2 young goalie prospects: PRICE....HALAK

HabsWEST

One a high draft pick...The other a low draft pick that has surprised and exceeded expectations..

One is Getting all the opportunities given his recent success in Juniors...One is being overlooked because of the high investment.

Lets look at here stats:

AHL 2007/2008:

PRICE:

AHL Total: 10 26 580:52 249 6-4-0 2,69 0,896

LAST 5 GAMES in AHL

January 23, 2008 vs. Lake Erie Monsters* 1 2 65:00 16 W 1,85 0,875

January 25, 2008 vs. Quad City Flames* 1 4 60:00 33 L 4,00 0,879

January 26, 2008 vs. Syracuse Crunch* 1 2 59:01 35 L 2,03 0,943

February 1, 2008 @ Manitoba Moose* 1 1 65:00 21 W 0,92 0,952

February 2, 2008 @ Manitoba Moose* 1 0 60:00 25 W 0,00 1,000

NHL TOTAL:

26 71 1506:34 781 12-9-3 2,83 0,909

HALAK:

AHL Total: 27 56 1570:11 788 14-8-4 2,14 0,929

LAST 5 GAMES in AHL:

February 16, 2008 vs. Lake Erie Monsters 1 0 29:27 22 W 0,00 1,000

February 17, 2008 @ Rochester Americans 1 1 59:49 34 W 1,01 0,971

February 19, 2008 @ Iowa Stars 1 2 60:00 36 W 2,00 0,944

February 20, 2008 @ Quad City Flames 1 1 60:00 26 W 1,00 0,962

February 23, 2008 vs. Houston Aeros 1 2 62:52 37 OTL 1,92 0,946

NHL TOTAL

18 10 6 0 952 45 488 2 2.84 .908

As you can see the NHL totals are almost identical, and Halak has edge in AHL stats..

HALAK deserves an opportunity..

All things equal, both goalies at both the AHL and NHL have the same team in front of them, so easier to compare...WHY is Price getting the chance:? Because of his draft status...

If we look at stats above, what is difference between them??? Does Rollie see something? we dont? The Stats dont lie!!

LETS GET HALAK SOME GAMES AT NHL THIS YEAR!! with Montreal

I agree that Halak deserves an opportunitiy, but your stats comparison is pretty meaningless, considering Jaro's NHL games were a year ago, and there's no use comparing Price's AHL time in January with Jaro's in February.

Anyways, like it's been said, one of our three goalies may be gone by Tuesday.

Due to the salary cap, Montreal will have Halak and Price next year. No sense in giving Huet $4 million as he is not a true #1 goalie.

Montreal needs scoring, big centre or two, get rid of dead weight and develop their young talent. Huet will be with the Habs for the stretch run, and a free agent next year. Lots of cap room to lock up guys like K-REX and spots should open up for Halak and Chipchura.

Honestly, I said it when he got called up before. Ha lak him ha lot.

I want to see more of this guy. He impresses me each time. Had a few bad ones last year, but then he seemed to settle in nicely.

He deserves a shot. Plain and simple. He is owed it for last year, and his limited time this season. He may be the answer. Finishing the year taking the Dogs back to the payoffs would not hurt Price, IMO. He isn't quite ready, but oh so close and has a good 15 years infront of him if the knees hold out.

I just got back from the Marlies/Dogs game. The Dogs won 3-1.

Halak was solid, but unspectacular, pretty easy night for him as he only faced 15 shots.

The one goal he gave up I imagine he would like to have back, but he stopped a couple of breakaways

and had solid rebound control.

Grabovski scored 2 more goals and Chips was the 3rd star. Apparently Waddell was at the game,

so the next couple of days could be interesting.

Halak was solid, but unspectacular, pretty easy night for him as he only faced 15 shots.

The one goal he gave up I imagine he would like to have back, but he stopped a couple of breakaways

Grabovski scored 2 more goals and Chips was the 3rd star. Apparently Waddell was at the game,

Ahhh CRRRR@PPPP Why oh why did Chipchura have to be a star. You guys do realize he is a player we will want on the Habs for many, many years...... And Waddel is no dummy!

Ahhh CRRRR@PPPP Why oh why did Chipchura have to be a star. You guys do realize he is a player we will want on the Habs for many, many years...... And Waddel is no dummy!

I don't think gainey will deal Chips. But I don't know if Waddell is that smart.

I still don't know why he traded Coburn for Zhitnik and that disastrous Tkachuk trade.

If you were an NHL gm, would you make the move for Grabs? Did he look above and beyond at the game? Maybe more a prospects question, but who else looked good out there?

Brilliant timing for his hot streak, in terms of trades.

Streit, Ryder, Huet, Grabs, Valentenko and a pick for Tanguay and Hossa; Chips up, Higgins on his wing w/ Latendresse.

