Habs @ Hurricanes | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ 7acb1b8a.gif
10-4-2 for 22 points....................9-7-2 for 20 points
(5th East)...............................(7th East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Projected Lineup

(13)Tanguay - (11)Koivu - (27)Kovalev
(46)A.Kostitsyn - (20)Lang - (74)S.Kostitsyn
(21)Higgins - (14)Plekanec - (6)Kostopoulos
(84)Latendresse - (22)Begin - (25)Dandenault

(79)Markov - (26)Gorges
(44)Hamrlik - (3)O'Byrne
(51)Bouillon - (71)Brisebois

29074.jpg vs. 24170.jpg
Carey Price................Cam Ward

Montreal Player Stats
Carolina Player Stats

TV: RDS, TSN
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on who will start the 4th line?

I'd go with Kosto-Lapierre-Begin

Laraque doesn't need to play because Carolina doesn't fight much. If Carbo feels it could be rough, or Larauqe should stay in game-shape then put him in, otherwise I'd like to see a quick energy 4th line.

Carbo said he'd start the same lineup, because he didn't think the lines had a chance to click in St. Lou with all the penalties.

Yeah, but it can always change, Carbo has said his lineups in the past and they've changed.

Also, he could've just meant he's keeping his first 3 lines because he likes changing up the 4th.

Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure what he meant by his comments either. Part of me thinks he meant he'd go back to the original lines because he couldn't asses the new lines, the other part thinks he meant that he wants to see more out of the new lines before going back to the old ones. If I had said it, I would have meant the latter, so that's what I went with, haha.

of all the teams in the league I think I hate the Canes the most. not only did they embarassed Montreal twice but also almost cost us Saku to an eye injury.

Besides, the Canes make for awfull games !!

the only two things I like about them:

1-Rod Brind'amour

2- their new black uniform...simply beautiful !!

Will Bouillon play?

speaking of bouillon. I guess that's all he can eat :lol:

he said that he would be there. he was really lucky !!

of all the teams in the league I think I hate the Canes the most. not only did they embarassed Montreal twice but also almost cost us Saku to an eye injury.

1-Rod Brind'amour

wow. Brind'amour might be one of the top 3 things I hate the most about them. Always cheating on faceoffs, crappy goals, awful face. :puke:

1-Rod Brind'amour

Oh, i can't stand Brind'Amour :puke:

But I love those uniforms as well.

Edited by MMPL

You hate him

BUT YOU WOULD LOVE IF HE WAS A habs.

Actually, no. If he was a habs since 7+ seasons, maybe. But if he was a Habs since the Cam-Ward-comes-out-of-nowhere-,-eliminates-us-,-win-the-cup-and-the-Conn-Smyt-trophy era, then I would really not like him.

Well, maybe now i would, but the 1rst or 2 first seasons, I wouldn't.

About those line-ups, Lats seriously never can keep up with Higgins and Pleks. Why not play Sergei on that line, cuz he's speedy...And really can create some...play Lats with the slower Lang. Thats what i would prefer....

There is a little mistake in the lines.

We saw so little if 5-5 against the Blues that the third and fourth line are not right.

It's

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev

A.Kost-Lang-S Kost

Higgins-Plekanek-Kostopolos

Latendresse-Lapierre-Dandenault

What i like

Line 1 Tanguay play's is natural left side.

Line 2 Kost to boost Kost

Line 3 Plek-Higgins with a litlle roughness not tenderness.

Line 4 Lapierre, Latendresse. So the energy line can put some points.

Overall i like the Carbo strategy because he pleases almost everyone. And IF they do not

show any better he can go back to the original line and say to Bob, i did what i could now

we need more of this and more of that to win.

I would love to hear Carbo's explanation for putting Lats on the 4th line. I mean, he's been one of the few guys to actually show up in the losses. So you reward him by playing him on the checking line? Really? Guys like Kovy and SKost are skating around accomplishing nothing and he demotes a guy actually showing some effort.

And on a completely random note, I am so sick of announcers talking about how good a puck handler Price is. Have they ever watched him? He's lousy at it! He passes to the other team all the time. I'm scared every time he plays the puck.

And on a completely random note, I am so sick of announcers talking about how good a puck handler Price is. Have they ever watched him? He's lousy at it! He passes to the other team all the time. I'm scared every time he plays the puck.

For his age, Price is an excellent puckhandler. You're right in that he still hasn't learned to read the play at an elite NHL level, but compare him to any 21 year old goalie in the world and you'd be hard pressed to find better.

I would love to hear Carbo's explanation for putting Lats on the 4th line. I mean, he's been one of the few guys to actually show up in the losses. So you reward him by playing him on the checking line? Really? Guys like Kovy and SKost are skating around accomplishing nothing and he demotes a guy actually showing some effort.

I think Carbonneau realised that he needs a defensive resposable line and Latendresse doesn't fit the job description.

I think that TK can do the work short term but I'm sure Lapierre could be a longer term solution.

Price needs to choose when to play with the puck and when to let go.

he does play well with it but his decision making is sometime questionnable.

Price needs to choose when to play with the puck and when to let go.

he does play well with it but his decision making is sometime questionnable.

Absolutely. He plays the puck well, but sometimes he's just so damn casual (slow) about it, it turns into an adventure. That will improve with experience, one would hope.

I think Carbonneau realised that he needs a defensive resposable line and Latendresse doesn't fit the job description.

I still don't understand why he flopped Higgins and Lats shortly after Higgins' return. Higgins is my favorite Hab, so I love to see him on the big line, but I don't think it was the right move. He's a perfect guy for a two-way 3rd line. Lats, meanwhile may not have been scoring goals, but seemed to be meshing well on the Koivu line. Right now, it just seems like Lats is getting a raw deal. He really improved his skating and is checking more. These are the things that have been asked of him, yet he keeps getting less and less ice time.