Pay some respect to the B's

rafikz

Every team has good and bad fans.

I have been to fenway as an fan of the road team and had a great time.

This wasn't just a few fans...this was three rows deep and ten fans wide. I don't know if some local frat houses had a block of seats and an outing or what, but they were all complete jerks...ranging in age from 19-25 I'd guess. And everyone around them just chuckled at their behaviour, making them just as bad. If I was at a Habs game, and a guy wearing a Habs jersey started to verbally assault an elderly man wearing the other team's colors to that degree, I'd stand up and tell said Habs fan to sit down before I knocked him down (even if the old guy was rocking a Leafs jersey). I think most at the Bell centre would too; I'd like to think we'd have more class than those scumbags I encountered in the bleachers at Fenway. Maybe when you went, the most hateful of the bunch weren't out...but they sure were out in droves to boo Barry Bonds.

Speaking of Lucic, anyone else here think we were getting a player like him when we drafted Latendresse (only a bit more offence)?

Shame really

In case you hadn't noticed, but Lucic finished the season with 8 goals. Latendresse score twice as much.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell you why I'll never respect Boston sports fans:

I went to Fenway for a Giants game this past summer. Never in my life have I encountered such drunken degenerates...I mean absoulute scumbags. The bleacher bums were harassing almost anyone with Giants gear on...and I don't mean the run-of-the-mill smack talking. I mean they were screaming obscenities up close and in person at women, smaller guys they thought they could intimidate, and even a couple of senior citizens. One gal had her baby with her at the game, when she walked by these bums they started an 'ugly baby' chant. One black guy with a Bonds jersey went by..the lowlifes started a 'KKK' chant!?!?! Also, I'd like to add that I was wearing Giants gear...and not a one said anything to me. Maybe has something to do with the fact that I'm 240 pounds jacked, and they didn't want to antagonize someone that might actually kick the living shit out of them for doing so? Even having numbers on their side, they didn't mess with me...instead they went after the women and old people. COWARDS...DEGENERATES...BUMS. That's my experience with Boston sportsfans...and they get ZERO respect from me.

The fans can be brutal in Boston, but this thread is about respecting the team and players, not their fans.

In case you hadn't noticed, but Lucic finished the season with 8 goals. Latendresse score twice as much.

I would take Lucic over Lats any day of the week though.

Other than goals he is better than Lats at everything.

Both will be good players but Milan could be GREAT.

You forgot the Celtics in the NBA (but they are not going to win a title anyway)

I like the Celtics and Rondo as their young talent. The guys on the team are likeable and I have a huge respect for the majority of Celtic fans as I have learned quite abit about basketball back inthe 70s from them.

It is funny that most of my friends are either Leaf or Bruins fans and they are REALLY GOOD PEOPLE! My brother is a Leaf know it all, however I did get him to go to a few Sabres games with me to show him life does continue outside of the centre of the universe.

If I had to make a guess, I would say 80-90% of Boston fans are great people that like to badmouth us loudmouth Habs fans. :lol: Its all in good fun as long as everyone gets along in the sandbox.

The B's are a lot like we were a couple years ago when we had Julien (go figure). Let me tell you this, they aren't as talented as the 2002 and 2004 squads, but they work harder. They haven't hit their upward trajectory yet, but they've at least started on the right path. When Rask comes up, Lucic starts scoring 20+ and Kessel breaks through they'll be very dangerous. Krejci is also a good cog for them.

Julien will have to be fired eventually, though. Probably next year.

Lucic vs. Komisarek over the long haul will be awesome. And Lucic will win his fair share of those battles, like it or not.

I'd love it if Montreal and Boston were the top 2 teams in the division (and two of the best in the whole NHL) for a LONG time.

It'd be nice for them to have Bergeron too!

The B's are a lot like we were a couple years ago when we had Julien (go figure). Let me tell you this, they aren't as talented as the 2002 and 2004 squads, but they work harder. They haven't hit their upward trajectory yet, but they've at least started on the right path. When Rask comes up, Lucic starts scoring 20+ and Kessel breaks through they'll be very dangerous. Krejci is also a good cog for them.

Julien will have to be fired eventually, though. Probably next year.

Lucic vs. Komisarek over the long haul will be awesome. And Lucic will win his fair share of those battles, like it or not.

I'd love it if Montreal and Boston were the top 2 teams in the division (and two of the best in the whole NHL) for a LONG time.

I would pay them respect by throwing them out of the series this Thursday.

Their youth and big guys are interesting but their upper management made some

weird move over the years.

Trading youth for Manny Fernandez 4.5milllion 2007.

Trading Thornton for Sturm , considering they lost Brad Stuard and Primeau the year after.

Trading Brad Boyes(43 goals this year) who was a 1st round pick for Wideman a 8th rounder. Wideman is

ok but they could had much more than that.

In 2005 they signed Zhamnov 4m, he has score 1 goal for them.

In 2005 they signed Murray 4m, he never reached 30 goals without Thornton.

I would not be surprise if they trade Kessel over the summer.

I would pay them respect by throwing them out of the series this Thursday.

Their youth and big guys are interesting but their upper management made some

weird move over the years.

Trading youth for Manny Fernandez 4.5milllion 2007.

