GDT: Montreal vs Ottawa

dlbalr

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In case none of you noticed, Hamrlik played 28:11 and Gorges played 26:00.

The PK saved us tonight...and so did Halak!

Hammer was crazy good tonight. Absolutely punishing along the boards.

BIG win. Halak with a solid game, but it's the PK as a whole who won that one. MAB is becoming quite useful, with Mara AND Spacek out, he played 17:03 mins and picked up a pair of points. Nobody will mistake him for Markov, but it's just nice when your supporting cast steps up like that.

Gomez had a much better game than last night, thanks to his work on the PK.

Plekanec also had a great game, not only did he do a monster job on the PK (7:30 mins on the PK, 20:30 total), but he also picked up 3 more assists. 31 pts in 31 games. To think some were ready to dump him for nothing this summer.

Something which went right over the Ottawa announcers' heads, as they kept saying his last start was November 10th. Go SportsNet research team! :lol:

I watched RDS, I can't take the sportsnet guys.

Say what you will about games in hand, but at the moment, the Habs are in the heat of the race for the division.

Games in hand are only good if you win em.

MAB is now tied at 2nd with Drew Doughty, Lubomir Visnovsky, Christian Ehrhoff and Stephane Robidas for goals by defensemen, just 1 behind Bogosian; but played about 6-7 games less than all the others.

That is incredible. But, it shouldn't be unexpected. He scored 16 last year which was one of the highest outputs by a blueliner in the NHL.

I'll admit I was as guilty as others for jumping on his gaffes early in the year, but the man didn't have training camp to get up to speed with his new team. For the past 4 weeks or so, he's been a very useful player in general.

Boy... can we get Jay Leach back if Sissy and Mara are gone for a while? :wacko:

Terrible game really, but what do we expect on a back to back and so beat up. Boys hung in despite he whistle happy refs. Halak and the D played awesome and we buried just about every real chance.

That game reminds me of that series Halak won last year where we were pelted all night but kept walking out with wins... it never lasts for long. We need the team to start playing a better overall game with more offensive pressure.

Its a good thing Pleks, Cammy, and MAB have been very dependable scoring lately.

People were crapping all over Halak for his last game, but you need to play every 10 days or so if you want to stay sharp. He looked back to his usual self tonight. I hope they don't shelve him too long again but get better balance between him and Price so they both stay sharp. We don't win without stellar goaltending!

We MUST keep MAB. I'm no longer missing Mark Streit.

Guys like Bergeron and Streit are not too much problems in the regular season. It's in the playoffs that I'd be a bit more worried about having MAB there. Remember, Streit just couldnt take the pressure (in-game forecheck) in the playoffs, which I believe was a big factor in not re-signing him.  

Boy... can we get Jay Leach back if Sissy and Mara are gone for a while? :wacko:

I wonder who the next callup will be. If they're injured long term (i.e. until Thursday lol) I'm guessing Carle.

So, check out NHL Gamecenter:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenter.htm?id=2...vid=DL|NHL|home

Note that they have Matt D'Agostini, not Ryan White, on their scorecard. It wasn't an error with the callup, Martin didn't update his lineup card. That's why White couldn't play.

Whoops! *smacks forehead*

Its a good thing Pleks, Cammy, and MAB have been very dependable scoring lately.

People were crapping all over Halak for his last game, but you need to play every 10 days or so if you want to stay sharp. He looked back to his usual self tonight. I hope they don't shelve him too long again but get better balance between him and Price so they both stay sharp. We don't win without stellar goaltending!

+1

No matter how well Price may play, there should be no harm in throwing Halak in every 4 or 5 games to keep them both sharp.

We're indeed fortunate to have *2* good young goalies. And next playoffs, I hope Martin won't be so stupid and so stubborn as to stick with Price if his game goes south. There is no need to suffer from bad goaltending when we have 2 good goalies. (Besides, I think the competition is good for both of them.)

We're indeed fortunate to have *2* good young goalies. And next playoffs, I hope Martin won't be so stupid and so stubborn as to stick with Price if his game goes south. There is no need to suffer from bad goaltending when we have 2 good goalies. (Besides, I think the competition is good for both of them.)

Yeah, but ideally, Price would be at the top of his game when the playoffs roll around. And I mean absolutely on fire, with the swagger and composure he's showed in the last ten games. Because everyone knows what a hot goalie can do in the playoffs.

If we give Pittsburgh 7 powerplays on thursday night, well, we're in trouble. I don't care who's in net.

We could be in trouble against the Pens anyway, regardless of powerplays.

Hey this board is back on track with 8 pages of a game thread against Ottawa, great.

Fns are back behind the team that is on the ice not the

team that marketing promotes.

Enough of this bring back Kovalev, and other stirred canned soup.

This team is not promising to stardom , no flashes of greatness, they are giving what they have

limited in a system made to minimize scoring chances on both sides.

But it is a team, when we see Spacek ending a play on one leg, when Gionta played with a broken foot so did Gill,

the young players follow MAxPAc and Sergei came back fast minor injuries last night.

So were back with a wounded team, but at least it's a team.

If we give Pittsburgh 7 powerplays on thursday night, well, we're in trouble. I don't care who's in net.

I suppose that the players will be saying the same thing to each other in preparation of this game...

Don't anyone panic but we may have the start of a small win streak.. GO HABS GO! :clap: