The Detroit Red Wings win the 2008 Stanley Cup

I think this is the worst I've ever done predictions wise, I'm 5-7 (although technically I should be 6-6. I picked Colorado only because I was a fan)

My stupid cat is kicking my ass at 8-4

:lol:

How does your cat make predictions? Do you hold two pieces of paper out, and the one it attacks first is it's pick?

Edited by Captain_Stealth

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 8-4 now. I can't believe I'm tied with your cat.;)

:lol:

How does your cat make predictions? Do you hold two pieces of paper out, and the one it attacks first is it's pick?

Close, I put treats on the two pieces of paper. Whichever he goes to first is his pick. If he'd gone with the Flyers, he would've had the entire second round right.

And on the flip side, I managed to successfully pick every single loser in the 2nd round.

Close, I put treats on the two pieces of paper. Whichever he goes to first is his pick. If he'd gone with the Flyers, he would've had the entire second round right.

And on the flip side, I managed to successfully pick every single loser in the 2nd round.

I was 7-1 for the first round. 1-3 the 2nd. Meh. These playoffs are boring me now. *deep sigh*

I was 7-1 for the first round. 1-3 the 2nd. Meh. These playoffs are boring me now. *deep sigh*

5-3 and then 0-4. *sigh*

I've gone with a Detroit/Philadelphia final, haven't done my cats picks though. He gets grumpy when you wake him up, haha.

5-3 and then 0-4. *sigh*

I've gone with a Detroit/Philadelphia final, haven't done my cats picks though. He gets grumpy when you wake him up, haha.

What an awesome cat.... :lol:

He took the safe bet and went with a Detroit/Pittsburgh final.

Detroit/Philly would be mine as well.

Carter, Richards, Lupul, Umberger, Upshall, Hartnell etc. Great young forward core there. *drools*

Can't believe I stayed as long as the second OT ended and had to work at 7:00 AM AST.

all that for nuthin' :lol:

Ugh, I'm so sick of waiting for this round to begin. Why can't they just begin right after a round ends? Why must they schedule as if they are assuming a series will go seven games? Creates such a lull.

Anyways, go Penguins! I almost always root for the team that knocks my team out of the playoffs, but Philly is just one of those team that i can't root for.

Ugh, I'm so sick of waiting for this round to begin. Why can't they just begin right after a round ends? Why must they schedule as if they are assuming a series will go seven games? Creates such a lull.

Anyways, go Penguins! I almost always root for the team that knocks my team out of the playoffs, but Philly is just one of those team that i can't root for.

Penguins = the choice of the bandwagoners. May they lose in hell.

GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!

May Sidney Crosby never get his name on the Stanley Cup.

Go Philadelphia...I'm pretty sure I listed them as one of my favourite teams in that old 5 favourite/5 hated teams topic so it makes sense to cheer for them anyway. I cheered for them because of Keith Primeau and Michael Handzus though

May Sidney Crosby never get his name on the Stanley Cup.

Go Philadelphia...I'm pretty sure I listed them as one of my favourite teams in that old 5 favourite/5 hated teams topic so it makes sense to cheer for them anyway. I cheered for them because of Keith Primeau and Michael Handzus though

Handzus has turned into shit. Crow might have a big part in that though.

The second they drafted Jeff Carter/Mike Richards was when I put them on my fav's list. Just to watch every now and then of course. Maybe if Sakic does retire we should throw an offer sheet to Carter. *evil laugh*

Handzus has turned into shit. Crow might have a big part in that though.

The second they drafted Jeff Carter/Mike Richards was when I put them on my fav's list. Just to watch every now and then of course. Maybe if Sakic does retire we should throw an offer sheet to Carter. *evil laugh*

Zeus was part of my offseason plan last year. I had the Avs trading Arnason (lol) and signing Zeus as his 3rd line replacement along with Hannan and Smyth. And then dropping Theo and signing Garon.

Zeus was part of my offseason plan last year. I had the Avs trading Arnason (lol) and signing Zeus as his 3rd line replacement along with Hannan and Smyth. And then dropping Theo and signing Garon.

At the time Zeus would have been awesome no doubt. I tend to think it was Crow using him strictly as a defensive centre when he was around but he's still not making me feel any better in aquiring him. If we sign a defensive centre, hopefully we can nab Peca. Or just make the most annoying line ever. Ruutu-Avery-Lappy. Yea, I'm just joking. :lol:

I'd like Avery on the team but I have to draw the line somewhere. And it's being drawn at Ruutu, the scum.

(for defensive centers, I'm still throwing around the idea of bringing Yelle back. His skating is a little worse now but he's still fantastic on the PK)

I'd like Avery on the team but I have to draw the line somewhere. And it's being drawn at Ruutu, the scum.

(for defensive centers, I'm still throwing around the idea of bringing Yelle back. His skating is a little worse now but he's still fantastic on the PK)

Yelle's another and so is Curtis Brown. Those are the 3 I keep thinking about.

BTW, Ruutu is hilarious to have around. You just hate him so much because he played for Vancouver all those years. I bet you'd feel the same way if Avery had played for Vancouver.;)

It's truly official that this is Crosby versus Richards! Philly needs Briere, Umberger or someone to make up for the Malkin factor. Could Philly win without Timmonen? I doubt it. Biron seems somewhat suspect on both goals. I give him a pass on the first because Sykora did a beaut' drag to screw up Biron. Top shelf open net. Nice move and I'm sure TSN will have it on the honour roll for sure!

What a bore Dallas is. In almost every aspect of the games, Dallas has failed to adapt Especially on puck possession. Earth to Tippett - "All players MUST treat the puck as if it's GOLD".

But, it's too late. What a boring west final. Stars are out of gas and low on players.

At least the Penguins Flyers series has some mustard to it.

Go Pens. I might as well go on their bandwagon. Not the Wings again :( They'll win unfortunately :angry: