-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

I love the new single, Snow,it's my favourite of the album

Today listening to Carla Bruni - Quelqu'un m'a dit

its not new its on the newest album...song number two...the first song i new the words too great song altough i think hes singing about cocaine (thats why i never tought it go on the radio)

Does anyone here like grunge??? i love grunge

Nirvana, Mudhoney, Stone temple pilots, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam

Pretty much just Nirvana for me. Pearl Jam is decent but for the most part, I'm not fond of them.

I've had The Quiet Place - In Flames playing all morning. :blink:

grunge is awsome music ....too bad it only lasted a decade...i got every nirvana cd...live shows and the silver casing that come out last year

yeah same, i got every Nirvana CD, and some bootleg stuff, its amazing :clap:

grunge is awsome music ....too bad it only lasted a decade...i got every nirvana cd...live shows and the silver casing that come out last year

Was it a decade? I thought it started in 90 and ended in 96, thats when the boy/girl bands started taking over. We got the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys and N'Sync all within a year of each other during 96-97.

Ick.

I only listen to Nirvana out of that bunch. I also like Silverchair, but only their early stuff is considered "grunge."

Was it a decade? I thought it started in 90 and ended in 96, thats when the boy/girl bands started taking over. We got the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys and N'Sync all within a year of each other during 96-97.

Ick.

Yeah and then Biggie shot Tupac and Tupacs people shot Biggie and then Diddy or whatever he's calling himself now turned rap into a party and ever since Raps been king in america. Pathetic.

Diddy's a big dud.

I won't bash rap because there are some rap artists I like. But there are even more rap artists I despise.

amen to that!!! i like story rap....earlier outkast did this a lot....and old snoop...i dispise money rap...singing about money cars and hoes....its disgusting....especially songs like...slap her with a dick and girls dancing joyfully...i understand the french girls not understanding....but the american girls?

lol

or shake your laffy taffy or booty booty booty booty booty by ying yang twins. Hell I could come up with a rap song these days, it probably takes a day for these so called 'artists' to create an album. Rap is in its Hair Metal stage. Something is going to 'blow it up' Hair Metals demise came from Nirvana and the Grunge scene. Rap's demise I don't know yet but don't laugh I think it will be Coldplay type bands.

There was coldplay then they got big.

No you've got Keane

Snow Patrol

The Fray

James Blunt

and so on.

These people are now becoming top 40 hits not just adult rock hits.

I mean look at Snow Patrol. Album opened with little fan fair except for fans of the band (myself) then "Chasing Cars" a song thats so sad and depressing it can make anyone cry gets played on Grey's Anatomy and BOOM they haven't left the itunes most downloaded song in months.

In other words suburbian teens have found something they like more then rap.

Don't forget all the poser Emo kids out there who are making bands like Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco and My Chemical Romance incredibly popular.

Speaking of MCR, album is out on Tuesday. I was surprised to see it's a concept album.

eh, those are fad bands they'll always be around they'll morph into something for all the wannabe punks in the inner city eventually.

First you were a bad ass if you listened to Blink 182. But to be honest these bands are pushed by girls. Heck I don't even know guys who are like Fall Out Boy all the way! The dudes era was in the 80's with all the hair bands.

Now if you're a guy and are into music you mainly look past the commerical crap.

Don't forget all the poser Emo kids out there who are making bands like Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco and My Chemical Romance incredibly popular.

Speaking of MCR, album is out on Tuesday. I was surprised to see it's a concept album.

where did you see this on the main page?? if your a fan what do you think of the song the black parade? i found it so so

where did you see this on the main page?? if your a fan what do you think of the song the black parade? i found it so so

I read about it on Wikipedia. It's supposed to be about some guy with cancer, I think. Black Parade is ok. It's grown on me atleast, I used to hate it. Still won't stop me from buying the CD because I didn't like I'm Not Okay either.

Yeah SnowPatrol is really getting big, just because of the hit single "Chasing Cars", in a way its a shame cuz they have so much more great music. Final Straw is a Kick ass album.

I noticed it when i went to the concert the other week. Everybody could sing the song "Chasing Cars" but didnt know the rest of the numbers. Made the atmosphere less enjoyable.

all my CDs are in a box ready to be moved. I only kept two Vulgaires machins albums. gets me going while I'm painting.

all my CDs are in a box ready to be moved. I only kept two Vulgaires machins albums. gets me going while I'm painting.

In the beginning i liked painting, but then it was so much. I was getting nuts. One day i was painting with a friend of mine, i dunno what they put in that paint. But i was so happy, i laughed my ass of! (it was woodpaint, no waterbase but oil base)

In the beginning i liked painting, but then it was so much. I was getting nuts. One day i was painting with a friend of mine, i dunno what they put in that paint. But i was so happy, i laughed my ass of! (it was woodpaint, no waterbase but oil base)

hehe i redid the floors when i moved with some friends...we had offered to do it to the landlord cause he was cool to let three young guys rent the house....all i can say is i was drooling and could barely move...we had forgotten to open the windows...lol...forget weed...go with crystallized floor varnisher...never again lol

Edited by habs_in_the_blood