Habs @ Senators | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ 9f6bdcae.gif
26-11-6 for 58 points....................15-21-6 for 36 points
(4th East)...............................(13th East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Ottawa Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(67)Pacioretty - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev
(46)A.Kostitsyn - (20)Lang - (74)S.Kostitsyn
(84)Latendresse - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos
(22)Begin - (28)Chipchura - (36)D'Agostini

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (26)Gorges
(51)Bouillon - (71)Brisebois

24778.jpg vs. 27313.jpg
Jaroslav Halak................Brian Elliott

TV: RDS, CBC, NHLN-US
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another Saturday night NHL-network game in the US. Remind me why I forked out the $160 for C E N T E R Ice when it doesn't include the NHL network, and it seems nearly every weekend game has been on that channel. Grr.

Go Habs!

Yet another Saturday night NHL-network game in the US. Remind me why I forked out the $160 for C E N T E R Ice when it doesn't include the NHL network, and it seems nearly every weekend game has been on that channel. Grr.

Go Habs!

if they continue this practice, I very well might cancel my subscription next season.

Go Habs!

Wow, you actually got Center Ice from a provider that doesn't have NHL Network? I didn't think such a provider existed.

Wow, you actually got Center Ice from a provider that doesn't have NHL Network? I didn't think such a provider existed.

the way it works is that every provider has to offer both, but they come separately. So even though Huzer and I got centre ice, we don't get the games broadcast on NHL Network US unless we order the general sports package. For me that would be like an extra $12/month. NHL Net seems to show about 50% of the Habs' HNIC games and also another 5-10 midweek games throughout the season. The end result is that between Versus and NHL Net, we get about 65-70 habs games instead of the 82 we thought we paid for. Additionally, we can't get the rds.ca zone-de-match in the US either. Basically, the NHL is holding hostage almost 20 of the most desirable games in order to force me to add the NHL network. Frankly, NFL Net, NBA Net, Golf Net, Gol, and Tennis Net should give them a kickback when and if I ever break down.

If the NHL wants me to pay for a service, they should try to make it a superior experience than stealing it.

the way it works is that every provider has to offer both, but they come separately. So even though Huzer and I got centre ice, we don't get the games broadcast on NHL Network US unless we order the general sports package. For me that would be like an extra $12/month. NHL Net seems to show about 50% of the Habs' HNIC games and also another 5-10 midweek games throughout the season. The end result is that between Versus and NHL Net, we get about 65-70 habs games instead of the 82 we thought we paid for. Additionally, we can't get the rds.ca zone-de-match in the US either. Basically, the NHL is holding hostage almost 20 of the most desirable games in order to force me to add the NHL network. Frankly, NFL Net, NBA Net, Golf Net, Gol, and Tennis Net should give them a kickback when and if I ever break down.

If the NHL wants me to pay for a service, they should try to make it a superior experience than stealing it.

It's this kind of crap that allows people to buy FTA receivers without feeling too much guilt.

just checked - 11 habs games on NHL Net, 3 on Versus. 68 Habs games on Centre Ice. At least I get Versus on my basic digital tier, except that I use centre ice online (now GameCenter) because many nights I'm at the library, so the versus games are semi-worthless to me.

just checked - 11 habs games on NHL Net, 3 on Versus. 68 Habs games on Centre Ice. At least I get Versus on my basic digital tier, except that I use centre ice online (now GameCenter) because many nights I'm at the library, so the versus games are semi-worthless to me.

And most of them are streamed for free. In english. Tonite it is being streamed by cbc but I will be watching it in hd streaming on my 22in hd monitor where i can put it on full screen with almost no degradtion. life is GOOD. ( if the habs win) :ghg: :ghg: I have now reached 1600 posts Never did I think that would happen. :lol:

And most of them are streamed for free. In english. Tonite it is being streamed by cbc but I will be watching it in hd streaming on my 22in hd monitor where i can put it on full screen with almost no degradtion.

Streamed for free to Canadians - who don't have the fundamental problem that games are being blacked out because of the NHL Network. CBC bars US IP's from receiving its stream. Now, one can use an proxy server to trick CBC, but at that point one might as well just scam a feed from wherever it can be found.

Streamed for free to Canadians - who don't have the fundamental problem that games are being blacked out because of the NHL Network. CBC bars US IP's from receiving its stream. Now, one can use an proxy server to trick CBC, but at that point one might as well just scam a feed from wherever it can be found.

sorry I was of course speaking only of canada. Where life is GOOD (if the habs win) :lol:

Wow, you actually got centre Ice from a provider that doesn't have NHL Network? I didn't think such a provider existed.

I've called Comcast in the past. They will provide NHL Network itself, for an extra $5 a month. I can't believe it isn't included in the C E N T E R ice package. Oh well, I'll just listen to the game tonight, instead.

Here's hoping the boys play a little stronger than they did against the Preds.

That's what I thought, so at least you guys have the option of getting NHL Network to see the blacked out games. Really, I'd blame cable companies instead of the NHL. If the NHL had their way, I'm sure they'd want their channel on basic digital packages like most providers do with NFL Network, ESPNU, etc. It's the cable providers who are putting NHL Network on premium packages because it's not worth their while to put it on lesser packages. They know the only way they can make money by having NHL Network is by putting it in premium packages. So if the cable providers who are the ones who cash in on people getting NHL Network, you can bet they influenced the policy to blackout NHL Network games on Center Ice.

It sucks, but I don't think blacking out the games on Center Ice is that ridiculous. What is ridiculous, however, is that they blackout the same games on GameCenter Live. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that people like simonus, who has access to Center Ice and gets GameCenter Live, is in the vast minority. Most people who get GameCenter Live, like myself, do so because their providers don't carry Center Ice, thus do not have access to NHL Network. So they're getting blacked out when they don't even have the choice to get a premium package that includes NHL Network. That is the real injustice.

The Sens black shirt is fugly. Looks like they bought a bunch of discarded old Sabres jersey and were too cheap to hire a designer to make a logo so they just had the secretary type a huge SENS with some crappy font in Publisher and put that on the front of the jersey.