GDT: Montreal vs Ottawa

dlbalr

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The word is Gainey initially offered the same salary as before, 4.5 mil for two years, and Kovalev (or his agent I guess, though I'm sure he was involved in the process) said 'Ok, we'll call you back' and shopped himself around at that salary. When a team (apparently LA) said they'd match, he came back looking for more from Bob. When Bob upped it to 10Mil for 2 years, Kovalev again said 'Ok, we'll call you back.'

Tired of being played, Bob offered those 5 mil per year to Gionta and he took it before Kovy did, because Kovy was busy shopping himself around for more. Then he cried about it and stayed nearby for the exact money and term.

as I recall he really wanted 3 years and would have signed for less (4.5) for the longer term. Ironic that sometimes he just floats around lost in a fog. And apparently he was lost in a fog when he was negotiating with the habs and missed his opportunity to score lol Thank god cause really I thought he should be signed for 3.5 million for 2 years. I love the guy but not at 5 million.

Gionta or Cammalleri. Doesn't matter. Both are significant upgrades on Kovalev. Which is sad to say since Kovy has far more pure skill. He's just the lion - no heart.

Gionta or Cammalleri. Doesn't matter. Both are significant upgrades on Kovalev. Which is sad to say since Kovy has far more pure skill. He's just the lion - no heart.

I'm not sure Gionta is an upgrade on Kovy. :( In work ethic, sure, but not in overall use. Both of them seem to be 55-65 point players nowadays, except I have more faith in Kovy having another big 80 point year than Gionta.

I'm expecting a big game out of Lapierre. He's looked like a lion in a cage lately: he wants to skate hard and attack; he just didnt have the wingers for it. With Gomez he's got a C who can match his speed on the rush; and he always done well with SK. Those 3 could give us a good 2nd offensive line.

I'm expecting a big game out of Lapierre. He's looked like a lion in a cage lately: he wants to skate hard and attack; he just didnt have the wingers for it. With Gomez he's got a C who can match his speed on the rush; and he always done well with SK. Those 3 could give us a good 2nd offensive line.

Meh. Martin's using White with 74-91... result: two offsides in two shifts. Come on Jacques, wise up...

White's not injured; he was pulled out of the game by the NHL office because his call-up was "illegal"!?

Goddamnit, when it's not the refs; it's the league offices that want to screw us!

What's the deal with White being an illegal callup??? what was the issue??

Yeh, I don't get it? Was there not enough notice? Are we carrying too many guys?

No idea, no details given on RDS yet. They just mentioned that White was pulled out of the game because of a technicality in his call-up. 

Yeh, I don't get it? Was there not enough notice? Are we carrying too many guys?

Dunno, maybe they forgot to put Mara on IR?!

Get gets hauled down, then the sens player puts his hands on the puck in the blue ice. No call.

It didn't look like it was quite on the blue ice to me. Close though.

Edited by lazy26