4 Habs will start for the East

rafikz

Kovalev, Komi, Markov, Price.

The other 2 are Malikn and Crosby.

West starters: Giguere, Niedermayer (Scott), Getzlaf, Toews, Kane, Campbell.

So it's : Habs+Pens VS Hawks+Ducks ^_^

Wasn't there a blackout on viewing results the last 48 hours? You never know what kind of tomfoolery happened in that window.

Exactly. Fan or league tomfoolery . . .

The fan-voting results will be announced today (Sat Jan 3) at 13h30 ET (about 3 1/2 hours from the time I made this post)

I doubt Habs get four . . . but who knows?

Happy to see the Habs there, but... something's wrong when Ovechkin isnt on an All-Star starting lineup.

or Semin or Savard, kessel...

or Semin or Savard, kessel...

Nah, those dont matter at all. Ovie is Ovie. Arguably the most dominant forward in the game right now, definitely the most spectacular. Not having him on the starting lineup of the All-Star game is a joke.

I understand the league decided to leave it all to fan-bases and the homers won. At least Kane & Toews shows that fans in Chicago are back in the fold after the horrible Wirtz years. It's not about the most popular players; it's about the most popular teams.

I'm just disapointed Koivu isn't on the team.

If he did make it it might have of been a wasted placemnets ince he might of not been ready for the game. I'm not sure when he is susposed to be back. The Habs fans did a good job of voting the the right healthy guys.

All twelve starters came from 4 teams. No Sharks will start the game.

And for those who want to lay all of the blame for this on Habs fans and the campaign to get all six starting spots, I say point your fingers a little further west. When the Canucks fans started a campaign to get Rory Fitzpatrick on the team, and it almost worked if not for that fact that they started about halfway through the voting period, it opened this door, and now every team's fanbase is gonna use it to their advantage. Unless the league changes the voting, specifically the online voting, this won't be the last time something like happens.

I agree with Colin on his comment of the all star game being a waste of time.

More so,

Komisarek if not hurt, must as a bruise big as a football. His shoulder is supposed to be 100% but there are

less hits shoulder to shoulder. The break on a beach somewhere would have done him good, long term.

Markov is one of five players that has played each and every game. He will need a break someday or playoffs

2008 will happen again for him.

Price ok, for him if he can play, he needs some timing back and facing the best shots from the best players is the

best for him.

Kovalev, yes he played every game but he is better when he think he's a superstar. Good for his ego.

All twelve starters came from 4 teams. No Sharks will start the game.

And for those who want to lay all of the blame for this on Habs fans and the campaign to get all six starting spots, I say point your fingers a little further west. When the Canucks fans started a campaign to get Rory Fitzpatrick on the team, and it almost worked if not for that fact that they started about halfway through the voting period, it opened this door, and now every team's fanbase is gonna use it to their advantage. Unless the league changes the voting, specifically the online voting, this won't be the last time something like happens.

that's not why Rory lost.

http://www.slate.com/id/2157741/

Just one thing about this whole online voting thing.... who cares really? First of all I can't recall any player in recent years that truly didn't belong at the All-Star game, and even though some will criticize the presence of Komisarek and Kovalev, one has become one of the best defensive defenseman in the NHL while the other is one of the most naturally skilled players in the world who was 11th in the league just last year in scoring.

Second is really that terrible if the fans - for whom the game is for - occasionaly vote in a player that may not truly deserve to be there? Would it really ruin the entire event if - for exemple - the people in Ottawa voted massively for Jarko Ruutu, and he made the roster? I don't get why some people, including in the media, act like the possibility of seeing a not-so-amazing player at the All-Star game would stain the reputation of the entire sport. If the fans want to see a player at that game, let them have it.

hockey and football have the worst all-star games in all of sports and I don't see the big deal either way. IMHO, having a fundamentally flawed election system just gives sports media and fans an opportunity to kvetch, which operates as free advertising for the event. Honestly - who the hell cares who goes to the all-star game? At best it is just for bragging rights.

Knowing that a player is an "all star" is about as important to determining who played well in a given year as golden gloves are important in determining who is a great defensive shortstop.

The event is in Montreal, let the fans have their fun and see their boys at the game. Ovechkin is going to be there, Kovalev knows how to put on a good show, and Carey will wow the casual fans watching on NBC with his engaging personality.

Wales 12, Campbells 8. GO WALES!

hockey and football have the worst all-star games in all of sports

That's mostly because they are contact sports...unlike the other 2 (baseball and Basketball)!

The event is in Montreal, let the fans have their fun and see their boys at the game. Ovechkin is going to be there, Kovalev knows how to put on a good show, and Carey will wow the casual fans watching on NBC with his engaging personality.

Anyone watching NBC at 6 PM on Sunday is going to be seeing the news. In the NHL's infinite wisdom, the All-Star game is on Versus. At least they stopped having it mid-week.

Apparently the Capitals are playing in Ottawa tonight, and that Ovechkin has already booked his hotel room in Montreal for tonight(he'll probably be taking a private jet from Ottawa to Montreal. Looks like the Kid enjoys partying here!

Apparently the Capitals are playing in Ottawa tonight, and that Ovechkin has already booked his hotel room in Montreal for tonight(he'll probably be taking a private jet from Ottawa to Montreal. Looks like the Kid enjoys partying here!

Yeah, when the Habs and Caps played last time, the announcers talked endlessly about how much Ovechkin loves hanging out in Montreal and was gonna fly in as soon as he could and spend as much time as possible there. If only he hadn't signed that 13 year contract, haha.

Maybe he's about to be traded to Montreal ;)