No Komi VS Philly, Halak to start in net

Habitforming

From Habs Inside/Out

Defenceman Mike Komisarek is definitely out of the lineup for tomorrrow night's game against Philadelphia but coach Guy Carbonneau is holding out some hope that he will accompany the team on their three-game road trip which begins sunday in St. Louis.

Komisarek injured his hand and his shoulder in a third-period fight with Boston's Milan Lucic Thursday night. He was scheduled to undergo tests this afternoon and the Canadiens expect to have a clearer picture of his injuries tomorrow.

Sergei Kostitsyn missed practice yesterday with what Carbonneau described as "upper-body" soreness. He could be in the lineup tomorrow.

Jaroslav Halak will start in goal.

Thoughts?

They should call Shawn Belle up from Hamilton for Komisarek - he leads the Bulldogs with +8

Also wish they would bring Chipchura back - they need to create some sort of solid Checking 3rd line against the other teams #1 - and I think Chipchura will be that guy eventually.

Also Marc Denis has a sparkling 1.87 GAA - Can we send Carey Price down for re-conditioning :)

I think I'd dress Dandy as a D ahead of Breeze and put Begin in regardless of Sergei's health, but that won't likely happen. Not because Breeze is better or worse than Dandy (I honestly don't know at this point), but because we need Begin's energy AND BGL's presence against Philly.

Anyways, maybe bump Gorges up to Komi's spot with Markov, and leave Hammer and O'Byrne together. Then put Breeze or Dandy with Bouillon.

I'm also at the point where some line juggling would be appreciated regardless of the team's health.

After watching the fight, I am not mad at Laraque any more. Lucic and Komi have hated each other for a year now. This was coming for a while, and they wanted each other. The thing we should be mad at is the fact that nobody takes of their helmets before a fight anymore. Here they are chucking them as fast as they can with freakin helmets on! That's why Komi quit throwing, and looked dominated at the end of the fight, and that's why he's out for who knows how many games. It's not because he fought, it's because people fight with their helmets on??

Message to Carbo: Play Laraque when Lucic line is on.

Message to Laraque: DESTROY KESSEL, SAVARD, OR BERGERON WITH A CLEAN HIT, AND LUCIC WILL HAVE TO FIGHT YOU!

After watching the fight, I am not mad at Laraque any more. Lucic and Komi have hated each other for a year now. This was coming for a while, and they wanted each other. The thing we should be mad at is the fact that nobody takes of their helmets before a fight anymore. Here they are chucking them as fast as they can with freakin helmets on! That's why Komi quit throwing, and looked dominated at the end of the fight, and that's why he's out for who knows how many games. It's not because he fought, it's because people fight with their helmets on??

Message to Carbo: Play Laraque when Lucic line is on.

Message to Laraque: DESTROY KESSEL, SAVARD, OR BERGERON WITH A CLEAN HIT, AND LUCIC WILL HAVE TO FIGHT YOU!

Nah, that would be Thornton's job. Lucic only fights with Komisarek because they hate each others.

I say play Bégin no matter what. He is the light up guy we need. In fact, he has always been this guy. Dandy in and Bégin out makes no sense to me.

Also Marc Denis has a sparkling 1.87 GAA - Can we send Carey Price down for re-conditioning :)

koivu, grab a brain.

First, you bash Lats after last nights game even though he was clearly one of the few that had a good game.

Now, your condidering sending Price down :blink:

One bad game. Carey has stolen a few for us this year, and he still has fairly respectable numbers.

If you were sarcastic or joking, I do apoligize.

I hope Komi's ok. This will be a good chance for Halak to redeem himself and rest Price for Sunday.

I think koivu was joking about the Price comment, MMPL.

I think koivu was joking about the Price comment, MMPL.

I figured that, and if anyone else said that I would definitely get the joke, but from his comments about Lats' performence last night led me to believe he may be serious.

I expect that we destroy the Flyers tonight. It was a bad game Thursday, I am over it and I think the team has put it behind them. Tonight will be an effort like the Ottawa game. Breezy on the PP? At least he can hit the net on occasion! Yeah, I know his defensive downside and offensive weekness, but he is our link to the last cup! Stop with the lack of respect already!

Denis is a great AHL goaltender, never had issues down there.....

If Rollie turns him into an NHL regular I will be blown away. Maybe bring him up for a couple wins so we can get a 4th d-man for him?

Joking.

Has anyone heard anythng new regarding Komisarek's injury, or when he might make a return?

did not make the trip. could be back as early as saturday.