Trading Thornton for Sturm , considering they lost Brad Stuard and Primeau the year after.

Trading Brad Boyes(43 goals this year) who was a 1st round pick for Wideman a 8th rounder. Wideman is

ok but they could had much more than that.

In 2005 they signed Zhamnov 4m, he has score 1 goal for them.

In 2005 they signed Murray 4m, he never reached 30 goals without Thornton.

I would not be surprise if they trade Kessel over the summer.

8 Goals as a rookie....with the Bruins.

That's like Latendresse getting 16 goals (again ....le sigh) on the highest scoring team in the league huh?

Besides, no one fears getting the puck out of the corners when "Tenderness" is floating close by.

That's like Latendresse getting 16 goals (again ....le sigh) on the highest scoring team in the league huh?

Besides, no one fears getting the puck out of the corners when "Tenderness" is floating close by.

There is still some hope, but I always thought Latendresse would be our Milan Lucic. He started out like him but faded quickly. I wonder what Latendresse's problem is? I heard his Dad still drives him to and from games, maybe that should stop and let the kid be free to discover himself. Who knows. I hope he's watching and learning though.

There is still some hope, but I always thought Latendresse would be our Milan Lucic. He started out like him but faded quickly. I wonder what Latendresse's problem is? I heard his Dad still drives him to and from games, maybe that should stop and let the kid be free to discover himself. Who knows. I hope he's watching and learning though.

I think the whole Rob DiMaio hit is still in the back of his mind.

I would take Lucic over Lats any day of the week though.

Other than goals he is better than Lats at everything.

Both will be good players but Milan could be GREAT.

I agree Lucic is impressive, but if we are still around these boards in 5 years, we'll have the same discussion at that time. Only then will we be able to say who is the better of the two!

Give him some time. The kid averaged 12 minutes per game, with absolutely NO PP time.

Look around the league. try to find another forward on a 3rd or 4th line who averaged 12 minutes a game who scored 16 goals. You won't find a single one. Let's not forget that most good rookies, usually have a bad year the second time around (the sophomore jinx), yet Latendresse scored just as many goals as in his first season. I say that is pretty good for a 20 year old.

Why don't you ask Rob Dimaio about Latendresse! :rolleyes:

The kid is slowly starting to feel more and more comfortable on the ice. He also dropped the gloves 3 or 4 times this year (which is very good) and he is improving his skating skills.

Even though Lucic is a better skater than Latendresse, I think Gui has a way better slap shot.

Edited by Habsfan

Give him some time. The kid averaged 12 minutes per game, with absolutely NO PP time.

Look around the league. try to find another forward on a 3rd or 4th line who averaged 12 minutes a game who scored 16 goals. You won't find a single one. Let's not forget that most good rookies, usually have a bad year the second time around (the sophomore jinx), yet Latendresse scored just as many goals as in his first season. I say that is pretty good for a 20 year old.

Why don't you ask Rob Dimaio about Latendresse! :rolleyes:

The kid is slowly starting to feel more and more comfortable on the ice. He also dropped the gloves 3 or 4 times this year (which is very good) and he is improving his skating skills.

Even though Lucic is a better skater than Latendresse, I think Gui has a way better slap shot.

Have you seen him throw a single hit as hard as he hit Dimaio since that day?

Me either.

Lats skating has much improved, but why not hit someone with some new found speed for a change.

Kostopoulos and Begin dream of having Lats size so they could do more, maybe it's time somone told him.

Have you seen him throw a single hit as hard as he hit Dimaio since that day?

Me either.

Yes I have, I just never got to see who it was that he hit.

I still can't get over some of you. The kid has 2 seasons under his belt, he's 20 years old, and we are already bitching and complaining like little girls ;) . I said it before, and i'll say it again, it takes longer for big guys to develop. We'll have this conversation in 3 years, then we'll see if you still think he's soft!

I still can't get over some of you. The kid has 2 seasons under his belt, he's 20 years old, and we are already bitching and complaining like little girls ;) . I said it before, and i'll say it again, it takes longer for big guys to develop. We'll have this conversation in 3 years, then we'll see if you still think he's soft!

Just soo you know I love Latendresse.

I just believe that Lucic brings more to the table.

I could see Latendresse scoring 30-35 goals easily.

But I don't believe he will be as physical a force as Milan.

Just soo you know I love Latendresse.

I just believe that Lucic brings more to the table.

I could see Latendresse scoring 30-35 goals easily.

But I don't believe he will be as physical a force as Milan.

Well, Lucic is a bigger guy! (6'4" vs. 6'2") They both weigh about 225pds.

Was he not the guy that had his career ended by Latendresse?

Yes he was.

I was thinking it was someone on the Flyers, and that it was a clean hit.

I think the hit was clean as well

just a head shot.

I think that sometimes Latendresse holds back becuase he does not want to really hurt guys.

I think that sometimes Latendresse holds back becuase he does not want to really hurt guys.

That wouldn't surprise me!

Quite the opposite actually.

Everytime someone says anything negative about a player or his game it automatically turns into (insert the above bold statement here )

relax, there are better players in the league then just the Habs ;)

I think the hit was clean as well

just a head shot.

Yeh, I think that pre-season hit he delivered a few years back against the Lightning really spooked him.