Is Bob Going to do Something Surprising?

REV-G

Yeah Bob did something surprising alright. He caved to the pressure of the media and fans and took a local kid, whos never going to play in the NHL

Why didnt you take Kreider Bob? Or move down? So dissapointing. Cant wait for football season

:rolleyes: Got any lottery numbers for me? How about a nice long shot in a horse race?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Last time I checked, this is hockey, not boxing.

Too bad you know nothing of either sport. Lucic was so far into Komisareks head, had him so far off his game, its sad to watch.

Komisarek was more worried about what Lucic was doing that playing hockey

Too bad you know nothing of either sport. Lucic was so far into Komisareks head, had him so far off his game, its sad to watch.

Komisarek was more worried about what Lucic was doing that playing hockey

I agree. Komi was particularly worried about Lucic in games when the Habs were taking on the Leafs and the Lightning. When he played against Anaheim he showed his fear of Lucic less, but Chicago seemed to bring out the worst of those fears.

I agree. Komi was particularly worried about Lucic in games when the Habs were taking on the Leafs and the Lightning. When he played against Anaheim he showed his fear of Lucic less, but Chicago seemed to bring out the worst of those fears.

Mmmmm, yeah probably missed a few of those games, cause his shoulder probably had been yanked from his socket, by a guy who was 3 inches shorter and 20 lbs lighter.

Mmmmm, yeah probably missed a few of those games, cause his shoulder probably had been yanked from his socket, by a guy who was 3 inches shorter and 20 lbs lighter.

By that reasoning, Tie Domi should have been a horrible fighter since he was mini. In your world, does size equal fighting prowess? Are you in a weird version of the Matrix? Next time someone asks, take the Red Pill.

lol

Ya got me there. Not sure how to bring the conversation back to hockey from the Matrix. Guess its hard to talk hockey when you'd rather be watching your favourite geeky movies.

Oh. Sorry. Good thing I didn't reference a book, eh. Then you would have branded me literary as well as geeky. The shame.

lol

Ya got me there. Not sure how to bring the conversation back to hockey from the Matrix. Guess its hard to talk hockey when you'd rather be watching your favourite geeky movies.

Yeah, making a reference to a hugely popular movie makes him a geek. :rolleyes:

Oh. Sorry. Good thing I didn't reference a book, eh. Then you would have branded me literary as well as geeky. The shame.

Any time you wanna discuss a book, let me know. I can always use a good read

Yeah, making a reference to a hugely popular movie makes him a geek. :rolleyes:

No turning a hockey discussion about fighting into an anology about the Matrix makes him a geek. I simply said The Matrix was a geeky movie. I have nothing against geeky movies, or geeks.

I am considered one, because of my profession. I do have a problem with people who cant discuss hockey matters

Tie Domi has nothing to do with the discussion

Milan Lucic annilihated Mike Komisarek. F**ked him up to where he could play for a few months. Was never the same player when he came back. And he was distracted totally to the point where Komisarek worried more about what Lucic was doing on the ice then the puck. Withness the stupid crosschecking penalty he took at the end of that series against Boston. He new Lucic was coming at him, was totally frustrated that Lucic was in his head, and could do nothing but crosscheck the guy in the face. Definitley not going to drop his gloves and get his ass kicked again

Too me, Mike Komisarek is not worth more than $4 million a year

No turning a hockey discussion about fighting into an anology about the Matrix makes him a geek. I simply said The Matrix was a geeky movie. I have nothing against geeky movies, or geeks.

I am considered one, because of my profession. I do have a problem with people who cant discuss hockey matters

But the Matrix wasn't a geeky movie. It was widely popular in the general public. Sure, many geeks liked it, but so did the majority of everyone else. It wasn't a movie whose main audience was geeks.

The Tie Domi comparison is perfectly valid. You implied it was ridiculous that Komisarek lost a fight to someone marginally smaller than him. You implied small people shouldn't be able to beat up people bigger than them. Domi is a fine example of a smaller guy who consistently pounded on bigger guys. Moral of the story: the bigger guy doesn't always win the fight, as you were implying.

Milan Lucic annilihated Mike Komisarek. F**ked him up to where he could play for a few months. Was never the same player when he came back. And he was distracted totally to the point where Komisarek worried more about what Lucic was doing on the ice then the puck. Withness the stupid crosschecking penalty he took at the end of that series against Boston. He new Lucic was coming at him, was totally frustrated that Lucic was in his head, and could do nothing but crosscheck the guy in the face. Definitley not going to drop his gloves and get his ass kicked again

I will admit that it is a possibility that the fight seriously messed with Komi's psyche. There are other possibilities as well. Perhaps he came back too soon and was never fully healthy. Perhaps acting as a coach temporarily got his mind working over-time and he started over-thinking things on the ice. Maybe he was just feeding off the rest of the team who brought him down with them.

The Tie Domi comparison is perfectly valid. You implied it was ridiculous that Komisarek lost a fight to someone marginally smaller than him. You implied small people shouldn't be able to beat up people bigger than them. Domi is a fine example of a smaller guy who consistently pounded on bigger guys. Moral of the story: the bigger guy doesn't always win the fight, as you were implying.

u

Your right the bigger guy doesnt always win the fight. But when you consider yourself one of the tougher guys on the team and a leader, and you get schooled and your season goes for a shit, you snap and lose it at the end of a series that you had your ass handed to you, and do nothing to help your team, well then your probably not a $5 million dollar a year player

LOL

If the Matrix was a geeky movie, I wonder what you call a movie like The Unbearable Lightness of Being or any Ingmar Bergman movie...

LOL

If the Matrix was a geeky movie, I wonder what you call a movie like The Unbearable Lightness of Being or any Ingmar Bergman movie...

Why didnt you read the book? The book is always better than the movie.

Too me, Mike Komisarek is not worth more than $4 million a year

agree 100%. lucic is definitely in komi's head. let him walk. lets get beauchamin from the ducks, and maybe neil from the sens , and pray that bgl is healthy enough to wreak havoc against the bruins AND leafs.someone needs to teach lucic a lesson next year.nilan or kordic would have taken care of business already.

LOL

I know it's off-topic, but how the hell are Ingmar Bergman movies geeky (/geekier than the Matrix)? It's like calling Mozart's music geeky. (Since you included The Unbearable Lightness of Being I guess you're just saying that "Mainstream movies = cool, art movies = geeky")

I think Bob's brain works in Matrix bullet-time speed. That's why it takes him so long to make each move.

UGH. kaos, sometimes I wonder if you know anything about hockey at all. I'll ask it AGAIN. What does being a fighter have to do with hockey? This is not boxing.

Mmmmmm. Yet another post with little to no hockey perspective in it at all! How shocking.

I think I would rather have Beauchemin from Anaheim. Proven winner. Brings more to the table. Too bad Bob blew it years ago by letting him get away for free, because he either didn't know the waiver rules, or was too dumb to understand the talent he had. Only person that looks more foolish is the Columbus Gm, was it Mclean, who let him go as part of the Fedorov deal

Mmmmmm. Yet another post with little to no hockey perspective in it at all! How shocking.

I think I would rather have Beauchemin from Anaheim. Proven winner. Brings more to the table. Too bad Bob blew it years ago by letting him get away for free, because he either didn't know the waiver rules, or was too dumb to understand the talent he had. Only person that looks more foolish is the Columbus Gm, was it Mclean, who let him go as part of the Fedorov deal

Yeah, that actually doesn't respond to anything in my post. Way to dodge the issue.