Price, Higgins & SKost = the new 3 Amigos?

KoZed

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these players were not sucking ass, it wouldn't come up. The rule is that you can do whatever the hell you want IF YOU'RE WINNING. These players need, first, to figure that out; and second, to understand that that principle can only result in making them better. I'm sick of this 'why would anyone want to play in Montreal' stuff. If you win, Montreal is an *incredible* place to play hockey. I can't express my contempt for hockey players who would rather be comfortable losers than winners. Montreal fans hold their players accountable for stinking out the joint, and well they should, especially when those players are capable of soooo much more.

And I also hold the team accountable, but for too many years I have watched media and fans run with a rumour and blow it way out of proportion. I have seen no "Red bong picture, or coke straw picture. So...

Nobody said that it's wrong to go out and party all night long.

It's about taking those kind of drugs ... they can party as long as they want but it's more than dumb to take things like coke. Anyways, it's just rumours.

Meh. Kordic spent the entire 80's cocked up. Habs controled the press back then, which was just a few newspapers, a few radio guys and 2 TV stations.

Now its way harder for the organization to control the information.

Yes, it's still all rumors & speculations until there's real proofs. But lot of different sources are coming out with the same stories.

Just gonna have to follow the rest of the story. At least they're not purse snatchers...

Oh please, I love how people are suddenly blaming the party animals for the Habs most recent skid.

Get over yourselves, bottom line is these guys are all acting like normal people of their age.

Perron is a moron for even mentioning this, you think he didn't know Chelios was banging everything that moved in the 80s?

Get over yourselves, bottom line is these guys are all acting like normal people of their age.

Yes, but they aren't normal people. They're incredibly talented athletes who are being paid large sums of money to win hockey games. Like I've said before, if they're partying the night before games, then it is definitely a problem. It's like kids partying the night before exams, they're not gonna care until there are consequences, i.e. dismissal from school or mommy and daddy not paying tuition anymore. If they want to party, that's fine. But they are employees making tons of money, and in the real world, you get your ass kicked if you let drinking and drugs affect your job performance.

Oh please, I love how people are suddenly blaming the party animals for the Habs most recent skid.

Perron is a moron for even mentioning this, you think he didn't know Chelios was banging everything that moved in the 80s?

Normal people of their age, who'd be as underperforming at their job as those 3 are now, would get fired.

Normal people of their age, whose partying would get on their coworkers' nerves as those 3 are now, would get fired.

Normal people of their age dont have hundred of thousands of dollars to burn and fame to attract everything. With the good comes the bad. They can't have their cake and eat it too.

You don't think that there's someone checking up on these guys if they party too hard?

Gillett might be stinkin' rich but not to the point where he doesn't check up on his assets. You just don't hand someone millions of dollars based on trust and good intentions.

Plus, he even has a bunch of former Habs running the team who know all the tricks of the trade when it comes to partying in Montreal.

There's so much non-sense going around this team whether is about partying or about riffs in the team. In fact, remember all those rumors about a Kovalev being a locker room problem ? I think Darren Dreger squashed those out when he said a that a player inside the Habs locker room told him that this forced rest on Kovy is a shock to the team and they're going to miss him. He even said that he's an excellent teammate, so much for that Kovalev story...

Bottom line, don't worry so much about what you hear on the streets, everyone has someone who knows someone who knows a story. Is it likely to be true? I wouldn't bet on it.

Normal people of their age, who'd be as underperforming at their job as those 3 are now, would get fired.

Normal people of their age, whose partying would get on their coworkers' nerves as those 3 are now, would get fired.

Normal people of their age dont have hundred of thousands of dollars to burn and fame to attract everything. With the good comes the bad. They can't have their cake and eat it too.

Alright well tell me this, if you were in Price's shoes (using him as an example, nothing more than that), you wouldn't want to party all the time?

He has all this free time after games/practices/work outs, has a nice stack of cash there laying around and practically has a horde of girls chasing this guy everywhere he goes.

You're telling me he's not gonna party? Sheesh, it would be stupid not to.

