Reality Check

TheAussiePosse

Todays happy stat (hope it actually means something) is that back on April 17th, 1986 the Hartford Whalers were down 3-1 to the Habs in the series and game 5 was in Montreal too. Hartford won 4-1 in that contest. We all know the rest of that story. :)

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

i swear, I think I'm the only one not concerned.

Colour blind maybe. Red Flags are popping up everywhere. They may still win the series, but they have not lived up to their number 1 ranking.

Price has been great at masking some abysmal performances. The longer the big line does not produce the more the natives will get restless.

i swear, I think I'm the only one not concerned.

I wish I had your faith. But the Habs needed this wake-up call, and I'm optimistic that they will come out and play their game on Saturday.

I wish I had your faith. But the Habs needed this wake-up call, and I'm optimistic that they will come out and play their game on Saturday.

I also believe they'll win, but I don't think they'll blow the Bruins out of the water. I expect another tight game...2-1 Habs. What else can we expect when a no-talent team plays the trap!?

Edited by Habsfan

Well, you know a team's got problems when the best forward line is the #4 one. The #1 line has not produced much with the exception of occasional bursts from Kovalev (looking at Plekanec and Kostitsyn to actually get something going), and don't get me started about the supposed #2 line of Higgins, Kostitsyn and Ryder...those guys have looked out of place every time they are on the ice. Higgins simply looks terrible at C.

Even if the Bruins are clogging the netural zone, Montreal should be handily outplaying them on special teams. Or at least on the powerplay alone. Instead, it looks like the best powerplay in the league during the regular season is the worst powerplay in the league when it really counts.

I agree with what several others have posted - the team is looking to Price to steal the game and do the dirty work for them, and that's not going to happen. He can't score goals for the team, anyway.

Chara is hurt. If they come out flying, and fly for the full 3 periods, they will win. Don't ease up on Chara out of respect though. Don't try to kill him, but they avoided hitting him yesterday. It's a contact sport. It would be nice to not have that big body on the right side.

Colour blind maybe. Red Flags are popping up everywhere. They may still win the series, but they have not lived up to their number 1 ranking.

Price has been great at masking some abysmal performances. The longer the big line does not produce the more the natives will get restless.

i take in a bunch of factors,

a. look how bad the wings are playing

b. bruins are in our division, yeah we beat them all year, but they do know how to play us

c. habs just need to come out with intensity and they'll be fine

d. don't buy into the hype the mclean and cherry crowd who are pro-bruins about 'are the habs too young still'

i take in a bunch of factors,

a. look how bad the wings are playing

b. bruins are in our division, yeah we beat them all year, but they do know how to play us

c. habs just need to come out with intensity and they'll be fine

d. don't buy into the hype the mclean and cherry crowd who are pro-bruins about 'are the habs too young still'

a. I can't tell you if the Wings are playing well or not as I have not watched that series for more than a period at a time

b. When you beat a team 10 in a row you tend to be overconfident, which has lead to a half ass effort.

I still don't think the Bruins are doing anything new. The lack of re-adjustment is my concern

c. I have been waiting for them to do this since game 1. They have not been able to sustain intensity for more than a period at a time

d. It should be easy to get young players to play hard. I don't think the habs are losing because they are too young.

Last game really discouraged me because of the lack of effort. It is the 2nd time this series in which they had an opportunity to bury the Bruins and

instead of kicking sand on their carcass they went for a 40 minute pleasure skate.

They can still win the series because Price has shown he is capable of stealing a game at anytime. But I will be shocked if it is not a struggle to

the finish. They are also laying the groundwork for a future gameplan for other opponents.

They better get used to what they are seeing, because until they adjust and change gears they will see it over and over.

Time for Pleks, Kostitsyn and HIggins to grow some stones and lead this team.

