-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

I've seen Pennywise and Flogging Molly in the Melkweg. WHat an Atmosphere indeed. Huge Pit in front of the stage, and saw a guy stagediving from the balcony. Stagediving is an art since i saw Pennywise there, guys make the most sick moves jumping into the crowd. I was lucky i was not completely at the front :D

So now im very excited about going to Paradiso, heared many great stories (it's an old church isnt it?)Great acoustic

Paradiso is indeed an old church. The acoustics are just fine, no echoes or anything.

Anyone else have favourite concert venues they'd like to share?

I saw to concerts in the Amsterdam Arena, thats a huge soccer stadium. First concert i saw there were the Peppers, but it was full of echoes. Terrible.

Last summer the hung up some plates under the roof that should fix it. So after that i saw Robbie Williams there (yeah i know, but it was still cool ;) ) and the sound was just fine.

The best venue i've been to is the "Heineken Music Hall" just across the Arena. It's said that it has the best Acoustic in whole europe. And indeed, i love it. Its big, but not to big. It's not a long but very wide building. So wherever you stand you have a superb view on the Stage. And parking is very good!

The Faerie is going retro today with the Pixies and the Breeders! ^_^

Yeah good choice, allthough im not all that into The Pixies, they were big just before i was interested in that music. I should get into that. I love Cannonbal from the Breeders!

Listening to: Olaf Henning - Cowboy und Indianer (Tex and Hannes, you guys should know this very bad song, but its HILARIOUS!!)

Komm hol das Lasso raus wir spielen Cowboy und Indianer...

Raus wir reiten um die Wette ohne Rast und ohne Ziel

hast du mich umzingelt werd ich mich ergeben stell mich an den Marterpfahl

Songtexte komm hol das Lasso raus, so wie beim ersten Mal...

I'm having a blast here :P

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Yeah good choice, allthough im not all that into The Pixies, they were big just before i was interested in that music. I should get into that. I love Cannonbal from the Breeders!

Heh, considering my age, it would have been nearly impossible for me to have been a fan when they were still big. :P

But yes, Cannonball is a freaking awesome song! :king:

Hayden - Girl of My Dreams (some good 90s)

I would contend to most that the period from 1990-1994 was one of the richest periods in musical history. I might be a little biased though considering I'm close to 30 and don't really know what's "big" anymore, but I try. :lol:

Hayden - Girl of My Dreams (some good 90s)

I would contend to most that the period from 1990-1994 was one of the richest periods in musical history. I might be a little biased though considering I'm close to 30 and don't really know what's "big" anymore, but I try. :lol:

I don't know if it's the richest, but it's certainly up there.

I don't know if it's the richest, but it's certainly up there.

1990-1994 Honour Role

U2 - Achtung Baby

REM - Automatic For The People

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

Pearl Jam - Ten

Nirvana - Nevermind

Sloan - Twice Removed

Radiohead - The Bends

Ben Harper - Welcome To the Cruel World

Peter Gabriel - Us

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

I think the richness of this period stems from the a build up of angst and disillusionment with late 80s music.

1990-1994 Honour Role

U2 - Achtung Baby

REM - Automatic For The People

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Soundgarden - Superunknown

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

Pearl Jam - Ten

Nirvana - Nevermind

Sloan - Twice Removed

Radiohead - The Bends

Ben Harper - Welcome To the Cruel World

Peter Gabriel - Us

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

Tool - Undertow

I think the richness of this period stems from the a build up of angst and disillusionment with late 80s music.

/fixed ;)

Theres only 3 bands I remember listening to pre-1996

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

INXS

U2

Then I toiled in the top 40 scene until about grade 6, Spice Girls was my favorite. Grade 6-9, I was heavy into rap (I still have a few select CDs I enjoy listening to). Grade 10, I started with pop punk. Grade 11 is when I listened to metal and death metal and thrash metal and all that. Grade 12 is when I started listening to Emo while maintaing my pop-punk/metal genres.

I can't find that lyric...

however:

look through these blackened eyes

you'll see ten thousand lies

my lips may promise but my heart is a whore

Ooohh! I like already!

"I'm Jesus Christ on Ecstasy"

"A thousand ways to make it true

I want to do terrible things to you"

:king:

Isn't that a dead baseball player? :wacko:

actually...yes...but no...i dont know...i reme,ber hearing a oldies rock song when i was working a while back...and all i remember was the name of the song...the mexican...and im not sure if its that song...this song is more funk rock then rock....if anyone can help on my song ..would be appreciated