Edit: Typo

Edit #2: And we're talking about some hot ass here, not some 3 AM last call crap laying around that no one wants to touch with a 10 foot pole.

Edited by Tony

Alright well tell me this, if you were in Price's shoes (using him as an example, nothing more than that), you wouldn't want to party all the time?

He has all this free time after games/practices/work outs, has a nice stack of cash there laying around and practically has a horde of girls chasing this guy everywhere he goes.

You're telling me he's not gonna party? Sheesh, it would be stupid not to.

Edit: Typo

Edit #2: And we're talking about some hot ass here, not some 3 AM last call crap laying around that no one wants to touch with a 10 foot pole.

You talk about it as if it was something as natural as breathing: you have cash and girls are after you: you have to party to the wee hours of the morning and come to the practice the next day still hung over. As if the more you're presented on a silver plate, the more you have to indulge in.

Sounds like the same line of logic as the gamblers who "can't control themselves" because, hey! There's a video poker machine calling my name, I have to throw my life savings away! It's right there under my nose!

Hey, I'm not against partying. I've partied as hard as anybody in my days, and I'm talking about 4-days-without-sleep partys here, if you catch my drift. But I did it when I was in Secondaire 4, 5, in Cegep, when I didnt have any responsibilities and could get 98% on a MEQ test even if I was high as a kite. When I got into Uni, had to work to pay the roof over my head, pay for my education, when I had responsabilities I calmed down. Didnt stopped entirely, but calmed down. And I was their age: 20, 21.

I have zero problems with players partying. Not even my business. And I completely understand and support the concept of "letting some steam off" when you're stressed out. But when your performances at work, your career is struggling, and when your personnal distractions start to become distractions to people around you and impact their work negatively; then you need to look yourself in the mirror, give your head a shake and get serious. I'm talking from personal experience here.

Being a young, wealthy chick magnet is no excuse for acting like a dissipated, underachieving, deadweight dumbass.

Oh, almost forgot why I came back to the thread...

Habs commented that Perron bomb today.

Schneider, laughing: The more it changes, the more its the same!

Carbo: It's really out of place (that Perron named names), I lost alot of respect for Perron. We can't follow the players 365 days a year, we discussed with them, but when they're alone there's nothing we can do. I hope that it's not because of that (the partying) alone that they're struggling.

Anonymous Habs player: We know what's been going on. Looking at our record, we understand that we need to calm down.

Price: we dont go out more than players from other teams. It's my private life.

Brisebois: They (the kids) have their lives to live, as long as it doesnt hurt their performances its none of my business. We have a hard job and we have to let steam off, but now is not the right time.

Kinda weird answers... Sort of passively acknowledging that there was a problem, nNobody's denying what Perron said, just pissed at him for saying it. Could even become a rallying cry.

Kinda weird answers... Sort of passively acknowledging that there was a problem, nNobody's denying what Perron said, just pissed at him for saying it. Could even become a rallying cry.

:clap:

This is exactly what I was hoping would be the end game of all this.

Show up drunk again and you are fired!

Anyone here with a drinking issue? You would have heard that statement in your life.

Drinkers can avoid hearing that statement (and avoid other invasions of privacy, such as computer use monitoring or urine testing) by remaining self-employed . . .

The issue with pro hockey players is different. Booze wrecks your body. Coke separates people. A team needs to come together with one vision, so weed would be better. Canada has great hydroponic weed, practically legal.

Grow Habs Grow!

Price, who was 3-7 in his red pads, is dropping them because "I haven't had a whole lot of success with them, have I? I'm getting new ones anyway."

That's the real problem right there...

A team needs to come together with one vision, so weed would be better. Canada has great hydroponic weed, practically legal.

Grow Habs Grow!

Weed also makes you slow, lazy and laid back. Would make Price as energetic and dynamic as an iceberg.

Amphetamines would be better.

How is that better? They are under contract and have no right what so ever to be out partying all night. Alcohol abuse is drug abuse!

