NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 and a quarter? Not really.

He can easily step into Brunette's spot. He's quicker then Brunette and plays the same kind of role. Plus he's got a chip on his shoulder and should add some feistiness to the lineup that Colorado has basically never had. This is the same reason I wanted Colorado to sign Sean Avery. Stick him alongside Staz or Sakic (if he re-signs) and I'm willing to bet he puts ups 25-30 goals.

(and it's hard to care when you're playing for a Toronto team that just doesn't give a crap about anything)

Flames fans are gonna be pissed, they all really wanted Tucker.

That actually isn't bad. I read it as 4.5 million a season. It makes more sense now.

Ottawa has signed Alex Auld to a 2 mil/ 2 year deal (1 mil a year)

That actually isn't bad. I read it as 4.5 million a season. It makes more sense now.

Haha, I kind of thought so.

Yeah, 4.5 mil would be insane for him. According to TSN it's 2.2 this season and 2.3 next. Not bad at all.

Ottawa has signed Alex Auld to a 2 mil/ 2 year deal (1 mil a year)

Haha, I kind of thought so.

Yeah, 4.5 mil would be insane for him. According to TSN it's 2.2 this season and 2.3 next. Not bad at all.

Dammit, Murray did something smart :angry:

Nice move!

I must admit I dont know that Finger guy the Leafs signed. What are his strenghts/weaknesses?

I must admit I dont know that Finger guy the Leafs signed. What are his strenghts/weaknesses?

Hard to say when he's only played one full season in the NHL. :S Not sure was Fletcher was thinking... Someone must be on the way out.

He's kind of like Liles with a little less offensive ability and a little more defensive ability. He still classifies as an offensive d-man though and really only found his game the last few months of the season and in the playoffs. A great guy to have on your 3rd pairing but I wouldn't really give him any special teams time (maybe some PP time should injuries arise). He's not very physical but is positionally sound.

The signing is kind of reminiscent of the Sarich contract Calgary gave out last year.

EDIT: And since Ek's E4-E5 stuff seems to be on the mark today, he's got Khabibulin being traded to Los Angeles as an E4 and Edmonton signing Hossa as an E4

Edited by jetsniper

I've liked Edmonton's moves today... but that Stoll + Greene deal for Visnovsky... :puke:

Chicago supposedly entering the Campbell sweepstakes (per Ecklund, so who the hell knows)

I hate the money that Campbell seems to be commanding, but he would be a great pickup for Chicago. I might actually get to see some really good hockey live this year.

Chicago supposedly entering the Campbell sweepstakes (per Ecklund, so who the hell knows)

I hate the money that Campbell seems to be commanding, but he would be a great pickup for Chicago. I might actually get to see some really good hockey live this year.

CHI would have to clear some cap space to sign Campbell. 8.9 left with 2 roster spots open. Doesn't help that they've got 12.3 committed to G.

Visnovsky is an amazing player.

I thought the deal worked well for both teams. EDM's PP will be a force this year.

Yes, Edmonton did well. Suposedly they are in the Hossa sweepstakes as well. E4

Khabibulin i read was getting moved to the kings to clear up space for Campbell / Huet

Yes, Edmonton did well. Suposedly they are in the Hossa sweepstakes as well. E4

Khabibulin i read was getting moved to the kings to clear up space for Campbell / Huet

Khabi loves the sun would be a nice fit for him.

And since Ek's E4-E5 stuff seems to be on the mark today, he's got Khabibulin being traded to Los Angeles as an E4 and Edmonton signing Hossa as an E4

A number of his e4 and e5 stuff has been posted after Sportsnet has already posted a confirmed deal.

This may not be the forum but he is a former habs. I cannot believe that Chicago is paying him 5.65 mill for 4 years.

Good for Chysto wall but that is insane. imho.

A number of his e4 and e5 stuff has been posted after Sportsnet has already posted a confirmed deal.

Ah, see, I thought that might be the case.

I think Kolzig is going to be brought in as a back up ... Mike Smith should be the starter with Kari Ramo going back to the AHL for more work.

I just read on Sportsnet that Smith is being shopped around the league now that Kolzig has signed. I guess Olie is going to be the starter.

:blink:

I just read on Sportsnet that Smith is being shopped around the league now that Kolzig has signed. I guess Olie is going to be the starter.

:blink:

That would be kinda dumb ... I mean isn't that why you traded Richards ? to get a young goalie ? Kolzig is 37

Campbell signed an 8 year deal for 7.1 mil/season according to Bobby Mack, unconfirmed though.

EDIT: TSN just confirmed Tampa is shopping Mike Smith. It's like GMs are battling to be the worst.

Edited by jetsniper

Campbell signed an 8 year deal for 7.1 mil/season according to Bobby Mack, unconfirmed though.

WOW

7.1 mill might look okay for the first few year but when he is 35 and his speed is gone what will he be good for.

He actually got less per year than I tought he would. I tought he would get close to the 8 digits in that crazy market.

Also, according to TSN, the 'Nuck are the ones who offered 10M yr / 2 yrs to Sundin.