Game Thread | Habs vs. Senators| 13/03/08

KoZed

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you whod like to watcha good movie, Glengarry Glen Ross is playing on Bravo right now.

It's these kind of games that make me realize that this team doesn't have what it takes to make it far in teh playoffs! We can't even beat a bunch of bitches ike the hens!

pathetic!

For those of you whod like to watcha good movie, Glengarry Glen Ross is playing on Bravo right now.

It's these kind of games that make me realize that this team doesn't have what it takes to make it far in teh playoffs! We can't even beat a bunch of bitches ike the hens!

pathetic!

Doesn't take much for you to jump off the bandwagon...

This is a young team still in progression.

Wamsley, how you can even watch this on Sportsnet right now, down 3-0 is beyond me. You must be a very patient man.

I have been watching Lost for the last 40 minutes LOL

I come back and see we have Lost

Ugly, ugly, ugly loss...

... but a good lesson and motivator.

First time they hvae been out of a game from beginning to end in a long time.

Isles, Blues, Bruins, Bruins. Should be able to take 3 of 4

That is what we said last time....

The Habs treat these guys with too much respect.. .

Komisarek and Hamrlik have to abuse Spezza down low. He will back down and become

a non factor. Same goes with Heatley. Get physical with them.

Wamsley, how you can even watch this on Sportsnet right now, down 3-0 is beyond me. You must be a very patient man.

I can't believe I made it through the 60 minutes of "soft chip" talk. Man, those commentators were HORRIBLE.

I can't believe I made it through the 60 minutes of "soft chip" talk. Man, those commentators were HORRIBLE.

They might as well call the players Alfie, Heats, Spez and Gerbs the way the do the game.

Hi guys.

Crappy loss... disappointing after 4-0 win over NJ. :(

So what's going on with the servers? I came on at 7am to make the game thread, 8am, then noon, then 2pm, then had to go to class and didn't get back till now, didn't even get to make the thread, and i had it all prepared and sitting waiting for the post. Sigh.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a daily problem!

Eh, it was a loss, we were outplayed, but it's not the end of the world. As I said before, the main difference was in front of the net. Each of the goals was scored in close, while we didn't manage a tip or rebound until the third. But like Macaskill (I think) said, the Sens capitalized on their chances, but they were pretty lucky. Those weren't the types of plays that succeed often, batting the puck out of midair and perfectly placed tips. It could have been a closer game, and only God knows how we didn't put the puck past Gerber on that third period powerplay.

Our defense needs to be tougher and tighter. That's where the Sens had us. With our lineup, Komisarek has to be a monster for us to have success in a playoff atmosphere. He wasn't quite there tonight, along with the other guys. Kovalev had a decent game, but Plex doesn't seem completely himself yet. Maybe the game against the Islanders, who he's good against, will help get him back on track. Koivu didn't play very well, but I saw heart. He wasn't the Koivu of midseason who seemed like he didn't care about being there, he was throwing hits and trying his damnedest. It didn't work out that well but if it continues then we'll see good results.

Overall, we lost but it's no big deal. 2 out of 4 points against the Devils and Sens isn't too bad. And, despite their recent slumps, the Sens are still the team that made it to the finals last year, and with Gerber playing as well as he did tonight they are the favourite in the East.

Jersey is tied with us, trying to go ahead. In OT

Brodeur is standing on his head in OT

######, Jersey passed us in the standings. Brodeur stole 2 points

Edited by Wamsley01

Doesn't take much for you to jump off the bandwagon...

This is a young team still in progression.

Some Habs fans make me laugh so hard. Too many of the posters on this board (and probably all boards) expect the team to win every game and turn on them like rabid dogs when they lose the odd one. Yep, tied for first in the northeast and one point out of first in the entire east just isn't enough for some people it seems :rolleyes: I see talk like this and it makes me wonder why I even bother with fan boards :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GO HABS GO! We'll get em next time.

Some Habs fans make me laugh so hard. Too many of the posters on this board (and probably all boards) expect the team to win every game and turn on them like rabid dogs when they lose the odd one. Yep, tied for first in the northeast and one point out of first in the entire east just isn't enough for some people it seems :rolleyes: I see talk like this and it makes me wonder why I even bother with fan boards :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

GO HABS GO! We'll get em next time.

Exactly...

This team was planned to be a contender for the Centennial next year. We're way ahead of schedule.

Exactly...

This team was planned to be a contender for the Centennial next year. We're way ahead of schedule.

Considering where the expectations were a month and a half ago some people are getting carried away.

They have not really played well since the beginning of the road trip yet managed to compete in every single

game, be it by great goaltending, great special teams or hard work.

They didn't bring a great effort tonight, but like I posted earlier if Spezza's bank hits the side of the pad and goes wide

maybe it stays 1-0 into the third. Ottawa was better, but Ottawa had fortune tonight.

All the Habs need to do against the Sens is manhandle the top line. Take liberties, run them, rough them up and

see what happens. When Philly roughed up Spezza what did he do? He speared a guy. If it doesn't work, on to plan

two. Even though everybody thinks Ottawa is a sleeping giant, I am not afraid to face them in the playoffs.

That goaltending will be exposed and the rough stuff has intimidated that team for 10 years. Sure they got to the finals

last year, but they beat the Pens, Rangers and Sabres. Not exactly the Broad Street Bullies. Now will Montreal play physical?

That is the question, if you try to run and gun the only chance you have is Carey Price stealing some games.