a karma thing....

Exactly, if you carry your stick high and it hurts someone you should be held accountable as it is your fault! Bring on the lawsuits!!!!

I have a scar under my left eye from where I was clipped with a stick. Maybe I should look the guy up who did it and hand him a subpoena! He didn't mean to scar me but his actions caused it and we all should be held accountable for our mistakes, right Mr Moore's lawyer?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Exactly, if you carry your stick high and it hurts someone you should be held accountable as it is your fault!

Williams wasn't even carrying his stick high, though. Williams was trying to lift Koivu's stick. Thus, he used enough force to lift the stick of a guy holding his stick on the ice. Then Koivu moved his stick, so there was no resistance when Williams lifted his stick. Without that resistance, the stick went high and caught Koivu in the eye. I see no difference between that and the Hossa/Berard incident.

Williams wasn't even carrying his stick high, though. Williams was trying to lift Koivu's stick. Thus, he used enough force to lift the stick of a guy holding his stick on the ice. Then Koivu moved his stick, so there was no resistance when Williams lifted his stick. Without that resistance, the stick went high and caught Koivu in the eye. I see no difference between that and the Hossa/Berard incident.

Either do I. But I also see no difference between the Bertuzzi incident and the Neely career finisher as they were both intentional. My point is only that these don't belong in court, or they do, can't have it both ways. The only arguement I ever hear for the suit against Todd is he hurt someone and should be held respomsible. even though he didn't intend to mame the guy. Just as if I hit someone with my car by accident. If that is the case, all accidental injuries where a person can be held at fault could end up in court. That is crazy and if it happens hockey or the facimile there of, will really suck.

On a simular note, a 14 yr old girt that went to my daughters school was killed last year in a crosswalk up the road from me. A 70 something man in a pick-up didn't even slow down as he didn't see her. No charges were laid and the family didn't sue as he never intended to hit her. he just made a mistake and was very sorry. Once again I was proud as hell to be a Canadian. In the states he would have hung.

Moorer's lawyer should go back to Colorado, assuming that is where he is from. This is Canada, accidents are accidents and what happens on the ice should stay on the ice. Again, Bertuzzi was an idiot for what he did and in a way it has cost him his carreer. How much would he be making in the NHL now if this had never happened? If he wins the suit with Moore should he counter sue for loss of potential wages? Should he sue Crawford if he was following orders? Where does the end? From the situation in America, as a Canadian, I say it doesn't. American lawyers and justice system are foul.

Don't leave. Why? this is overreacting and come on character assassination? I've been "character assassinated" countless of times on here but I don't let it bother me, because its a message board.