Go Habs!

Worst nightmare for Montreal, They make a trade for Hossa, then Montreal Loses HOSSA to Free agency in summer...

Could you imagine losing a guy like Chipchura, Grabvosky, Halak, and a roster player like Higgins for a 2 month Rental, WOW...

After being a Montreal Fan all my life and still a loyal Montreal Fan after moving out west, ( ROY TRADE was bad enough) but this would top that...

I know Gainey wouldn't risk it all to expose the team... COULD YOU IMAGINE in 4 years we all crying we need a player like Higgins or Chipchura, or if Price doesnt fulfill his lofty expectations and Halak becomes another Vokoun...Halak is the wild card that adds depth and insurance to Montreal's future goaltending. Not Huet.

SOMETIMES BEST DEALS YOU MAKE ARE THE ONES YOU DONT MAKE!!!

PLEASE BOB, dont do it!!! will regret it....

Edited by HabsWEST

Bob will make a well-calculated risk and I don't expect any serious blue-chippers to go. A high draft pick, along with roster guys like Ryder and Streit is much more likely. Remember, our GM doesn't get swept up in the mindless frenzies that consume lesser mortals at these key times. (Which is why so many people were pissed at him last year).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

If you were an NHL gm, would you make the move for Grabs? Did he look above and beyond at the game? Maybe more a prospects question, but who else looked good out there?

Brilliant timing for his hot streak, in terms of trades.

Streit, Ryder, Huet, Grabs, Valentenko and a pick for Tanguay and Hossa; Chips up, Higgins on his wing w/ Latendresse.

Go Habs!

Grabs wasn't dominant by any means. But he had his moments. Chips just is in control at all times.

Both games I have been to he was the best player on the ice in all aspects of the game.

One of Grabs goals was an empty netter.

I doubt Gainey trades Chipchura.

Do we know it was him or the owner saying DO IT!!!!

No we don't, but it isn't like the guy has put together a great team. Considering all the time they

spent at the bottom of the league they sure are average.

Kovalchuk was a no brainer and Heatley fell to him because Mad Mike is an idiot. After that I am unimpressed.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr001790.html

Not exactly a stellar draft record and not exactly an amazing trade history. So I am not going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt

No we don't, but it isn't like the guy has put together a great team. Considering all the time they

spent at the bottom of the league they sure are average.

Kovalchuk was a no brainer and Heatley fell to him because Mad Mike is an idiot. After that I am unimpressed.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr001790.html

Not exactly a stellar draft record and not exactly an amazing trade history. So I am not going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt

Sounds like Chipchura should be called up. We need a player like that even more than we need a scoring machine.

Sounds like Chipchura should be called up. We need a player like that even more than we need a scoring machine.

I would much rather see Chips out there than Slowinski. I love the intelligence and control he plays with.

I would be shocked to see him trade a guy that most likely reminds him of himself.

I would much rather see Chips out there than Slowinski. I love the intelligence and control he plays with.

I would be shocked to see him trade a guy that most likely reminds him of himself.

Yeah, what the hell is Brian doing here? Gahhd, I guess he's better at face-offs than Chips, but in every other aspect of the game he's worse.

There is no doubt in my mind that Chips brings much more to the table than Smokes.

Smokes is old, slow, hardly looks like he wants to compete physically, and does very little to help the Habs.

Chips is young, not fast, looks ok defensively for a rookie, and has some potential. Even if he plays 10-12 minutes per games it would add to the club.

However, Smokes has a no-trade and even if our wishful thinking says, waive the useless Schmo, BG has too much class to do that. I'm pleasantly surprised that Carbo has scratched Smokes a few games lately. Maybe a preview of playoff time.

Chips reminds me more of Skrudland than Carbo. He's got more power then Carbo did. But anyways that's not really what you are talking about. :unsure:

Chips reminds me more of Skrudland than Carbo. He's got more power then Carbo did. But anyways that's not really what you are talking about. :unsure:

I loved Skrudland, it was great to see the 86 Habs last night. I think Lucien Deblois and Sergio Memesso ate Kjehl Dahlin

Edited by Wamsley01

I loved Skrudland, it was great to see the 86 Habs last night. I think Lucien Deblois and Sergio Memesso ate Kjehl Dahlin

I wasn't sure since my wife was making me flip channels, but was Mats Naslund there. The guy I saw looked just like his old self.....did not age a bit. If it was tell that f**cker to go get his skates we need him. Gainey looked like he hadn't skated in a while. :lol:

I wasn't sure since my wife was making me flip channels, but was Mats Naslund there. The guy I saw looked just like his old self.....did not age a bit. If it was tell that f**cker to go get his skates we need him. Gainey looked like he hadn't skated in a while. :lol:

Yeah, Mats was there. Knuckles still looked the same as well