Montreal - Chicago Game Thread

dlbalr

I don't feel like digging up the nice looking logos, so I'm going to borrow ones used from a Habs-Hawks GDT from 2006.

canadiens_logo.jpg.....vs.....blackhawks_logo.jpg

Montreal (6-6-0) Lineup:

Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Lapierre

Pacioretty - Metropolit - Moen

Latendresse - Chipchura - D'Agostini

Hamrlik - Spacek

Gill - Gorges

Bergeron - Mara

Price

Halak

Chicago (7-4-1) Lineup:

Byfuglien - Bolland - Kane

Ladd - Ebbett - Sharp

Versteeg - Madden - Brouwer

Kopecky - Fraser - Hendry

Keith - Seabrook

Campbell - Hjalmarsson

Barker - Sopel

Huet

Niemi

Radio: CJAD, CKAC

TV: RDS (HD)

Historical Records, Stats

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go habs go! Leaving in like 20 minutes! Haven't seen my boys live for so long that the last time we went my dad and I were arguing over whether Niinimaa could solidify the D Corps.

Who was right, you or your dad? :hockey:

Looking at that line up, WE actually have more star power up front than the injury-depleted Hawks. Their edge on the blueline isn't as vast as the reps might suggest, either. On paper: a winnable game. Of course, on paper we were Cup contenders last season, so maybe 'paper' should be relegated to the role of wiping our butts...

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I'm hoping that the Hawks are tired from last night's game, but after being shut out, you can expect they'll be raring to go. I'm curious to see how Price plays, and whether he'll fight for his job back.

GO HABS GO!!!!

GO HABS GO!

Put the last one behind us with a good game tonight.

I think we were all expecting the result of the last game pregame.

Glad Price didn't start! As was stated before on here. It would have been devastating to him.

Big win tonight

Not a bad first period. The Habs really need to start generating so offense though. Hammer had the best chance for them that period, all alone in front, and he hit Huet right in the chest.

We'll pick it up in the second. I feel good things about this game.

Gionta and Gomez will conquer Madden. :unsure:

Not a bad first period. The Habs really need to start generating so offense though. Hammer had the best chance for them that period, all alone in front, and he hit Huet right in the chest.

We got to Chicago just as Huet got his game back... he has been at the top of the crease for every shot making it look easy...

I notice that when we shoot, Huet has one or two of his own players in front giving him room... At our end, there are also one or two Chicago players in front of Price, keeping him back in his net. If our defense doesn't get better we are screwed.

The sports shows were incredulous today that Crosby was left all alone in front of Halak, not once, but twice! Not how you cover one of the top players in the game. I can't wait for Ovie.. wonder if we will roll out the red carpet for him...

Is it me, or do we only have offfense when we put Cammy on the first line. Pleks gets chances on the PP and that first line dominates the other team.

If we spread them out, we have two weak lines. 4 on 4 we look great, because we have 4 forwards and no one dragging them down...

This team is desperate for a real 2nd line winger who works hard, fits with Pleks, and can score. Then we can move Cammy up and score some goals.

ARGHHHHH AK is useless...