I like your confidence! Especially seeing as the highest scoring team in the league has been stifled and held to just 3 goals in 3 games. The Fvc.king trap is killing our offense. Jacques Lemaire should be shot for inventing such a horrible way to play such a beautiful game!The Boys need to work on the PowerPlay, it's the key to our success. Score 2 or 3 goals on the PP tomorrow, and we win the game.

OMG!!!!!

THE IRONY!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

a. I can't tell you if the Wings are playing well or not as I have not watched that series for more than a period at a time

b. When you beat a team 10 in a row you tend to be overconfident, which has lead to a half ass effort.

I still don't think the Bruins are doing anything new. The lack of re-adjustment is my concern

c. I have been waiting for them to do this since game 1. They have not been able to sustain intensity for more than a period at a time

d. It should be easy to get young players to play hard. I don't think the habs are losing because they are too young.

Last game really discouraged me because of the lack of effort. It is the 2nd time this series in which they had an opportunity to bury the Bruins and

instead of kicking sand on their carcass they went for a 40 minute pleasure skate.

They can still win the series because Price has shown he is capable of stealing a game at anytime. But I will be shocked if it is not a struggle to

the finish. They are also laying the groundwork for a future gameplan for other opponents.

They better get used to what they are seeing, because until they adjust and change gears they will see it over and over.

Time for Pleks, Kostitsyn and HIggins to grow some stones and lead this team.

The team is fine, they just had 2 and a half bad games out of 5 so far. game 1 great, game 2 not so but found away to win, 3 bad, game 4 perseverance, game 5 really bad. They're a young team and this is predictable and they're without Saku.

They'll win game 6.

The team is fine, they just had 2 and a half bad games out of 5 so far. game 1 great, game 2 not so but found away to win, 3 bad, game 4 perseverance, game 5 really bad. They're a young team and this is predictable and they're without Saku.

They'll win game 6.

Hey I hope you are right. I have faith that they will win the series, but I think it is going to be stressful for us while they do it.

I have had faith in this team for a long time, as they seem different this year and have bounced back all year. But every game that goes by, I start to worry more. The effort really hasnt been there. Even when we lost game 3, the boys really didnt bounce back. We got outplayed and relied on Price to win.

Last night it looked like the Bruins were ready to roll over and die, and we played like we didnt even care IMO.

Part of me says we are the better team and have bounced back all year....true. But if we havent upped the tempo by now, 5 games in, I'm not 100% convinced we can do it next game. Then game 7 is a crapshoot.

I like our position up 3-2, but we cant honestly say we deserve to be in this position. Hopefully things change.....QUICKLY. God knows we have the ability.

I hope our Boys will show up tomorrow and give the Bruins a real lesson on how Hockey is supposed to be played. I hope they kill the bruins and the game finishes 8-0! humiliate the Bruins in front of their dumb-ass fans!

Edited by Habsfan

I have had faith in this team for a long time, as they seem different this year and have bounced back all year. But every game that goes by, I start to worry more. The effort really hasnt been there. Even when we lost game 3, the boys really didnt bounce back. We got outplayed and relied on Price to win.

Last night it looked like the Bruins were ready to roll over and die, and we played like we didnt even care IMO.

Part of me says we are the better team and have bounced back all year....true. But if we havent upped the tempo by now, 5 games in, I'm not 100% convinced we can do it next game. Then game 7 is a crapshoot.

I like our position up 3-2, but we cant honestly say we deserve to be in this position. Hopefully things change.....QUICKLY. God knows we have the ability.

To me that was the most alarming thing. The Bruins played 30 minutes like they were ready to go shop for Taylor Made's.

Even after they tied it the Bruins lacked urgency. With an 80% effort the Habs would have won that game.

They totally mailed it in. And that really concerns me

They totally mailed it in. And that really concerns me

Can you really be surprised?

Every time the Habs have had some success (like coming close to the Sens, or the 1st in the East), they sat back and mailed in a game or two.

Just one of those old bad collective habits the coaching staff has to break.