Game Thread | Habs vs. Lightning | 12/02/08

Cataclaw

I didn't see tampa's first goal, was it a nice goal, or was it weak by Huet?

HUet has now allowed 5 goals in his last 13 shots...not very impressive. He had better get his sh.it together for the last two periods.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh.. was going to blame Huet on that second one, but it deflected off a leg and he was screened.

Our defensive coverage has to improve. Only Komi seems to get when to block, when to chase, and when to get the hell out of the way so the goalie can see it.

If you are going to run out at the shooter standing up like Markov just did (straight out from Huet), you better block it, because you are screening the goalie. Worse, deflections are probably going in.

Begin does it right, he goes down so the goalie can see and the on ice play is taken away. ...

Sigh.. was going to blame Huet on that second one, but it deflected off a leg and he was screened.

Huet saw that puck all the way. Watch the replay, you can see his head following it the whole time.

HUet has now allowed 5 goals in his last 13 shots...not very impressive. He had better get his sh.it together for the last two periods.

I would say a weak goal as Huet let a bad rebound out on the shot which dropped just behind him for an easy tap-in. Definitely not Huets best first period. Was hoping he was gonna come out strong after the debacle Saturday night vesus Ottawa.

The first shot was weak. It was a tough shot, but he let is sneak through between his arm and body and as usual, the opposing player got to the rebound first.

Huet saw that puck all the way. Watch the replay, you can see his head following it the whole time.

It went off Markov, from what I saw, he only saw it after that... tough... all I saw in the replay was him weaving his head back and forth trying to find it.

I do believe however that if a defencemen does what Markov did, skating our straight at the guy, he better block it.

This team is weird. They seem to have a ton of offensive confidence (at least one line does), yet they seem to be lacking defensive confidence. Need to tighten up some, starting in goal and out.

I would say a weak goal as Huet let a bad rebound out on the shot which dropped just behind him for an easy tap-in. Definitely not Huets best first period. Was hoping he was gonna come out strong after the debacle Saturday night vesus Ottawa.

Thanks I just saw the replay on RDS, and I agree it was a weak goal bu Huet. C'mon Christobal, wake up!

2 Shots this period.. Huet has settled down some and made a few saves.. now the team needs to step up and put a little pressure on Tampa...

they seem to get these hail mary goals and then sit back waiting for it to happen again instead of working their butts off to get a goal.

Not a good sign.....I've been impressed about how we have bounced back from bad games this year. I thought this was a sign that our team had changed. I'm not seeing this the last 2 games now, particularly tonight. Scary.

It was a pretty shoddy 2nd period by the Habs. They seem to be standing around quite a bit. When they skate, they are very dangerous, but not much skating in the 2nd. Lucky to get out of the period tied. Maybe they can get a quickie on the PP.

Would have to agree that that Habs miss Hammy a great deal. He really settles down the 2nd pairing, takes the body well and makes lotsa good simple plays. Makes it alot easier for his partner.

The Habs need to get more out of the Koivu line and the Laps line. Higgins did get the first goal, but otherwise the line has been very quiet.