Price rookie of the Month March

carey31price

Congratz, I guess, but this is a sort of meaningless award. I guess it must be cool for a rookie to find out he was one of the 3 stars of the week though.

• 1 month later...
Carey Price

NHL rookie of the Month for March.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/249105.html

You think he gets any Rookie of they Year buzz from this?

I mean he steps in and replaces the starter on a division leader and then goes on a tear with a ton of pressure on him.

Not like there is a 80 point rookie out there. I mean, has he not had more impact than Kane or Backstrom?

Edited by Wamsley01

You think he gets any Rookie of they Year buzz from this?

I mean he steps in and replaces the starter on a division leader and then goes on a tear with a ton of pressure on him.

He might get a nomination but I doubt he gets a sniff at the win.

He should, but I agree he won't win it. But how important is it when Andrew Raycroft has one and Gretzky does not.

I believe Cary Prices receives more than a sniff for Rookie of the Year. I believe one more win and he ties Patrick Roy's first year number of wins. His impact on the success of the team compared to the impact of the other rookies on their team is greater.

I'd like to se the kid win the Calder, but I don'T think he played in enough games to get a serious shot at winning.

maybe if he wins the last 2 starts and lowers his GAA to under 2.50 and increases his Save% to .920...he might get some consideration, but i still don't think he'll win it!

This post with the thread title made me confused.

Damn changing of the title!

Just means I was one of the guys who knew all along Price would be the starter come April.

He played amazing agian vs. Toronto. Gainey is not looking that bad anymore eh!

In my opinion he never did I have been asking for Huet to be delt since November.