The Official 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Captain_Stealth

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colorado has lots of young talent, so trading a first for such a good player is worth it. Just think of all the expiring contracts the AVS have after this season. Theo is looking good and with good D in front of him will help.

Just getting Sakic back, Foppa coming back makes the AVS a much stronger team. Now if Blake comes back what a reunion!

Oh, I know the addition of Foote is huge and it's not an overpayment if we make the playoffs. 15th OA or higher for Foote though is too much IMO. You're right though, our prospect depth definitely allows for a deal like this.

watch the avs not make the playoffs. holy molly the mountains are going to shake..

WOW, what made the great one stray from the Lizard Lounge to grace us with his Hockey Knowledge... :lol:

Just kidding with you Pierre; what makes you think the mountains will shake if the AVS miss the playoffs? It would be no fun for AVS fans, however I do believe with Sakic and crew coming back the AVS will make the playoffs.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

WOW, what made the great one stray from the Lizard Lounge to grace us with his Hockey Knowledge... :lol:

Just kidding with you Pierre; what makes you think the mountains will shake if the AVS miss the playoffs? It would be no fun for AVS fans, however I do believe with Sakic and crew coming back the AVS will make the playoffs.

PTG just enjoys overhyping things.

I'm not taking the bait.

colorado= mountains

always equated the avs with mountain men, since they're the hockey team of the rockies. (in the states)

I just don't think these second tours of duty for former avs are going to work. lol

Except Foote has been one of the best Blue Jackets all year.

You barely follow your own team, quit analyzing mine.

which team? anyone can be a pundit. lol

canucks finally won a game and the masses of fair weather folks around here (minus folks like stealth) see the team as background music to an evening of drinking. I rather be outside, thinking about the world and all its problems.... of course

Pierre, Foote has been one of the top Blue Jackets all year, he's 2nd on the team in +/- and is one of the few guys in the +'s on a team largely in the minus. We've got some young guys who need tutoring and having a Foote-Hannan pairing is the shutdown pairing this team needs.

Then you add one of the most creative players in the history of the game to the worst PP in the league and it can only improve from there. Both sides of the special teams just got a shot in the arm.

On top of that, we've added Joe Sakic, Ryan Smyth and Paul Stastny all within the past week. You're basically the only person in the world who managed to put a negative spin on Foote and Forsberg which speaks volumes. And what has dissapeared from our roster?

Absolutely nothing.

Which team? I was inferring Vancouver. Don't you even dare pretend to be a Habs fan.

There, my PTG post of the day after simonus urged me on. :P

Pierre, Foote has been one of the top Blue Jackets all year, he's 2nd on the team in +/- and is one of the few guys in the +'s on a team largely in the minus. We've got some young guys who need tutoring and having a Foote-Hannan pairing is the shutdown pairing this team needs.

Then you add one of the most creative players in the history of the game to the worst PP in the league and it can only improve from there. Both sides of the special teams just got a shot in the arm.

On top of that, we've added Joe Sakic, Ryan Smyth and Paul Stastny all within the past week. You're basically the only person in the world who managed to put a negative spin on Foote and Forsberg which speaks volumes. And what has dissapeared from our roster?

Absolutely nothing.

Which team? I was inferring Vancouver. Don't you even dare pretend to be a Habs fan.

There, my PTG post of the day after simonus urged me on. :P

You're stacked for sure, but I just don't think it's going to work. I know its worked for you guys before but who knows.

Jezus fvc.king christ. What a waste of a day. WE give up Huet, and don'T improve the team. What the fv.ck does this say to the players and the Fans?