Hmm, I do see a difference between drinking alcohol (as long as it's no abuse) and sniffing coke ...

And why shouldn't the party as long as it won't affect their game on the ice?

Anyways, Amigo Sergei is in Hamilton, Amigo Price is switching his pads (wooow, of course this must be the real problem :lool: ), Kovalev is crying at home, rumours are just rumours - I hope this will get the team a bit of a boost. :unsure:

Edited by bombTHEice

More on the subject, from Rejean Tremblay: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/chroniq...aits-divers.php

Says he's been contacted by policemen, lawyers and a relative of a Habs players. Apparently its much more serious than just lot of alcohol. He writes "Its not the first time that your little boys get drunk and bang girls in all the bars of the city, but when Price is going around with a guy he calls his bodyguard, the girls must have got dangerous now". Says it's no wonder Perron called up Gainey 3 days before speaking up.

Partying is partying, but when you hear there's trouble because of girls in the mix, you start expecting the worse, either from the players or from the girls themselves. I mean, those wealthy brainless kids are the perfect pawns for any golddigger, wither her story is true or not...

You obviously haven't been to Alberta (heck, even here in Saskatchewan) recently. Young people try to get away with anything regarding work... because the employers are so desperate for workers they have little option but to keep them. Even if they do fire them, the kids can easily find work at an even better paying job quickly. People in Saskatchewan remember the bad times, so it's not as ingrained as Alberta, but 2009 could be a huge year of reckoning for a lot of people if commodity prices stay at their record lows.

I wouldn't exactly call Rejean Tremblay a reliable journalist. That guy always has an axe to grind with the Habs.

The reality is that these guys party all the time, no point to make any fuss over it. They're regulars in certain Montreal clubs and I just don't mean Price, Sergei or Higgins, I mean practically the whole team. If you don't believe me, take a nice walk on St-Laurent Boulevard and you'll spot these guys partying and having a good time with everyone else. Better yet, look on MySpace or Facebook, it won't be long until you find pictures of these guys.

This whole over-partying thing is getting way blown out of proportion, it's the piss poor public "reasonable" explanation for the whole team sucking right now. It's simply stupid to point the blame on 3 guys when the entire team is playing like crap. What everyone sees on the Internet is just the tip of the iceberg, they've have been doing it since junior and it's nothing to be worried about since it nothing more than normal behavior for people in their age group. Don't always believe the first guy to report any dirty laundry and take it as gold, we should all be a little smarter than that. If someone really is on some deep stuff, they're simply not going to let a teammate dig his own grave considering there's a nice amicable chemistry in the locker room.

Kozed, I wouldn't put much stock in Price getting a "bodyguard." As I said before, this guy has a horde of hot ass chasing him and many athletes have bodyguards. Seeing you're from Rimouski, you must have seen it all the time with Lecavalier, Brad Richards and Crosby. Puck bunnies are crazy and all over the place.

I wouldn't exactly call Rejean Tremblay a reliable journalist. That guy always has an axe to grind with the Habs.

Yes, Tremblay has an axe to grind with the Habs, but mostly its a language bias.

Other than that, the guy is crazy connected. He hears all the stories. He could write a ton more stuff he wrote everything he knew. Usually, he just prefers to keep it to himself so he can make a TV series about it later... :)

Kozed, I wouldn't put much stock in Price getting a "bodyguard." As I said before, this guy has a horde of hot ass chasing him and many athletes have bodyguards. Seeing you're from Rimouski, you must have seen it all the time with Lecavalier, Brad Richards and Crosby. Puck bunnies are crazy and all over the place.

Yes, puck bunnies are crazy and all over the place; but if you want to take the Rimouski example, the Oceanic is a first class junior organization, the kids are incredibly well protected and structured. They've got adoptive families and everybody in town knows them and basically watch over them.

Completely different case with the 3 Amigos. They're filthy rich, they've got no one chaperoning them and they're in an environment where temptations are 10 fold what you can find in a small junior hockey town.

Is it blown out of proportion? Honestly, nobody except those who know the truth can pass judgment on that.