Going for the kill

bar

The habs didn't play back, using only their defensive players in the last 3 minutes of the game again the caps on tuesday. I for one, am impressed by this.

The caps bemoan about lack of respect shown their way. They are professionals, this isn't PeeWee, everyone play nice hockey. Same can be said about all sports, its a job, you're paid a ton of cash (league min is way more than what doctors, fire fighters, nurses, policeman man), suck it up and not let it happen.

If any respect was not shown it was by the caps and not playing to the very end.

The habs didn't play back, using only their defensive players in the last 3 minutes of the game again the caps on tuesday. I for one, am impressed by this.

The caps bemoan about lack of respect shown their way. They are professionals, this isn't PeeWee, everyone play nice hockey. Same can be said about all sports, its a job, you're paid a ton of cash (league min is way more than what doctors, fire fighters, nurses, policeman man), suck it up and not let it happen.

If any respect was not shown it was by the caps and not playing to the very end.

huh? :unsure:

Haha...ok I should have linked the article from the front page. (Titled: Habs Face Fuming Capitals)

The caps are apparently pissed that the habs tried to embarrass them by scoring that 4th goal late in the 3rd period, and then after that still going strong til time ran down.

It was just some random thoughts that bugged me about athletes today and their claiming no respect when the other team plays hard from start to finish.

Haha...it's a slow day at work, needed to pass time, so I thought I'd rant.

Ah yes... the issue of "running the score".

I never could get that. I don't think it's unsportsmanlike to "run the score" in the sense that you don't stop playing even after you've technically won.

Unsportsmanlike would be not giving your 100% the whole game.

So if you play against a poor opponent and you're winning, what, are you expected to lower your skill level? Intentionally make mistakes? Just dump the puck and never go after it? What if your opponent dumbs their skill down further, will you match that and play worse? Silly. Give it your 100% all the time and if you lose 2-3 then so be it, at least you tried. If you win 5-3, great. If you win 12-0, great, and maybe the other team needs to stop sucking.

Is it your fault if you do well?

I figured we tried to score in the final minute to practice our drill. Guess the Caps haven't seen us try to come from behind as the clock runs out. If they had they would understand.

Tell you the truth, i don't have any problems with what the Habs did Tuesday night.

True, they were leading 3-0 with 3 minutes to go, but I've seen teams score 3 goals in less than a minute. So Anything can happen.

Had the score been 8 - 0 with 65 seconds left, I could understand. But like someone else said earlier, this is not the PeeWee league. This is the Fvc.king NHL! Suck it up and be a man!

I think they played hard to the very end to get Huet the donut, cause sometimes when the habs are up a couple goals they back off the gas and give up too many chances.

1) best defense is to keep the puck in the other end.

2) Also, IIRC, they had the Koivu line out, which needs to get going and this was a good opportunity.

3) The final buzzer had yet to ring, so you keep playing.

I've always felt it's the team at the losing end of a lopsided score who was disrespectful. The Habs went into that game wanting to play some hockey, so it's a bit of a letdown when the other team doesn't even put in the effort. Not that the Caps did that, I think they put up a great fight, they just couldn't score. But in general, I find it's a lack of respect that come into a game and let the other team walk all over you.

I had to go back and read that article. What the "F" is that all about. I liked Victor Kozlov..................until I just realized he has a big TWAT in between his legs. They were trying to embarrass us, What? We'll remember this.....it's still fresh in our minds. Double What?

Boys.......I am floored! I hope the Habs win 10-0 tonight so Kozlov and his bird can really have something to remember.

I'm pissed!!!!!

Alfie is on the shelf for probably 2 games - maybe more. This is our chance to catch up and we can ill-afford to drop important games like tonight if we want to pass Ottawa.

And, running up the score is a fallacy. A playoff berth or which playoff slot you end up in can be decided as a tie breaker by the GF/GA goal differential. OF COURSE YOU ALWAYS SCORE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN :blink:

Imagine if we tied Ottawa for 1st and fell to 4th because they beat us in the differential. Imagine Saku saying, "Yeah, we could have won the division had we continued to score against the Caps on January 29th. But we didn't because we didn't want to embarrass them".

What a bunch of bull.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Alfie is on the shelf for probably 2 games - maybe more. This is our chance to catch up and we can ill-afford to drop important games like tonight if we want to pass Ottawa.

Especially since Heatley is making a lightning-fast recovery, and has been cleared for contact drills already.